Class 11 showdown at 2021 KOH

E.Hagle

Reaction
I don’t drive class 11 but it’s a shame to see how few of you guys have signed up for Dave’s event. He’s putting $20k up for grabs and giving you all the glitz and glamour with lights and worldwide internet broadcast. And there’s only 4 people signed up. If you aren’t willing to support the guy who is trying to make off-road racing better the entire sport will never change.

MTPyle

Reaction
Yeah I am blown away at the lack of entries for Class 11. I wish I had the time to build one, I would love to race this race. Its going to be so dang cool. Could not be a bigger Class 11 race on the planet. The Super Bowl of Class 11.

Mike

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
want to race, but border restrictions took us out this year from this one and the mint :(

good luck to everyone racing there

Attachments

• IMG_E6394.jpg
    IMG_E6394.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 67

E.Hagle

Reaction
There will be more cars guys. Seems us 11 guys like to enter last minute
I think everyone that’s going to be there for the first weekend has been really excited to watch this race go down. When I first heard about it I had an immediate assumption that 20-30 cars would show up for that sort of prize money and glory.

JWHracing

Reaction
12 drivers so far on the Ultra 4 site. Gotta remember that even though they are race cars, they're still vw's and can be temperamental. (obviously both are, now its x2) I very rarely used to sign up before a race cause you never know what can happen a before you even attempt to get there.

dirtslinger

Reaction
We are out, it's $1750 for the entry all in, for that entry, I would rather pound out some real desert miles vs. a 2 mile course. That's just my reason for not racing.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Thats your choice but your math is wrong

1000 entry
150 USAC insurance
70 for 2 pit guys with insurance
50 transponder timing

1270 total to race for driver, codriver, and 2 people with full access.

I get thats alot of money, it will cost me me 40k to put the race on including 20k to a purse, 10k for coverage, 10k for ops, medical and insurance. With ~12 racers and sponsorship, Im going to spend 20k just to have you race.

My point, if its too much, no problem....but at least be real about the costs and dont make it seem like you are getting the short end of the stick.

Sincerest regards

Dave

E.Hagle

Reaction
25 laps and the most ideal conditions ever for class 11 with a $20k purse. What’s total mileage Dave? With the short course and the 2.5 mile desert loop it has to be close to 100 miles

dirtslinger

Reaction
You mean JohnnyWeb's freinds' wives....???? :p:D:D😜

1000 entry
150 USAC insurance
50 transponder timing

I get thats alot of money, it will cost me me 40k to put the race on including 20k to a purse, 10k for coverage, 10k for ops, medical and insurance. With ~12 racers and sponsorship, Im going to spend 20k just to have you race.

My point, if its too much, no problem....but at least be real about the costs and dont make it seem like you are getting the short end of the stick.

Sincerest regards

Dave

Dave, I didn't even try to sign up since it's just not my favorite type of race, like I said, I'd prefer a long race.

As far as costs, I have no doubt that you are spending a fortune on this, and it is much appreciated. That being said, I did over quote what a fellow racer posted what it cost him to enter, I was off $100. I don't think the costs overboard at all, and I don't think I said anything about getting a short end of a stick.

If this was a long desert race, I'd be all over it, and I'm sure I'll regret not racing it.

paranoid56

Reaction
i would race, but only have a 51600 car lol, that purse size is super high. I know the others i know have their cars built for mexico so wont work here.

RichieWorx

Reaction
This is all that's pre-entered as of today?? I know of a few more coming so it shouldn't be a bad turn out.
Ventura Brothers?
Cisco Bio?
Ryan Rodriguez?
Josh Felix?
Alex Gonzales?

Attachments

• IMG_0288 - Copy.PNG
    IMG_0288 - Copy.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0289 - Copy.PNG
    IMG_0289 - Copy.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0290 - Copy.PNG
    IMG_0290 - Copy.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0291 - Copy.PNG
    IMG_0291 - Copy.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0292 - Copy.PNG
    IMG_0292 - Copy.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0293.PNG
    IMG_0293.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 63

DirtDgr

Reaction

1000 entry
150 USAC insurance
50 transponder timing

Sincerest regards

Dave
Dave I was charged $1400 for entry. You can see the price in the pic. $150 USAC license. Plus codriver USAC license $85. Plus covid tests for driver and codriver $70. Plus transponder $50.
$1755 is what I have in it so far.
I am not complaining. This is what I paid for my entry in the class 11 race.

Attachments

• 1E929E24-D0E4-4E9F-A9C9-F4770430158D.jpeg
    1E929E24-D0E4-4E9F-A9C9-F4770430158D.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: