• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

Katfab

RATR entries so far as of 11/21/16

Class 12 - 13

1201 Matt Ferrato

1212 Trey Hernquist

1221 Ken Arlo Thatcher

1230 Bob Dziurawiec

1247 Doug Christensen

1292 Beans Davidson

DEPOSIT NOT RECEIVED

1202 Jessica Freeman

1203 John Ingold

1208 Brady Wisdom

1215 Michael Benedict

1233 Lou Farrar

1268 Daniel Folts

1295 Colton Gubler

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
View attachment 175415 Well Baja 1000 is this weekend and welcome to building a new car blues.......It's coming along but it's not done....Just not as soon as I wished. I'm not holding my breath but am hoping for Rage. I'm hoping I don't have to bring this race setup, if I do need this ride keep an eye out for me at Rage!
Here's my race setup if my car isn't done.....

Specs;
Pine arm rests
Powder coated brown chassis (very light weight)
Suspension nylon woven mesh race seat.
Come help us pit, etc...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Zac Reish

Trey hows the 5 car coming along. Theres already a few retro 5 cars coming. Gherity has a real awesome 5 car with a fat type 4 and double coilers in front with smith built shocks in the rear.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

IMG_0610.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG
Well it wasn't Baja but had a pretty cool last few days getting my buddy's car ready and hooking up at he Super Street Nationals in Vegas!

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Benny we gonna desert runners team um??? save me parking spot....
Sure, Lou. How much space you need??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RaptorLou

Enough for my rig and couple of pit guys.... Or the cars themselves We will be staying in hotel so no motorhome space needed. How is all on our team? Darren I hope will be there for us.....

CZLou

If anyone needs a hand in the pits at RATR. I am available to help out. I'll do it all on my dime. I mite be out of the driver seat but not out of the pit's. lol. PM me if i can help. Lou

CZLou

It all depends what brand. I Don't do Coor's light or Bud light. If it's a Negra Modelo and a full one. We might be able to work something out.... LOL

Last edited:

Rich Roberts

Ok time for the race report: The first part as you may well know is that we won the Baja 1000! #BUCKETLIST
Day late leaving from the EPS failure and having to switch back 3 days before we left. You all know about building a new car and not having enough time and also me being out of the game for 7 years didn't help and this was true in our case. GPS, radio not working but thanks to PCI and their great support at the race we had that taken care of. Car seemed to run well in our 40+ miles of testing but on the start (because we didn't have time) jetting was too rich and my first driver Kirk Kontillis had a lot of trouble making it up the hills and got stuck 4 times. Second driver and my ex partner Rob Martensen kep it on the pipe and reeled in the cars in front of us and was first on the road at my driver change at 505. I jumped in and drove to the finish (all the while thinking we were in 3rd place). 16 miles from the finish I came in too hot on a down hill left hander and put it off the road up against a bunch of bushes and super stuck! After 1 hour 10 minutes of jacking and digging, breaking off trees etc. along comes #1022 and pulls us out. When I crossed the finish my team asked me how does it feel to win the Baja 1000! This was my 6th attempt at the 1000 with my 1st in 1984 on a Honda CR450 three wheeler, DNF, 1989 in a 5 1600 with a 3rd place finish, 04 in a 12 car 6th, 05 in a 12 DNF, 06 in a 12 car 5th place. I don't always look on here so you can email to rich@actionautoracingllc.com with any questions about the car or? Thanks for keeping this thread alive! Sponsors: Callan Oil, Action Auto Racing Gearboxes, Foddrill Fab & Foddrill Motorsports, Martensen Motorsports, ProAm, BFG, BD Lighting, Fat Performance,

M.Tornel Jr

Ok time for the race report: The first part as you may well know is that we won the Baja 1000! #BUCKETLIST
Day late leaving from the EPS failure and having to switch back 3 days before we left. You all know about building a new car and not having enough time and also me being out of the game for 7 years didn't help and this was true in our case. GPS, radio not working but thanks to PCI and their great support at the race we had that taken care of. Car seemed to run well in our 40+ miles of testing but on the start (because we didn't have time) jetting was too rich and my first driver Kirk Kontillis had a lot of trouble making it up the hills and got stuck 4 times. Second driver and my ex partner Rob Martensen kep it on the pipe and reeled in the cars in front of us and was first on the road at my driver change at 505. I jumped in and drove to the finish (all the while thinking we were in 3rd place). 16 miles from the finish I came in too hot on a down hill left hander and put it off the road up against a bunch of bushes and super stuck! After 1 hour 10 minutes of jacking and digging, breaking off trees etc. along comes #1022 and pulls us out. When I crossed the finish my team asked me how does it feel to win the Baja 1000! This was my 6th attempt at the 1000 with my 1st in 1984 on a Honda CR450 three wheeler, DNF, 1989 in a 5 1600 with a 3rd place finish, 04 in a 12 car 6th, 05 in a 12 DNF, 06 in a 12 car 5th place. I don't always look on here so you can email to rich@actionautoracingllc.com with any questions about the car or? Thanks for keeping this thread alive! Sponsors: Callan Oil, Action Auto Racing Gearboxes, Foddrill Fab & Foddrill Motorsports, Martensen Motorsports, ProAm, BFG, BD Lighting, Fat Performance,
Ru racing the series next year? If we can get the 12 cars that signed up for the 1000 wed have a really good battle all year. Super bummed I couldnt race, I think that if I wouldve finished I would have won the championshpbbut im not sure. Anyway, congrats on the win! Hope we can keep the class growing!

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Fourstroker

Congrats on the win Rich. Was cool tracking you after following your build

Sundtshine

Thats a well earned big deal! Congrats to you and your team!