Class 11 Challenge

Petepecas

Who would like to see the top TT drivers duke it out on a B1K against 5 of the current Class 11 Drivers all rules applied, including the ridiculous time limit on Class 11 Bugs? Does anybody think the TT drivers would still shine as bright? Not being a Richard, just a legit challenge... All on C-11 cars.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today EDIT: just to be clear, all driving C-11 cars...

Petepecas

Thank you for posting it, missed that one!
And yes, it would be cool to have it on a B1K course, something like this...
baja class 11 challenge.jpg

race-desert

would be cool to see happen!
but-I truly doubt you would find two (or any for that matter) tt drivers that would even think about doing 1000 miles in a class 11 let alone 5!

harleys dad

Anyone who drove on the course at that code race knows the meaning of ROUGH, that was one of the roughest courses I have ever been on in 40 years of racing Vws. Perry McNeil drove with me at that race and we nearly won it. That old man can drive anything except when the shock pin breaks lol He was the best of the TT drivers by far

Petepecas

Ray Gastelum used to tease Perry about instaling a boat throtle instead of an accelrator pedal on his race cars....

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

offroadracer516

Ray Gastelum used to tease Perry about instaling a boat throtle instead of an accelrator pedal on his race cars....

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
That's pretty much how it is with that guy!!! I got to co ride the 2nd heat with him and it was a real treat to say the least. Perry is one bad dude.

steveG

Having just co-driven in a Class 11 in the 1000 this year, I'd be willing to bet the majority of TT drivers would have an absolute blast doing this. We raced with 5 drivers and co-drivers and every one of them loved it, regardless of vehicle condition. By the time Greg and I got in at mile 620m the car was hammered... broken torsion bar and blown shock on the left front, BAD brakes, missing lots of parts, coming apart at the seams... a mess. It was ridiculous how well that thing still worked. We flogged it hard for about 6 hours and got out of the car smiling... damn good times.

Petepecas

Having just co-driven in a Class 11 in the 1000 this year, I'd be willing to bet the majority of TT drivers would have an absolute blast doing this. We raced with 5 drivers and co-drivers and every one of them loved it, regardless of vehicle condition. By the time Greg and I got in at mile 620m the car was hammered... broken torsion bar and blown shock on the left front, BAD brakes, missing lots of parts, coming apart at the seams... a mess. It was ridiculous how well that thing still worked. We flogged it hard for about 6 hours and got out of the car smiling... damn good times.
12295485_1042207209163436_4890617383840796532_n.jpg

Petepecas

Waiting for our 1129 to be extracted from MM 60 ish. too short a race for us. Kudos to the teams that made it to the finish, regardless of time...
12248047_507444009414817_4425344445825794632_o.jpg

tapeworm

I think a 24 hour race at Glen Helen would be cool. Class 11 cars only, run Lemans style. You're allowed a maximum of 6 drivers. Glen Helen has the facilities to support this kind of race and class 11 cars aren't going to tear up the course too the point where it would become impassable.