• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 vs Class 12

You Mad Bro

Are VW Engines in 12 cars the only difference from the 10 Cars, or the suspension system, because I keep wondering what's the main advantage the 10 cars have from the 12. I've seen at races and videos of 12 cars passing and even racing at front with the Class 10 cars, I also think the 12 cars go at the same speed as the 10.

swiftracing5

Agree on engine. Gap is only getting bigger. Fat going out of business for the most part just proves that big displacement VW off road engines are becoming a thing of the past. And companies like turn key, danzio etc are building better and better eco tecs. We are talking 50% more horsepower on a lot of these engines. More reliable and better MPG, so less stopping and more go-fast.

Bajawillie

oh jeez!!!

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
The car im racing at the 500 in a couple weeks is actually a class 12 chassis (beam) with a ecotec in it. Most class 10 cars use a-arms but there isn't a restriction on suspension like there is in C12. Its harder to be competitive but not impossible.

MarkAcunaOffRoad

Agree on engine. Gap is only getting bigger. Fat going out of business for the most part just proves that big displacement VW off road engines are becoming a thing of the past. And companies like turn key, danzio etc are building better and better eco tecs. We are talking 50% more horsepower on a lot of these engines. More reliable and better MPG, so less stopping and more go-fast.
This may be a dumb question, but how are they "building" better Ecotecs with 50% more HP, when these engines are suppose to be stock & sealed??

Mark Acuña
Mark Acuña Off Road Racing

M.Tornel Jr

No way they are the same, if you know what ur doing class 10 is vastly superior to 12 in every aspect. We have a brand new 10 and a competitive 12 and the 10 is a totally other level not even close

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

I do agree the class 10 engine package makes more power than the VW air cooled cars out there. Even though I don't know many who will try (I'm the one that would just because) but if i'm not mistaken the engine displacement for an aircooled in BITD and some other sanctioning bodies is 2400cc push rod and 2 carbs for air cooled. Pretty much anything goes. It would be cool to see! I'm not going on a battle here and I do realize that aircooled VW isn't the most reliable thing out there, just saying it would be cool to see.

For legal purposes this in no way states a vw engine would ever pass or beat Pat Dailey nor does it have anything to do with his sexual preference.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Someone should have told Eugenio that he was supposed to be slower than 10s in his 12 car LOL

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Depends who you buy it from, a brand new top of the line jimco should be around 135-150 and if you want add-ons the price goes up fast
I'm guess at that price, a lot of it consists of the brand that you're paying for.

Dailey's car seems legit and I would assume is closer to 100k than 200k.
Pat, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today