• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 only

Class10DAN

Cj. There is no advantage. If someone thinks there is come and race class 5. 2.4’s pull as hard as the 2.5’s. If it’s so much money why would anyone change? No dog in the fight I e just seen first hand they are the same performance. Dyno sheet says 2 hp/torque more.
That’s 2 more Buff horses of awesomeness 🤙🏻

C.J. Hutchins

So what you’re saying is if someone with a 2.5 class ten pulls up to a BITD sanctioned event you guys will let them race or no
I talked to Donald this morning about it. BitD and SNORE will not be making this change.

Cj. There is no advantage. If someone thinks there is come and race class 5. 2.4’s pull as hard as the 2.5’s. If it’s so much money why would anyone change? No dog in the fight I e just seen first hand they are the same performance. Dyno sheet says 2 hp/torque more.
Copy that. Why did SCORE change this? Is it hard to find 2.4's in mexico or what?

Slippery P

I talked to Donald this morning about it. BitD and SNORE will not be making this change.

Copy that. Why did SCORE change this? Is it hard to find 2.4's in mexico or what?
SCORE is just keeping up with the times, new 2.4L crate engines no longer available, remans from GM are junk, rebuilding them opens up the cheating can of worms. This was explained to BITD and they shot it down.

jon coleman

all things being equal,bet theres less than 5 desert racers who could take advantage of 2 hp& a little bit of extra torque, let em ' race if there score legal

yachtman

Why don't all you class 10 drivers/owner get together and let SCORE tech know what you want to do as far as engine. This year we went to 2.5 only because they quit making the new 2.4. Maybe next year(2021) we do a spec engine, maybe just the 2.0. I don't know, you have to let me know what you want.

joshmx88

jon coleman

i was told Years ago by an old timer scca formula V driver the ONLY CLASS your allowed to cheat in is at the top!!, ie tt, f1, winston cup , indy car, all lower spec type classes cheaters will roast in h ll

drofmij

Why don't all you class 10 drivers/owner get together and let SCORE tech know what you want to do as far as engine. This year we went to 2.5 only because they quit making the new 2.4. Maybe next year(2021) we do a spec engine, maybe just the 2.0. I don't know, you have to let me know what you want.
if you don't get at least the top 4 organizations to buy into it, its irerelevant. Sure there are some that only race score, or more or Bitd. I think a majority like to race multiple organizations. I use to be all for the 2.5 but if it gets approved I doubt I would switch at this point. After looking into what cars come with a 2.5 I don't see it lasting much longer and we will be right back to where we are with the 2.4.

Bro_Gill

What are some motor options that would have more longevity than the 2.5 and would be good in the class?
If they are worried about crate availability, then I would have to say Prius.

Class10DAN

just a thought, but do you guys think class 10 is a dying class (or will be). i don't like to think about it but i feel like when all you guys are done racing and its time for kids like me to start racing, class 10 wont be there...