• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 only

swiftracing5

I heard some crazy war stories from the Mint this weekend. A lot of the top guys struggled, I heard Connor had to jump out due to fatigue.

Class10DAN

I heard some crazy war stories from the Mint this weekend. A lot of the top guys struggled, I heard Connor had to jump out due to fatigue.
yea..one guy even front flipped his. Fish posted about it on his Instagram

Class10DAN

So due to a virus named after a beer most if not all auto racing events are postponed until further notice, the next race for some of us is the SCORE San Felipe 250 (which is still a green light somehow) is anyone that is confirmed going to the race concerned about the virus. my School all the way out in Georgia closed down for 2 weeks and ill most likely be out in California. my question is this, Is it recommended that ANYONE go out to mexico to spectate the race and risk getting infected, or play it safe and watch from my computer like i have always done

tapeworm

So due to a virus named after a beer most if not all auto racing events are postponed until further notice, the next race for some of us is the SCORE San Felipe 250 (which is still a green light somehow) is anyone that is confirmed going to the race concerned about the virus. my School all the way out in Georgia closed down for 2 weeks and ill most likely be out in California. my question is this, Is it recommended that ANYONE go out to mexico to spectate the race and risk getting infected, or play it safe and watch from my computer like i have always done
I highly doubt you will get infected by sitting out in the desert watching the race. Hanging out around a crowd, more chances of catching it. The virus doesn’t survive all that well on dirt, rocks, and plants, but does live for an extended time on hard human made surfaces. It also lives on droplets produced by coughing or sneezing. There is a risk you won’t be able to get back in the U.S. and I personally think you have very low odds of catching the virus in the middle of the desert spectating a race. The crowd and hotel would be my main concern, not the race itself.

Class10DAN

I highly doubt you will get infected by sitting out in the desert watching the race. Hanging out around a crowd, more chances of catching it. The virus doesn’t survive all that well on dirt, rocks, and plants, but does live for an extended time on hard human made surfaces. It also lives on droplets produced by coughing or sneezing. There is a risk you won’t be able to get back in the U.S. and I personally think you have very low odds of catching the virus in the middle of the desert spectating a race. The crowd and hotel would be my main concern, not the race itself.
If I do go, will tech and contingency be closed from the public

Bro_Gill

At this point in time, tech is closed and contingency is private run at the normal location, but there probably won't be race cars there except some on display in booths.

Class10DAN

Damn 2020 is one F#cked up year

Slippery P

77A59A15-10E7-408D-BFF0-33598D1F3519.jpeg
03AB7617-29E5-4A01-B5B0-DEFED70CD14B.jpeg
A7C0A1C7-3C53-457D-B8B3-4FC9A230E4A0.jpeg
B621E91A-34F8-4732-95E8-8DF1118DE81F.jpeg
F7AEEE04-2CEF-4D95-897C-5AFD71225E0D.jpeg

with everyone hoarding TP, we are over here hoarding 2.4L DI Ecotec parts at Danzio. We got you CL10 guys covered for awhile. These are Brand new GM blocks, Heads, cams, Balance shafts Etc.

Class10DAN

I talked to Donald this morning about it. BitD and SNORE will not be making this change.

Copy that. Why did SCORE change this? Is it hard to find 2.4's in mexico or what?
its because a 2.4 isn't really worth it, you can buy one for cheap but to make it race ready and maintain it makes no economical sense.

ltr450rider

So, if C10 is supposed to be using tagged engines, specifically meaning they have not been taken apart since assembly at the factory (is my understanding anyways), how is it that engine suppliers like posted above have stock of these un-assembled parts and posting as being legal for C10 engines?

Am I missing something in the rules? I know Turnkey tags the engines for BITD, does this entail them taking them apart, making sure they are stock then retagging them as legal?

Robin Hood

So, if C10 is supposed to be using tagged engines, specifically meaning they have not been taken apart since assembly at the factory (is my understanding anyways), how is it that engine suppliers like posted above have stock of these un-assembled parts and posting as being legal for C10 engines?

Am I missing something in the rules? I know Turnkey tags the engines for BITD, does this entail them taking them apart, making sure they are stock then retagging them as legal?
The rules are just for discussion...not for enforcement.

Robin Hood

Yeah because these guys buying brand new 150K CL10 cars are expected to run a junk yard engine now...
Well my post has nothing to do with that....but, then why would guys be worried about spending $20K on a motor if they are spending $150K on a new car 🤷‍♂️. In other words why have a "Spec" motor that isn't regulated when guys are spending $150K on a car. None of it makes sense at this point.

Do you realize that you could buy a competitive class 10 car with a Honda motor for $60K, when everyone cried that the motors cost to much? Now you have to spend $80K plus on a car with a crate motor instead of a race motor...progress is amazing!

Last edited:

tapeworm

Well my post has nothing to do with that....but, then why would guys be worried about spending $20K on a motor if they are spending $150K on a new car 🤷‍♂️. In other words why have a "Spec" motor that isn't regulated when guys are spending $150K on a car. None of it makes sense at this point.

Do you realize that you could buy a competitive class 10 car with a Honda motor for $60K, when everyone cried that the motors cost to much? Now you have to spend $80K plus on a car with a crate motor instead of a race motor...progress is amazing!
I think most people racing these days are more worried about maintenance costs than initial purchase price. Most seem to be ok with minor maintenance costs throughout a season and ok with major repairs after a crash, but they seem adversed to spending large sums of money in between races just to maintain a car. I think this is what makes the UTV’s so appealing, small maintenance costs to keel it running for the year then an annual overhaul and you are good to go for another year.

So $150k on a brand new car isn’t as daunting as $10k per race for a 6 race year totaling $60k every year you race the car. When it only costs $5k every 2 or 3 races, with a major rebuild at the end of the year being around 10-15 thousand.

Of course these are all hypothetical numbers. I’ll never make enough money to afford buying a 10 car and racing it. I just know it was more Expensive to maintain and prep a 10 car before the sealed engine rule was in play, I have no idea on actual prices of the cars or parts.

Class10DAN

i mean you're not wrong, that is very true