• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 Question

You Mad Bro

Will V6 Engines ever be allowed (at least in the future) on 10 Cars, seeing them how they performed so well and how big the class is (20+Cars), will it make a major impact if V6 engines are ever allowed, I have a feeling the average class 10 racer wishes to have more horsepower, should racing organizations "step up" the regulations in the class.

TRAVISD

If you want to "step up" run class one with a V6. Why change class 10? I am confused.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

cubed

Will V6 Engines ever be allowed (at least in the future) on 10 Cars, seeing them how they performed so well and how big the class is (20+Cars), will it make a major impact if V6 engines are ever allowed, I have a feeling the average class 10 racer wishes to have more horsepower, should racing organizations "step up" the regulations in the class.
Quite few of them run the rear engine v6 setup in 7200, they seem fairly evenly matched with the 10s.If you want to run a 6 just run 7200.

Robin Hood

It is time! Class 10 should be a V6 class...plenty of suspension and trans to handle it. Its too big of a step to class one and there are plenty of 4 cylinder classes.

You all know that class 10 was an 1600cc, air cooled beam car back in the day...that is class 12 now. Step it up boys!

Slippery P

It is time! Class 10 should be a V6 class...plenty of suspension and trans to handle it. Its too big of a step to class one and there are plenty of 4 cylinder classes.
I respectfully disagree for many reasons, the class is great the way it is. That being said the Engine will soon become unavailable much like the LS3 in 6100 so rules will have to change. In my opinion a turbo 4cyl. Would be a better option than a V6 with the way the cars are currently being built.

bobsson

I respectfully disagree for many reasons, the class is great the way it is. That being said the Engine will soon become unavailable much like the LS3 in 6100 so rules will have to change. In my opinion a turbo 4cyl. Would be a better option than a V6 with the way the cars are currently being built.
Doesn't BITD already have that in the 2400 cars?

Bdub 1020

I think BITD should combine 2400 and 10 and have some Ford vs Chevy competition. Yep lets hear all the eco tec DI boys cry just like all the standard injection boys did when DI was allowed. Its only 12k is what they said to me LOL. Step up let the Ford boys in class 10

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
I think BITD should combine 2400 and 10 and have some Ford vs Chevy competition. Yep lets hear all the eco tec DI boys cry just like all the standard injection boys did when DI was allowed. Its only 12k is what they said to me LOL. Step up let the Ford boys in class 10
I would have zero problems racing against them and agree. Its stupid they split the classes, I don't think they are any faster.

But V6's is a dumb idea. The class is great and growing.

pdailey

Racer
The 12k thing is getting silly. Plenty of guys out there who decided not to go the Danzio route and doing just fine with junkyard DI motors no less. Ask around.

powerbox_builder

The Ford DI motor is already allowed in class 10. 2400 is a turbo motor.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
The 12k thing is getting silly. Plenty of guys out there who decided not to go the Danzio route and doing just fine with junkyard DI motors no less. Ask around.
Yeah last year's Baja 1000 winner won with the standard motor. So stop crying and get out there and try! Or hire a better driver like they did lol

Bdub 1020

Come on guys just messing around here. Why does everyone have to be so serious , laugh and have fun. I have been doing a lot more of it since we took a break from this expensive HOBBY lol. What I would really like to see is a spec V8 buggy class. TT has 6100 why cant Class 1 have 6200 with a Ford or Chevy crate engine. OH FRICK here we go

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight

You all know that class 10 was an 1600cc, air cooled beam car back in the day...that is class 12 now. Step it up boys!
Ummm, that's class-1.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Bdub 1020

If you think going from Class 10 to class 1 is an easy stepping stone I can give some phone numbers of guys that were bad arse in 10 and could not believe how much quicker things come up on you and how easily you can wad up bad in a class 1. Ask CJ Hutchins he comes to mind or my youngest Turbo. They can tell you class 10 to class 1 is no fricken comparison at all except they are buggies lol. You better have patience and be able to remain calm. But no on the V-6 thing IMO also.