• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 only

mxben

WOW! Looks great! Are you a 2nd Generation Hagle? Your family owned Class 10 with one of the best looking cars ever. IIRC, Nye Frank did the body on that Raceco Single Seater. Good Luck and Welcome!
Yeah my dad is John Hagle, he raced with my uncle Rick Hagle and my grandpa Ralph Hagle. Thats funny you say that because they still talk about how bad ass that car was. All of the stories they have to tell really inspired me to race the last few years on motorcycles and now its time to drive the 10 car. I see why they were so passionate telling those stories because racing down there is such an adventure. Thanks for the compliments!

Class10DAN

RDC should be posting later today or tomorrow a very nice Jimco single Seat class 10 in the classifieds
all i see is the jimco class 1 thats been on the clasifieds for a while

mgobaja

Zac Reish

I’d post some more pictures here. What’s trans is that? Is it geared for 33’s or 35’s. Cool car!

ErikIrvine

That's a good price. I blew the R&P in my 5 speed sequential and all the trans guys said "upgrade to the 6 speed, your wallet will thank you". Upgraded the trans and replaced the R&P cost approx. $17k, ouch! Happy with the 6 speed FWIW

Robin Hood

In a light weight car, as this one is, i would certainly think so.
Funny how things have changed...when the Jimco 2000 came out it was considered the heavy car in class 10.

Is it still a 1.6 liter Honda? Will that really compete with 2.5 liter?

mgobaja

Funny how things have changed...when the Jimco 2000 came out it was considered the heavy car in class 10.

Is it still a 1.6 liter Honda? Will that really compete with 2.5 liter?
I'll have to ask Jim if he recalls HP numbers from when it was on the dyno.

Bro_Gill

For that price, you could yank the motor, sell it to a tuner kid, buy an ecotec and kit it in and still be under $80k for a competitive 10 car.

PeteRock

Alright a long standing comparison I have seen, but would like to hear it from those who were behind the wheel and can give first hand accounts.
Which Jimco car is better, faster, more stable, and more comfortable? Over the years the two versions of class 10 seem to be fast, and dominate over their reign of races.
Even now so many years later the two cars sell for relatively similar values, even though there is a 10 year or so gap between the two cars.

Robin Hood

Alright a long standing comparison I have seen, but would like to hear it from those who were behind the wheel and can give first hand accounts.
Which Jimco car is better, faster, more stable, and more comfortable? Over the years the two versions of class 10 seem to be fast, and dominate over their reign of races.
Even now so many years later the two cars sell for relatively similar values, even though there is a 10 year or so gap between the two cars.
When the Jimco 2000 first came out, the earlier cars were the better race car to have. They were lighter and with the limited motor needing to stay in the high end of the pipe, the light weight helped them be quicker overall. The front end on the 2000 went thru the ruff better and gave a smoother ride because of the geometry and weight, but the weight overall was a disadvantage. As time has passed this has changed. The early Jimco's were not designed to run a heavy tire and wheel combo. When you start to beef up the earlier cars for the larger wheels and tires and the same size on all four corners, the scales tip to the Jimco 2000. Now days I would assume both of these cars are obsolete without major changes. Today's 10 cars run bigger trans, larger shocks, bigger brakes, bigger and heavy wheels and tires, etc, etc, etc.

The pictures of the early Jimco has had a lot of bracing added to the front arms and rear shock towers.

PeteRock

I figured the old Jimco style arms were phased out by all builders little by little, Jimco, Chenoweth, Alumicraft, and replaced by the now typical A-arm suspension. Those old single seat Jimcos are still some of my favorite cars. Probably mostly nostalgia, especially with the the scat engines.