• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 11 motor

racetrash

Our new class11 motor is being picked up tomm, so we can race Lucerne next weekend. Sorta have a debate going on at the shop, I want to run all the tin, back, front, everything. guys want to run it with all the tin cut up, say like a 5-1600 motor. Iv'e been a VW guy since i was 16, have worked at several VW shops, and was taught by the old guys. Any tips? Wiks says run all the tin, also several of our old mechanics from JADA VW in Buena Park....won't even get on the Gene Berg stuff (all the tin, all the time) Pete

CMA GUMBY

I was raised(many years ago)by a dealer mechanic. All the tin. All the time. Unless it's a full race motor, that will be torn down after every run. Just what I was taught...

yamaducci

So what did you end up doing come race day? My guess is if you ran 5-1600 off-road tin you lost the engine and the race. If you ran all the tin you had a fair shot at a podium. ALWAYS listen to the engine builder. You can be sure Wiks knows what he is talking about.

racetrash

28 miles and broke the front shock tower, still no tin front or rear. We'll see how it goes next race..I'm just the wire guy, what do I know.

racetrash

Going to run our 5 car, and yeah...the 11 car the (bacon hauler), going for 35 miles this time! Pete

dirtslinger

Good luck Pete, a mile at a time! Looks like up to 7 cars now, if we get 10 my partner is throwing in $500 to the winner.