• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

RaptorLou

Yep Ryan is spot on, lots of differences in motor combos. I try to stay around 12.0 - 12.8, 12.5 is our sweet spot. When in Baja you need to also take in your altitude minimum and max, you know it will run fatter high up, so find a mean average and what altitude your high speed runs are.
I am currently running a 185 main, .90 idle, F11, and 185 a/c at 3000 feet
So as you see the jets can be a wide difference....

CZLou

Bob Giese built both my motors 2110 and a 2276. The 2110 was built and Dyno in Hesperia as a back up motor for NORRA 1000. Also to use for Class 12 races after the 1000. I have never run the motor. My 2276 was refreshed and Dyno'd in his old shop, down the hill. I am happy with his work. The 2276 ran great in Mex. on Mex. gas. Both motors are 9 to 1 comp. As Ryan and Lou have said, different motor combos mean different jetting combos. I gave you my 2110 jetting specs to get you in the ball park and you also said you had access to an Innovate. That would set you right up with a little testing. I like to run my motors a little rich. As Lou said, 12.5 is the sweet spot. On a side note, Lantana, I don't know if you know, we were the Team that went over the cliff on the 3rd day. I broke my neck and my nav. broke his ankle. We left the frame of the RACECO on the side of the mountain and about a third of the parts in Mexico. That is a story in itself. So my days of racing are over. I had hoped to come out and to play with the Class12 Guys on the board. That was my plan. Oh well, on to plan B. I will be at the 2017 NORRA 1000. Crewing for Bill's racing #203. See you in Mex. I really had hoped to come out and race with you guys on the board. Team 161

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
...wait, what's "on the board"?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

CZLou

Frostbite, " on the board" As on RDC Class12 thread. Frostbite, last year at RATR we meet. I was the guy who walk up to your car and found the loose ALT. strap as we were talking. I know, a long time ago. I also was talking to a few other racers that day about my RACECO and racing with the clubs. Oh well, on to plan B.

offroadracer516

Bob Giese built both my motors 2110 and a 2276. The 2110 was built and Dyno in Hesperia as a back up motor for NORRA 1000. Also to use for Class 12 races after the 1000. I have never run the motor. My 2276 was refreshed and Dyno'd in his old shop, down the hill. I am happy with his work. The 2276 ran great in Mex. on Mex. gas. Both motors are 9 to 1 comp. As Ryan and Lou have said, different motor combos mean different jetting combos. I gave you my 2110 jetting specs to get you in the ball park and you also said you had access to an Innovate. That would set you right up with a little testing. I like to run my motors a little rich. As Lou said, 12.5 is the sweet spot. On a side note, Lantana, I don't know if you know, we were the Team that went over the cliff on the 3rd day. I broke my neck and my nav. broke his ankle. We left the frame of the RACECO on the side of the mountain and about a third of the parts in Mexico. That is a story in itself. So my days of racing are over. I had hoped to come out and to play with the Class12 Guys on the board. That was my plan. Oh well, on to plan B. I will be at the 2017 NORRA 1000. Crewing for Bill's racing #203. See you in Mex. I really had hoped to come out and race with you guys on the board. Team 161
You left the Chasis down there!?? Was he destroyed?

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Frostbite, " on the board" As on RDC Class12 thread. Frostbite, last year at RATR we meet. I was the guy who walk up to your car and found the loose ALT. strap as we were talking. I know, a long time ago. I also was talking to a few other racers that day about my RACECO and racing with the clubs. Oh well, on to plan B.
I remember, Lou. Excellent eye that day, Bud!! You're welcome in our pits anytime! It's always hard to find VW mechanically savvy guys to help out. THANKS AGAIN.

Last year's basin jump...
FB_IMG_1475609865714.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CZLou

Offroadracer,Yes, We left the chassis on the side of the hill. Between a rock and hard spot. about 250 ft. down. The frame was a little bent. My crew made a deal with a local to take apart the car and bring the pieces down to a dirt road for us. Needless to say, we only got about half of the parts. Here are a couple of pic's of the car.
2016042695191221.jpg

Attachments

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
You guys fell down from the very top in that pic??

bajatime

Hey Lou, I told you to be careful when I left you in Constitution. See you at Norra. Sorry to see you lost the car.

CZLou

I know some are wondering "how the hell did you drive off the cliff?" So, we were chasing a car down and we were in his trail of dust. We were about 50 yds back and the dust was pretty heavy. By the time we saw the right turn, it was too late and the rest is history. Just goes to show how fast things can change in our sport and in life. Be careful. We are lucky to be alive and walking. Lou - Team 161

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

IMG_0432.JPG
Wow CZLou that's a heck of a cliff. Glad to see u guys made it out. I know race car parts are expensive but our lives are priceless. Speaking of Bob Giese he's thrashing away on my pump gas 12 motor as we speak. Great friend and always.......always thinking. Here's my new Dailey Engineering oil pump I will be taking to Bob next week. Thought others would like to see it too. It's a wet sump pump.
Now if this isn't a shameless plug for Pat I don't know what is!
P.S. It's good for another 75HP on pump gas!!!lol.

Last edited:

RaptorLou

View attachment 173636 Wow CZLou that's a heck of a cliff. Glad to see u guys made it out. I know race car parts are expensive but our lives are priceless. Speaking of Bob Giese he's thrashing away on my pump gas 12 motor as we speak. Great friend and always.......always thinking. Here's my new Dailey Engineering oil pump I will be taking to Bob next week. Thought others would like to see it too. It's a wet sump pump.
Darren, I think you have under estimated the HP gain, I'd say closer to 90+.....LOL

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight

LantanaTX

View attachment 173636 Wow CZLou that's a heck of a cliff. Glad to see u guys made it out. I know race car parts are expensive but our lives are priceless. Speaking of Bob Giese he's thrashing away on my pump gas 12 motor as we speak. Great friend and always.......always thinking. Here's my new Dailey Engineering oil pump I will be taking to Bob next week. Thought others would like to see it too. It's a wet sump pump.
Nice pump! I could not find that pump on their website. BTW, Giese recently built us a pump gas 2110 (12 motor) that we will run at NORRA in a vintage single seat Chenowth.

CZLou

The gas pump motor ( 2276 ) that Giese built for us for the NORRA Mex.1000 ran with out missing a beat. Really happy with his work. The Gas pump 2110 (12 motor) he built, I was looking forward to running it. O well on to plan B. If anyone needs a 2110 pump gas motor with Dyno time only.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
The gas pump motor ( 2276 ) that Giese built for us for the NORRA Mex.1000 ran with out missing a beat. Really happy with his work. The Gas pump 2110 (12 motor) he built, I was looking forward to running it. O well on to plan B. If anyone needs a 2110 pump gas motor with Dyno time only.
How much are you asking? I've needed a backup motor for a while.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

IMG_0292.PNG
Nice pump! I could not find that pump on their website. BTW, Giese recently built us a pump gas 2110 (12 motor) that we will run at NORRA in a vintage single seat Chenowth.
You have to call Pat Dailey and ask for him directly. He can give you any info you need about it.