Class 11 showdown at 2021 KOH

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Mike- That is the kind of thing I was hoping for. Many years back, when Riverside rolled around, many big name drivers would troll their friends looking for other class rides to rent so they could go for that 'Multi-Class Winner' for the weekend. Some teams had multiple cars just for the occasion, buanother time of the year.t others, like the Arcieros, would rent 9 cars, 5 cars, etc... to race along with their own 1,10, 7, etc... vehicles. A lot of times that would allow someone who couldn't afford to race the money to race another class at Riverside or another race during the year. I am also curious, Dave, doesn't this race (the 11 race) have a title sponsor? If not why not? A title sponsor for this particular race is gonna get some great exposure. Seems a title sponsor would want more cars in the race! If a title sponsor through some cash towards entry fees to help teams show up, it would help. These are little guys.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
"I'd be willing to bet the 10 guys registered lose their marbles on not racing for 20k and only 3 more people sign up with NO entry fee."

I get that Dave, and I don't fault you for it. There were others trying to shoot your tires out the minute you started trying to put it together. They always whine about everyone else and pretty much refuse to race any race unless it's by their rules only and then they still whatever they can to make everything to their advantage, including keeping car counts down as low as possible and entering at the very last second to try and take advantage of guaranteed purses. They will bad mouth the promoter, say everyone cheats, etc... Make half the people not want to race then show up and run for the purse. Part of their 'strategy'.

The problem now is that many guys who would run this race saw the entry fee and realized it wasn't going to happen, and put the idea back on the shelf. Even if some folks offered to help them out, time is an issue now. Remember those budgets we talked about? Buying parts and prep takes part of that budget. Hopefully, some teams find some help, It would be great to have a great race where they get to be the stars. The bummer for me is I am stuck at home with actual CoVid and won't be going anywhere for a while.

Steve0

Reaction
We had a sponsor back out on us but, come hell or high water, Lucas and I are gonna give you peeps a run for your money. Anybody got 800 bucks laying around?
I'll throw in $100

Anyone else?

DirtDgr

Reaction
On it first thing in the morning. If you dont hear from me by noon, call my cell. 9092730216

Will sort it
Dave like I said I am not complaining at all. Just stating what I paid. You got enough on your plate. Consider it a little donation to help pay expenses for putting this Class 11 race on. Thank you so much for inviting us to your event!

alanzona

Reaction
Hey guys I know of 1 more 11 car coming and another guy texted me to (reinforce my rear bumper.) Either he was flirting with me or he’s coming to race! I hoping it’s the later of the 2. Haha

I expect a few more entires as well. I discovered a couples drivers signed up for the Holley EFi Shootout instead of the Class 11 race, so I'll be making adjustments.

That being said, sign up! It's going to be awesome! I know the crowd and the live show are stoked. There will be a LOT of attention on this race.

EL ROMAN

Reaction
woah. I was kidding. lemme see if lucas found a sponsor yet?
To see you and Lucas in a 11 car on TV, I'll throw $200 in. See what you did, you're now more than halfway there. If you win, just double my pay in. I'll get stickers of my face printed so you can slap it on the hood. You call it a sponsorship, I call it gambling or more like insider trading. 😆 Sorta kidding, sorta not. $200 is yours to see you in a class 11. I'm kidding about the stickers of my face, it won't improve aerodynamics.

TMorford

Reaction
To see you and Lucas in a 11 car on TV, I'll throw $200 in. See what you did, you're now more than halfway there. If you win, just double my pay in. I'll get stickers of my face printed so you can slap it on the hood. You call it a sponsorship, I call it gambling or more like insider trading. 😆 Sorta kidding, sorta not. $200 is yours to see you in a class 11. I'm kidding about the stickers of my face, it won't improve aerodynamics.

Ill toss in another 200$. Im just hoping someone has a GoPro with the intercom looped in...

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Ill toss in another 200$. Im just hoping someone has a GoPro with the intercom looped in...
I'll throw in $100

Anyone else?
I have $200.

I really really appreciate this support guys but as of last night Lucas and I have to take our hats out of the ring for KOH. Official.

Also, I wasn't really gonna take any of your money anyway. I don't wanna be the go fund me of off road racing.

Had something go bad on the car and time constraints make KOH now impossible.

The good news is that since were not gonna be racing the rest of you slow pokes actually have a chance of winning. (Wink)

I'm pretty bummed about this but this doesn't mean we wont be teaming up at some point down the road though. Rage maybe?

Last edited:

Steve0

Reaction
I really really appreciate this support guys but as of last night Lucas and I have to take our hats out of the ring for KOH. Official.

Also, I wasn't really gonna take any of your money anyway. I don't wanna be the go fund me of off road racing.

Had something go bad on the car and time constraints make KOH now impossible.

The good news is that since were not gonna be racing the rest of you slow pokes actually have a chance of winning. (Wink)

I'm pretty bummed about this but this doesn't mean we wont be teaming up at some point down the road though. Rage maybe?
No worries Dan. See you on the lake bed.