Class 11 roll cage

Bro_Gill

That would be the copy of the Chenowth class 11 cage. They were good to start with when the steel was not the cheap crap you get in those kits now. And today, to do a class 11 cage to be state of the art, you would want to design it differently making a sub-chassis front to back.

sporkwerks

Dose anyone know if the Ron Lummus drag racing cage would be a good start for a class 11 cage?

rlc.jpg

1 5/8” x .134 Wall MIG Welded Mild Steel Tubing

or is that too heavy?

harleys dad

Depends where you plan to race, Snore you can use that cage kit, and ad to it as you wish. Personally I build my cars using 4130 as Mild steel if you crash even little it will bend, I bought all my 4130 from Tusker metals in temecula for 540 dollars which was 40ft 1.5 095 and 60ft 1.5 065. Built rite your car will last. I have built about 37 class 11 cars over the years and a lot of them are still running today. Do it right, dont cut corners and you will enjoy Class 11 good luck

sporkwerks

Depends where you plan to race, Snore you can use that cage kit, and ad to it as you wish. Personally I build my cars using 4130 as Mild steel if you crash even little it will bend, I bought all my 4130 from Tusker metals in temecula for 540 dollars which was 40ft 1.5 095 and 60ft 1.5 065. Built rite your car will last. I have built about 37 class 11 cars over the years and a lot of them are still running today. Do it right, dont cut corners and you will enjoy Class 11 good luck
Thanks Harleys Dad,
11 Brothers Motorsports is going to build a cage for me. :)

sporkwerks

Dose anyone know if the Ron Lummus drag racing cage would be a good start for a class 11 cage?

View attachment 209787

1 5/8” x .134 Wall MIG Welded Mild Steel Tubing

or is that too heavy?
Oh yeah, if anyone is interested I did call Ron Lummus and he said that quite a few guys have used this cage for class 11. It is a bit heaver. They make it in 4130 also.
You could always use smaller tubes for the rest of the chassis, just use this as the main cage.

sporkwerks

oh, and I plan to race Vorra at first. Fight at Fort Sage in on my home turf.