Class 10 with or without a corider

ErikIrvine

Reaction
If I was to listen to anyone, I'd listen to Davis aka Green Army. A lot of 2 seat and single seat experience.

I always wanted a single seat class 10, but after racing with my current codriver (steve tyo) I realize I am too stupid, clueless, and emotional to race by myself.

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
Single seat cars are faster by far and if you get bored just start talking to your self. Green Army , Ivan the Iron man, Sam Berri and so many more have proven that.

E.Hagle

Reaction
My gut instinct tells me that having someone feeding you info to drive into blind sections faster is worth more than the few added HP. Green army and Wheeler make it look easy, their leather is a little more aged than ours.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Driving solo is much like riding a motorcycle except you have a cage. After watching much of the Green Army footage from the 1000 it is clear that a fast driver has no time to look at the GPS. Pre-running must be extensive and the driver must have a good memory.

So if you can pre-run a couple of times and memorize your section, go for it. But if you need the constant input from a co-driver or you have a propensity for cutting tires you might want to stick with a co-driver.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Speaking of Davis/Green Army.

While they have great success in class 10 in a single seat car I don't know that it is really fair to give the vehicle the credit.

They do a ton of prerunning. Their chase squad is top notch. And the Davis kids can drive like hell. Bigtime. I'm confident they could school plenty of peeps in a two seater with a jet ski trailer hooked to the bumper. They should do an extra lap to make it fair for everyone else.

MTPyle

Reaction
Interesting thing about single seaters is they learn to stop by spectators to get help. I bet guys that are in single seaters rarely change tires by themsleves. I was blown away at how many people were in remote Baja. They come out of the woodwork when you stop and ready to help. Races in the states have less spectators but more course workers. There is always someone pretty close.

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Interesting thing about single seaters is they learn to stop by spectators to get help. I bet guys that are in single seaters rarely change tires by themsleves. I was blown away at how many people were in remote Baja. They come out of the woodwork when you stop and ready to help. Races in the states have less spectators but more course workers. There is always someone pretty close.

Mike
A long time ago when i was on a team that raced SNORE the boss got rooms and covered expense to have peeps come out and be course workers. We got volunteer points added to our teams points and we just happened to have guys with spare parts that fit our car out there manning road crossings.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
A long time ago when i was on a team that raced SNORE the boss got rooms and covered expense to have peeps come out and be course workers. We got volunteer points added to our teams points and we just happened to have guys with spare parts that fit our car out there manning road crossings.
Sat at a checkpoint with an Orange army tire.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
This is a discussion that has no right or wrong answers. Class 10 has in my opinion become the most competitive class in the desert under 150K

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

Goober

Reaction
Driving solo is much like riding a motorcycle except you have a cage. After watching much of the Green Army footage from the 1000 it is clear that a fast driver has no time to look at the GPS. Pre-running must be extensive and the driver must have a good memory.

So if you can pre-run a couple of times and memorize your section, go for it. But if you need the constant input from a co-driver or you have a propensity for cutting tires you might want to stick with a co-driver.
Don’t the single seat guys run with the GPS talking through the helmet?

JDDurfey

Reaction
you learn to be very good at remembering things that will be very bad if you hit or fly off of lol.
I completely understand as I raced a bike. I could just about memorize my section after two pre-runs. There were times where I only pre-ran once due to circumstances that Baja threw at me. And having a good memory is paramount!