Class 10 Question

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
I think because 6100 is not broken. Nor is 10/1000 or TT. But 1500 and 1 in are lower in numbers. Therefor maybe a problem coming? Who knows. But one thing is for sure. TT numbers have grown, and spec engine classes like 10/1000/6100 have also grown. That is why I feel a spec engine 1/1500 car class would also grow.

Agreed, we just don't need a Class 1, Class 1 spec and Class 10. And I suspect Class 1 (and the fans) would riot if you told them they could only run a V6 so it creates a bit more of a problem. I think of Class 10 as a sort of Class 1 Spec now so adding another motor sort of complicates it. Either have class 10 run a V6 (which for sure would make them faster than the TT Spec since we are already faster in Baja) and have class 1 as it is now or leave everything how it is now.

And my personal belief is that Class 1 is dying because the guys that would normally race that are racing TT Spec now.

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
Agreed, we just don't need a Class 1, Class 1 spec and Class 10. And I suspect Class 1 (and the fans) would riot if you told them they could only run a V6 so it creates a bit more of a problem. I think of Class 10 as a sort of Class 1 Spec now so adding another motor sort of complicates it. Either have class 10 run a V6 (which for sure would make them faster than the TT Spec since we are already faster in Baja) and have class 1 as it is now or leave everything how it is now.

And my personal belief is that Class 1 is dying because the guys that would normally race that are racing TT Spec now.

Trucks are easier to drive. So I agree. Class 1 takes a special kind of nut job to haul ass.

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com

I would never say to run a V6 in 10/1000 car and would say to leave 10/1000 class how it is.

I do feel that an added new class with a spec V8 would be awesome. Remember how much crap I got for 6100? Well 33 entered at the Vegas to Reno race. I bet 50 entries in that class are not that far away. Hardly any of the 6100 field is from 1/1500. I would say more from 7200 if anything. I feel a spec V8/Eco boost V6 buggy class would just pull people away from 1/1500 and the numbers would grow in to bigger numbers in the spec buggy class. Think about how many 1 cars are out there not being raced due to expensive engines etc.

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
B I N G O and bingo was its name o. Jerry it would be the biggest class in BITD with a spec L S and ecu , 4 speed non seq. tire size like 35 '' and a shock package like 3.0 bypass and 2.5 coil over fox or king. Go on haters but it would huge.

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
B I N G O and bingo was its name o. Jerry it would be the biggest class in BITD with a spec L S and ecu , 4 speed non seq. tire size like 35 '' and a shock package like 3.0 bypass and 2.5 coil over fox or king. Go on haters but it would huge.

I would want to do more research on rules but for now would say leave them open with a max tire of 37", Trans-axle (no rear ends/truggys) and the engine rule. Not against a max 35" tire rule but for the trans I am not sure there would need to be a rule there. More research needed :)

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
RDC Crypto
Why would you want to limit anything but the motor?? Class 10 isn't even limited except the motor. COME ON MANG!!!

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
Because then its an affordable drivers class and you just cant buy stuff to have an advantage. Keep class 10 and race it the way it is this class would not effect 10. I think an engine supply company , a transmission company , shock company and tire company would jump on board if they say sold 100 + transaxles and got the service work out of them. Same for fox or king selling 800 shocks. Turnkey or whoever knew they were going to sell and tag all the engines. If it were a spec tire don't you think a manufacture would deal for all that classes business with tires. You could take and older or new buggy put this drivetrain , transmission , shock and tire package on it , race and have a blast with a good chance. Prep would be less. If you don't like it be quiet (not directed at you Diddy) and race the class you race now. Its not for everyone but many would do this class.

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
Polls are for politicians lol. No one says anyone would have to quit racing the class they love. No one told class 7 and 8 etc they had to race 6100 just because it started.

cubed

RDC Crypto
What exactly are we trying to accomplish here?
6100/spec truck is booming but have we added racers? or have we just cannibalized class 1 and 7200?
7200 numbers are half what they were a few years ago and class 1 numbers are now dropping, so is this a net gain or are we just re shuffling the same deck? If we added a spec class 1 would it add racers or just rob entries from c1 and c10 and 7200?
I doubt you will add many racers, mostly be just moving car counts among the top few classes, in the end its still the same group racing.

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
What exactly are we trying to accomplish here?
6100/spec truck is booming but have we added racers? or have we just cannibalized class 1 and 7200?
7200 numbers are half what they were a few years ago and class 1 numbers are now dropping, so is this a net gain or are we just re shuffling the same deck? If we added a spec class 1 would it add racers or just rob entries from c1 and c10 and 7200?
I doubt you will add many racers, mostly be just moving car counts among the top few classes, in the end its still the same group racing.

6100 brought back old racers and added plenty of new racers.
The SPEC engine is great for most that is what brought back class 10 and got people excited about 6100. I think SPEC 1/1500 would bring back racers and bring in new people to racing. Most people in America love V8s IMO.

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto

I would want to do more research on rules but for now would say leave them open with a max tire of 37", Trans-axle (no rear ends/truggys) and the engine rule. Not against a max 35" tire rule but for the trans I am not sure there would need to be a rule there. More research needed :)

Sorry for being off topic...maybe Jerry or B-Dub should start a new thread.

IMO..there are a lot of class one's with either 37's or sequential trans that would convert to this class.There is no reason to limit anything except the motor. Maybe require a Torque Convertor to reduce driveline cost and keep with what most have now days. If you want or have bigger tires, brakes etc you will pay for it with weight. To each their own on what will work best.

ltr450rider

RDC Crypto
I think (Uh Oh!):

CL1 numbers are down because it is simply not as competitive of a class without spending lots of money anymore. To keep up with the big names, guys are spending a lot of money on race engines and drivelines, only to not really be recognized in the results. The guys who are spending half the budget on a tuned "LS" engine just aren't able to be competitive with they guys running a Kroyer/Dougans/Danzio engine for twice the money.

What race enthusiasts go to see the CL1 guys, other than "us" desert racing fans, who else cares?. Most spectators/enthusiasts go to see the Trucks, that is where all the sponsorship money is, those are the only guys with big names on the side of their vehicles, that is where the competition is. I think 6100 is a great class because they are at least on par cost wise with a CL1 car, now you are in a "Truck" that gets some more recognition, and the class is super competitive and fun to race. If you are racing a CL1 car right now, I think it's because you really want to, or you havn't had the opportunity/money to step into a Truck (Buggy guys, chime in on that thought).

I don't know that a spec CL1 class would really take off the way some think it would, although I do like the idea. Look at 2400, that was supposed to be the "faster" class 10, Ford gave the series engines, and no one really jumped on it. It costs just as much as a 10 car, but 10 is where the fun and competition is. Leave 10 alone, if anything, do a "10-Pro/Open", and maybe a "10-Spec" with non DI engines and an H-pattern trans to keep the cost down. There are enough cars racing in 10 where that could separate the "Pro's" from the "Sportsmen". I think that could bring some sort of a "Budget" back to class, and allow the "budget" guys to be competitive with each other.

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
I agree with 1st half and disagree with the second half. A V-8 class that is not about how much money you can spend to have an advantage would be appealing to many. Like you said buggy racers get no recognition or sponsors we do it for personal reasons. I think people that are against a spec class are either afraid that it will hurt the entry numbers in their class or are afraid that if they don't have a equipment advantage they might not win on driving skills lol. What could it possibly hurt , the payback check you get in offroad racing. We all know those are huge compared to what you spend haha. We all have opinions. Vote for Hilary while your at it lol

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
RDC Crypto
Because then its an affordable drivers class and you just cant buy stuff to have an advantage. Keep class 10 and race it the way it is this class would not effect 10. I think an engine supply company , a transmission company , shock company and tire company would jump on board if they say sold 100 + transaxles and got the service work out of them. Same for fox or king selling 800 shocks. Turnkey or whoever knew they were going to sell and tag all the engines. If it were a spec tire don't you think a manufacture would deal for all that classes business with tires. You could take and older or new buggy put this drivetrain , transmission , shock and tire package on it , race and have a blast with a good chance. Prep would be less. If you don't like it be quiet (not directed at you Diddy) and race the class you race now. Its not for everyone but many would do this class.

Exactly..... Class 10 put a spec on motor ONLY and look at it. If you want to put a spec motor in and call it good, fine. You can't limit a "Unlimited" class to tire size, transmission, shock builder etc.... Your a business man B-Dub ( I think), why would you want to limit the class to 1 this or that. Spread the wealth to all the peeps and let the Off-Road community strive, that's what competition is all about. Builders trying to out-do eachother for an advantage and we, the racer reep the rewards with awesome products. The only reason pro-truck did good was (in my opinion)..... New, and had the BADDEST driver representing it. Come on B-Dub, if you want to drive a spec class 1 just get after it in class 10, they go fast enough for us (you & I) old guys. If you want to go REALLY fast, by a TT or TT Spec.

T-Baggin........................................ OUT!

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
Your right just keep spending stupid amounts of money to have fun and win a trophy. Keep all classes as is and never add new ones or get rid of old ones with 3 entries. Im going fishing, camping and having a beer. Stay thirsty my friend. Hey you want the Same OL Sheot vote for Hillary and keep things like they are lol

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
Bdub...with all due respect, as we are probably in similar situations. We want to race, want our boys to race but have a hell of a time justifying the stupid money it takes and that we have spent in the past!

The reason you cat heard the cats is because you only push your personal agenda and aren't willing to compromise. Are you sure you're not a democrat? (JOKING).

A motor swap in current class one cars or older class 10 cars to a spec class 1 is relatively simple. Now you start limiting tire size, transmission, etc you have just eliminated a whole bunch of potential cars and now requires purpose built cars to size and weight. Most current class one cars have a sequential trans and a lot of them have 37" tires now days. Besides if a class 10 is running 35s doesn't it make sense for a V8 class one to have 37"s?