Class 10 passing an 11, What do you guys think about this pass?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Wow that sucks. The 11 car owner is Daniel Reyes of Acoplados, thats what his FB is. Has anyone reached out to him?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mrmatt

Reaction
Dick move to drive off....the pass was in poor judgement in my opinion but I think the guy was trying to sneak through and misjudged it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CFreeLV

Reaction
The pass is simply a racing incident. The 10 car had just enough room to make a pass until the 11 car kicked a bit and that space shrunk which caused the collision. These things will happen. It's a part of the sport. Would have been nice to see the 10 car check on the occupants in the 11 car to assure no injuries and possibly tow the car off the main line.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Ugh, bummer. Watched it a few times and I know the area well. The line they were in is about 2 cars wide, with bushes lined on the passenger side of the course spitting the other wider lines of the race course. The 10 car looked like he was staying left and the class 11 came over from the right to the left at the last second. Looked to be a racing accident up until that point. Not sure if the class 10 guys got a thumbs up from the class 11 guys....maybe they got at least 1 finger before they drove off but we would have to hear that from them.

Before these guys are burned at the stake I would like to hear their side. Changing lanes at the speed they were going (over the bushes towards the right) was not really an option without losing a lot of momentum. My best guess is they thought the class 11 was going to hold it's line and they would race right on by....they were wrong.

Unwritten rule, no one hits a class 11 car. I don't think they meant to but I sure hope they got some sort of indication from the class 11 occupants that they were ok before continuing.

ErikIrvine

Reaction
When we're Monday morning quarterbacking, we need to remember racing requires 10,000 decisions in an 8 hr. period, that's why we're drawn to it. Looks to be a an innocent mistake flowed by a bad choice on leaving, but I'm sure in the heat of the moment in a race, and in the hunt, it was a difficult decision. Thank God we're all family and we make things right and hold eachother accountable.

steve0we

Reaction
It is clearly the class 11's fault. that thing is sexy and I'm sure the class 10 guys couldn't stop looking at it.

Really sucks for the class 11 guys. accidents happen and it is especially heartbreaking when its a class 11. Not going to be easy to fix and a day ender for sure. Bad timing and a bad decision to not check on them at the end. I have no doubt both racers are good people and this will have a positive outcome!

jowoog

Reaction
video gone ? any copies ?

J Prich

Reaction
Wasnt this at the Mint? I thought the 11 car guys posted here or maybe it was on social media afterwards complaining about how they felt that they got wrecked and were upset that the 10 car didn't stop and check on them. I swear this was out there somewhere right after the Mint.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Wasnt this at the Mint? I thought the 11 car guys posted here or maybe it was on social media afterwards complaining about how they felt that they got wrecked and were upset that the 10 car didn't stop and check on them. I swear this was out there somewhere right after the Mint.
It looked like it could be the Mint. Not sure if there is another link to the video out there.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
It looked like it could be the Mint. Not sure if there is another link to the video out there.
That team doesnt race stateside. At least not when I was a part of them. They are mainly CODE and RECORD.

The team owner has an account here under Acoplados

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Crowd Pleaser

Reaction
Bad move by the 10 car and very poor sportsmanship for not stopping!! There was no dust and the Class 11 was clearly visible, not to mention the course was wide enough for the 10 car to take another line or just use a little more caution passing. The 11 car did not get sideways (just pogo'd) until the 10 car hit them. Just my opinion as a long time Class 11 racer who has been rubbed, but never like this. I would not consider this just a racing incident by any means.

And yes, this was the MINT as the car had a 5100 number. I spoke to the team in the pits after climbing out of the #5189

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
Bad move by the 10 car and very poor sportsmanship for not stopping!! There was no dust and the Class 11 was clearly visible, not to mention the course was wide enough for the 10 car to take another line or just use a little more caution passing. The 11 car did not get sideways (just pogo'd) until the 10 car hit them. Just my opinion as a long time Class 11 racer who has been rubbed, but never like this. I would not consider this just a racing incident by any means.

And yes, this was the MINT as the car had a 5100 number. I spoke to the team in the pits after climbing out of the #5189
Im getting senile in my advanced age but I swear this incident lived somewhere here shortly after the Mint. I'm not motivated to go find it but I could have sworn someone on behalf of the 11 car team posted something about this incident. I could be confusing it with something that was getting passed around on social media but I am positive that there was some public discussion about this right after the Mint. Not with video, but I remember it being discussed.

I'm pretty sure the 11 car guys saw it the same way you described it and they weren't too happy about it all.

rboyer

Reaction
All driver must use & have a time or too to lift, Yes the 11 guys should be looking in the mirror's but cant always see them coming at a fast speed. The 10 driver most likely never drove an 11 car, I see it as the 10 car should have lifted & waited until a wider spot to pass. he would not have lost 30 seconds. and saved a lot of repairs. Or the 10 driver should have seen the dust & crossed over to the right lanes wide open.

Crowd Pleaser

Reaction
You would know as the new defending Class 11 MINT 400 Champ Rick.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
DELIBERATE? i would say HELL NO.....did the 10 car make a MISTAKE? HELL YES......probably part of the issue is: MANY people are taught or told to ALWAYS pass on the left, which kinda makes sense, as the guys being passed are trained/taught to move to the right when getting passed......in this case , obviously from our chopper view, the 10 car had PLENTY of room to clearly zoom by on the right......yes, he probably should of stopped and made sure the 11 guys were ok/and get his ass kicked,haha , but he didnt, it is a RACE, and obviously , he was RACING.....should the 10guy pony up a few bucks to help the 11 team? yes, he probably should....should he be banned from racing, aaahhh no......

RanchoPacific Motorsports

Reaction
The video is not working, is there a different link some one can post?

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
does it work???

Last edited: