Class 10 only

43mod

Intruder here. Sorry. Kinda funny to see that what is supposed to be the long lasting cheap engine be a big issue for the class. The 2.4 sucked the fun out of trophy lite for me for sure. Changing one out in a buggy looks pretty damn sweet compared to a tl !
sure miss the 2.2 engine

Class10DAN

i don't want to sound mean, oh well.. but with everyone bitching about how the 2.4 is a pain in the ass to deal with why hasn't anyone done something about it like talk to a SCORE rep and tell them that something needs to be done

Class10DAN

im sorry its just something that i wanted to point out... no hate ❤

9rocky

The 2.5 is going to be legal in SCORE. Call Dan Cornwell the tech director. His number is listed on the score website.

drofmij

The 2.5 is going to be legal in SCORE. Call Dan Cornwell the tech director. His number is listed on the score website.
Looking at the vehicles that the 2.5 are coming in , it’s not long before they aren’t making those either. 2.0 turbo is the next option.

Zac Reish

I race a 5 car with a stock 2.4 di, with the life ecu and a Mendeola sequential. I don’t have no lift shift.

There are several class 5 cars that run 2.5’s in class 5 against me who have the same sequential trans as I do and I have not felt like they have an unfair advantage in horsepower.

There is a 5 car with a 2.5, fortin 6 speed, and no lift shift. I have not raced him in a sprint race but I raced him in Parker and was able to catch him slowly with my 2.4 di.

Dyno sheet says they have 2 more hp and torque lower in the rpms than a 2.4 di which theoretically makes it sound like a more driver friendly engine but I don’t think there will be any noticeable advantage staying with a 2.4 or moving to a 2.5 nor do I think this allowance will negatively affect the class. If anything the affordability of the engines will come back again.

To me this allowance makes sense. I don’t own a class 10, not buying one, or have plans to race one at score, so I could care less what the rules are.

9rocky

a lot of class 10's teams did talk to us last year about the 2.4. That why we changed the rule for 2020 . Run your 2.5,they are legal .
Just in case anyone missed it, @yachtman is Dan Cornwell, the SCORE tech director. There you have it right from the man himself, 2.5 is good to go.

SN8KE

So how long until BITD, SNORE, MORE, etc follow suit with the SCORE change?

Just in case anyone missed it, @yachtman is Dan Cornwell, the SCORE tech director. There you have it right from the man himself, 2.5 is good to go.

Hello All. So Im working on a mid engine 2.4 DI/th350/IRS diff build because of the new class 3000 rules. i have a rental class 3000 truggy (used to have a yellow body on it you may know of it) and i had just had all the stars align allowing me the absurd chance to jump in feet first into a business of my own, only to have 3000 disappear on me. the new wave of 3000 cars (rumored at 7ish) will be 100hp more, 8" more wheelbase, manual trans, and a few other things. KILLING my hopes of putting customers on the boxes while starting off obsolete. so Ive decided to take the best of what i have, move to thriving c10, and hopefully figure out how to cheapen the cost of said trans prep at the same time. now let it be stated here, i am NOT coming in thinking im going to reinvent the wheel, as i know its been tried before, im just shooting from the hip and giving my twist on it. will it work?? we shall see. oh and apologies to you diehard c10 RACERS for bringing in rental customers....

C.J. Hutchins

So how long until BITD, SNORE, MORE, etc follow suit with the SCORE change?
Well seeing how our 2020 season has already begun, this is a bummer to be finding out about this on RDZ. I wish SCORE would have contacted us to talk about this change. The 2.5 is a totally different engine requiring a lot of changes to a vehicle to swap over to it. We do not plan to make this changes especially for 2020. SNORE/MORE, BITD does not really follow score rules any more.

Class10DAN

Well seeing how our 2020 season has already begun, this is a bummer to be finding out about this on RDZ. I wish SCORE would have contacted us to talk about this change. The 2.5 is a totally different engine requiring a lot of changes to a vehicle to swap over to it. We do not plan to make this changes especially for 2020. SNORE/MORE, BITD does not really follow score rules any more.
So what you’re saying is if someone with a 2.5 class ten pulls up to a BITD sanctioned event you guys will let them race or no

Zac Reish

Cj. There is no advantage. If someone thinks there is come and race class 5. 2.4’s pull as hard as the 2.5’s. If it’s so much money why would anyone change? No dog in the fight I e just seen first hand they are the same performance. Dyno sheet says 2 hp/torque more.