• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 only

9rocky

Just because the world is boring lately, and there is no sexier car than a Alumicraft.
3Q6A0152.JPG
3Q6A0169.JPG
3Q6A0193.JPG
3Q6A0201.JPG
3Q6A0206.JPG
3Q6A0307.JPG
3Q6A0346.JPG
3Q6A0224.JPG
3Q6A0241.JPG
3Q6A0252.JPG

9rocky

Zac Reish

A fully dressed 5 car with sequential trans, spares and tool bags is 27-3,000 lbs. the alumicraft 10 is for sure that and probably a tad more.

ErikIrvine

Awesome pics!

Viola1685

Here’s a question for you fellow class 10 racers. We run the king jack on our car but the thing is heavy and a pain when it comes to the difference between front and rear flats having to readjust the jack. How many of you run the king jack and how many run just a floor jack? Those who run the floor jack do you like it or would you prefer something different like the king jack

ErikIrvine

I have the hi-lift style bumper jack out of a 50s/60s/70s American car, that's all I've ever used, breaker bar is the handle. We haven't changed a flat in a race for probably 4 years, maybe we are driving too slow

offroadracer516

I have the hi-lift style bumper jack out of a 50s/60s/70s American car, that's all I've ever used, breaker bar is the handle. We haven't changed a flat in a race for probably 4 years, maybe we are driving too slow

Exactly what I run on my 1600 car. Its what has always been ran with the car for decades and they WORK. We changed a tire on an enclosed trailer using one on the way to Caliente several years ago. Real jack was with the team at the race already. So we had to make do....

GBRACER

Cars with "blue " fox shocks still going for large dollars something seems wrong those cars never cast that to build back 10-15 years ago, ????.....

MRusich

Here’s a question for you fellow class 10 racers. We run the king jack on our car but the thing is heavy and a pain when it comes to the difference between front and rear flats having to readjust the jack. How many of you run the king jack and how many run just a floor jack? Those who run the floor jack do you like it or would you prefer something different like the king jack
IMG_7292.jpg
IMG_7293.jpg

ES MOTORSPORTS makes a chromoly 4130 scissor jack that we have on our 10 car. Super light weight and durable and uses the impact so it’s quick and effortless. You can buy them at KARTEK.

CHINOLAS

Are any class 10 guys interested in the new Tensor 37?
I am but looks like definitely will have to regear and change R&P to use them, also no idea if actual trannys will hold together the beating with 37´s, trial and error will be the only way to know for sure, heard from a friend that suspension wise they do make a difference on handling the whoops and rough spots better than 35´s at least one team has tested them in Plaster City already, my main concern is if the transmission will be resistant enough in a Baja 1000 to be able to finish.

mxben

Regarding the Tensors - anyone have any experience going back and forth from a BFG to Tensor and notice a big handling/turning difference one way or another??

swiftracing5

Interesting 37” tire on a 10 car, what is the width? Same tread pattern as the 35s?
No I believe it is an 11.50.

Cycle of life, company builds bigger tire, racers upgrade parts, cars go faster, holes get bigger, company builds bigger tire. --->>>

@mxben not to cross threads but difference between BFG 10.50 and Tensor on a 5 car is insurmountable IMO, tensor is head and shoulders above the BFG Not sure on the 11.50s, havent tried them.

JLongo

Thanks Ben, I agree 37 might be a little much for a beam car but I’m sure it will get tried.