Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
I'm soo sorry. I didn't know we can't fix our own engines in Class-12 anymore or need your permission to do so.

I'll be sure to get on the phone and call Greg to change my oil and plugs, overhaul my carb, and set my timing and jetting too...all from Anaheim. He'll get right on it, I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

If I was Greg...Once you opened up the long block I would want my name taken off it.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
If I was Greg...Once you opened up the long block I would want my name taken off it.
The truth is, the bottom end hasn't been opened up since he built it, though I wasn't asking anyone's opinion or permission.

Last edited:

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I think I still lead points, but SNORE hasn't posted them yet, so who knows for sure? Also, the points are close between Rick, Vic and I. It's anyone's season to lose.

RYAN COHEE

RDC Crypto
I think I still lead points, but SNORE hasn't posted them yet, so who knows for sure? Also, the points are close between Rick, Vic and I. It's anyone's season to lose.

I'm pretty excited to see a huge turn out and have some cars to race..Should be epic racing both days!!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I know Zak Reisch is looking for Mickey-Ts too. I wasn't planning on putting in an order right away. I can ask MT if they can put an order together for delivery to Vegas at the next Speedway event if there is enough intrest?

Cooper_Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Hey guys, took my car out for the first time today. Car handled well, felt good and overall am very happy with it. Had an issue with it popping out of 3rd gear. Possibilities of what it could be? Just had it rebuilt and had no issues prior to that. Any help??

M.Harvey1600

RDC Crypto
Hey guys, took my car out for the first time today. Car handled well, felt good and overall am very happy with it. Had an issue with it popping out of 3rd gear. Possibilities of what it could be? Just had it rebuilt and had no issues prior to that. Any help??

Most likely a shifter adjustment.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com

Could be a syncro issue or gears were not assembled/adjusted properly in the jig, if newly overhauled. I had a bad overhaul once by someone who is a well known transmission guy and who I won't mention, but the transmission had to be pulled twice to figure out the problem. I was VERY frustrated over the whole affair and though he eventually fixed it, I vowed to take my transmission work elsewhere after that experience. I hope it's as simple as a shift linkage issue...loose or damaged trans mount; damaged shifter mount; shift rod to trans coupling wear/damage; stock-style shifter adjustment? Goodluck.

Rick 1634

RDC Crypto
Agree with Frosty and Mr. Harvey, most likely culprit is the shift rod is a hare long and needs an adjustment. Double check the nose cone mounts for tightness, any movement could cause that problem as well. Cross your fingers it's an easy fix rather than an internal trans problem.

ErikIrvine

RDC Crypto
Website
www.finishlineweld.com
Finally sending my transmission in this month for a rebuild...my buddies telling me don't waste my time putting it back in the car, need to upgrade out of 091. What transmission would everyone recommend, <2,000 lb single seat with Jimenez plenum 1776. Want to buy the right one the first time, probably can't afford sequential, any leads on one would be great too.

ErikIrvine

RDC Crypto
Website
www.finishlineweld.com
Haha Rick I know! Moved back to CA, sold the AZ and started a business, finally got some free time and money

GBRACER

RDC Crypto
I got a question guys. I'm a "air cooled" guy and some of my good and reliable buddies were down there this year at the start finish. A few are of latin decent if you will and during their kicking up dust around more than 1 "air cooled car with great finishes he asked what engine size is your compa running? He was told......."What engine size??? laugh...laugh...laugh"Any size you want as long as it looks legal, SCORE doesn't check for nothing my friend!" He climbed on the side of the finishing car and left.....What do you think? Do they check at the finish line?

We came across the line 2nd in 5 1600 this year and went straight to tech inspection they checked the width fromt and back the wheel base and then made me take out the plugs and one rocker shaft, and the air cleaner tube to the carb, they checked the displacement with some device and looked down the carb, we passed as we run a FAT motor and do not cheat
We have run the 1000 7 times and finished all 7 times podiumed several times and this is the first time we have been checked maybe under Roger things will be tighter - a good thing IMO
We then lost 2nd due to time penaltys for speeding . by 7 min that sucked