Class 11 showdown at 2021 KOH

dirtslinger

Reaction
Thats your choice but your math is wrong

1000 entry
150 USAC insurance
70 for 2 pit guys with insurance
50 transponder timing

1270 total to race for driver, codriver, and 2 people with full access.

I get thats alot of money, it will cost me me 40k to put the race on including 20k to a purse, 10k for coverage, 10k for ops, medical and insurance. With ~12 racers and sponsorship, Im going to spend 20k just to have you race.

My point, if its too much, no problem....but at least be real about the costs and dont make it seem like you are getting the short end of the stick.

Sincerest regards

Dave

Dave I was charged $1400 for entry. You can see the price in the pic. $150 USAC license. Plus codriver USAC license $85. Plus covid tests for driver and codriver $70. Plus transponder $50.
$1755 is what I have in it so far.
I am not complaining. This is what I paid for my entry in the class 11 race.

Thanks for posting Dave, it was actually your entry fee that I was quoting when I mentioned costs. Ryan just posted on the FB that his was similar to yours.

Kyle D

Reaction
I’m building a class 11 but it’s not quite done and I don’t think I can speed it up enough to race that one. This race was the goal but the build changed directions so we are behind where we need to be now.

51rcr

Reaction
I think class 11 is a cheap class and the guys are not willing to buck up, wasted time and effort on Dave's part I would rather see class 10 or 1-2 1600 race than a bunch of cars doing 10 mph around the track you guys were all talk till it was time to put the money on the table.
1600s would go for it for sure. there driving styles are fun to see.

breadkrum

Reaction
Class 11 entry list is weak!! Reminds me of the entry list last year for the TT Trucks. We never get to see good racing in so cal anymore... to many people jerking themself off in the sxs. Scene

JDDurfey

Reaction
I think class 11 is a cheap class and the guys are not willing to buck up, wasted time and effort on Dave's part I would rather see class 10 or 1-2 1600 race than a bunch of cars doing 10 mph around the track you guys were all talk till it was time to put the money on the table.
I feel the same about the T1s. For a long time they have wanted their own dedicated race. And for two years now they have had one and the turnout in my opinion has been weak.

Jesse James really didn't have a chance in the world of winning, yet he brought his truck out the first year and finished the race. Are some of these guys not coming because they know they don't have much of a shot at winning? If that is true it is a stupid reason, because those same guys probably don't have a shot at winning V2R but they race that.

My opinion doesn't matter, I am a nobody...just my thoughts.

fastfelix

Reaction
Who was really vocal about the rules being Snore, not Score. Are they even signed up to race?
Yea that situation sucked. Was trying to share the idea with Dave after talking to a lot of racers about allowing score cars also as long as they were full bodied cars and had stock drivetrain (stock gearing) Some people got involved who aren’t racing and had there way

MTPyle

Reaction
My theory is most of these TT guys are afraid of being on the big screen and everyone seeing how slow they are. Its way cooler to say you own a Trophy Truck to all your friends then get shown up on the course. Actually racing where everyone can see how slow you are is not building those egos. I don't know the percentage of truck owners that are like this but I bet its a majority. They only want to race races that a finish is good enough. KOH isn't about finishing, its the big show race where we get to see who is fast and who is a poser hobbyist.

It takes a certain type of personality to have the balls to buy and race a TT. But that same personality is often ego driven and insecure.

That being said its hard to show up to a race that you know there are 3-4 other guys that are way faster than you. We do it all the time. LOL. I know the Ultra4 and Class 1 buggies we are racing will win and if they don't there are 3-4 guys in T2 that will be faster than us. But we are committed to do our best and a podium in T2 spec truck would be huge for us. If I had a big ego I may not be as excited about the possibility of us winning.

Mike

fastfelix

Reaction
I feel the same about the T1s. For a long time they have wanted their own dedicated race. And for two years now they have had one and the turnout in my opinion has been weak.

Jesse James really didn't have a chance in the world of winning, yet he brought his truck out the first year and finished the race. Are some of these guys not coming because they know they don't have much of a shot at winning? If that is true it is a stupid reason, because those same guys probably don't have a shot at winning V2R but they race that.

My opinion doesn't matter, I am a nobody...just my thoughts.
I’m bummed I won’t be racing after approaching Dave to put this race on for us. Life happened and i can’t unfortunately. I’m grateful that Dave gave us this opportunity. Maybe it works out for next year maybe it don’t but at least we were given the opportunity.

MTPyle

Reaction
Back when we were trying to find a Class 11 to buy it was nuts. Everyone wanted top dollar because of this race. Instantly about 5 bugs sold and I thought they all were coming to this race.

There are none for sale now that are decent. Just not sure where all of them went.

Mike

fastfelix

Reaction
I hope your not one of the truck guys who never wanna move out of the way when us slow 11 guys are trying to pass you

ekozy39

Reaction
My theory is most of these TT guys are afraid of being on the big screen and everyone seeing how slow they are. Its way cooler to say you own a Trophy Truck to all your friends then get shown up on the course. Actually racing where everyone can see how slow you are is not building those egos. I don't know the percentage of truck owners that are like this but I bet its a majority. They only want to race races that a finish is good enough. KOH isn't about finishing, its the big show race where we get to see who is fast and who is a poser hobbyist.

It takes a certain type of personality to have the balls to buy and race a TT. But that same personality is often ego driven and insecure.

That being said its hard to show up to a race that you know there are 3-4 other guys that are way faster than you. We do it all the time. LOL. I know the Ultra4 and Class 1 buggies we are racing will win and if they don't there are 3-4 guys in T2 that will be faster than us. But we are committed to do our best and a podium in T2 spec truck would be huge for us. If I had a big ego I may not be as excited about the possibility of us winning.

Mike
I don’t think that’s the reason at all. There are many guys capable of winning that you won’t see on the start list. It’s been discussed on previous threads, I just don’t think winning a KOH TT race means enough to bring out big counts. As far as US races go, I would argue Mint 400 has just as big a screen or bigger as far as a desert race goes and they will draw more TTs. Don’t think anyone is scared, just some series and events click with certain classes and some don’t.

MTPyle

Reaction
Ekozy

You may be right. Just don't see why more don't show up to this race. This race is everything any racer wants. Big exposure, tough course, big payout, great event, etc..

Its hard to understand why there is not 30 trucks signed up.

The only thing that makes this race tough is no Hotels close. So you have to have your team in RV's. I think that may be the biggest issue. I had to go out and buy another RV for our team for this race as the rental market is a mess.

Maybe Dave needs to rent mobile housing. Would be cool to get a double wide brought out to the lake bed. Haha

Mike

fastfelix

Reaction
Back when we were trying to find a Class 11 to buy it was nuts. Everyone wanted top dollar because of this race. Instantly about 5 bugs sold and I thought they all were coming to this race.

There are none for sale now that are decent. Just not sure where all of them went.

Mike
Radus cars for sale on racedezert. Doesn’t look the prettiest but is a decent car. Maybe through in a fresh motor and your set