• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

bajafox

Accepted
It was super cool seeing so many 12 cars at tech. Ive been reading this thread almost from the start. Seemed to me like the class is alive in well in Baja. You want to race more 12 cars? Go to Baja.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Too bad Darren. Saw the car go by our double pit in San Matias. Heard about all the 12 cars dug in at mile 37. Too bad only 21 cars in class were entered. Imagine how many there would have been if they had an ecotec.
? Ok Bro Gill not sure if ur clowning around here. Please do not feel bad for me. I got to have nearly a week in Baja with my Dad, some of my best friends and eat fish tacos with others like the Wilsons to Rob Mac. Even met a few guys from here. We also did our homework prerunning and realizing rm 37 would be a mess we used a “ legal alternative route” to get around the mess. I will sit down and write a little race report if others want something to read in a couple days. Let me know.
To me 21 cars is a substantial car count improvement in class 12. In no way would I want to imagine the car count “if they had a ecotec because I would not have went down to race 12, I would be in class 10 with a guaranteed car count. The first 100 miles looked like the Leduc swap meet with all the carnage and prerunning was key to getting through it all Who doesn’t want to finish and win? But II was still able to race 407 tough A$$ miles.
So I guess I’m saying thanks....but no thanks....No need to feel “ Too bad Darren” sure we all want to finish but I had one of the best weeks of my life. From pre running and racing with friends and all the racing community and besides my son, my hero. My Dad right there with me.
So no need to feel sorry.....I actually feel like im 1 of the luckiest men on earth to be able to have this opportunity to have a Baja 500 race week.

Last edited:

Rich Roberts

Our Baja 500 adventure was a pretty successful! Kirk and Rob drove one hell of a race putting the car in 1st with a 4 plus mile lead. I got in at RM370 and out toward the beach on a tight right hander with deep silt that looked like a parking lot and got stuck for the first of several times loosing the lead but still managing a 3rd podium finish. This is the roughest Baja that I have raced to date!

Last edited:

Rich Roberts

Just walked in my front door. Beat. Give u a quick update. 1st I missed the start time. Got to love the federally police in Mexico. Going to the start line in race car and the police pulled me and I’m not sure how many others over and blocked our cars for over 1/2 an hour. Made massive calls and I think it was a score official got us rolling. I started over 1/2 hour late behind ALL the RZR type karts! Can’t tell u how many! Luckily SCORE was talking with me at start line and it’s a timed race. My time starts when I leave the line.
At mile 270 when I got out I was physically in 8th place in class 12 out of 21 cars. My hats off to the top teams I take nothing away from them. But my still kinda new program is greatly getting better I feel every race. Especially since I started over 1/2 an hour behind any 12 car. I drove pissed off on a mission and heck it was my best run for me yet. My car is working better and getting faster every time. Dig this class!View attachment 192188Got some new shoess from Raceline, can’t thank these guys enough. Do you like them? 2 lbs lighter than my method wheels. Not much, what 10lbs counting the spare? Eating breakfast just before going testing pic.
Tired guys, at 410 clogged fuel filters got us from around 175 replace them 3 times then ate fuel pump and second pump was growling. Had to call it.
Night, class 12 was in no way a dying class at the BAJA 500.believe me.
I looked for you at the start and wondered what happened to you. What kind of fuel pump do you run?

RaptorLou

Rich you looked strong all day, was wondering what happened along the beach as the other 2 over took ya. Looks like pile ups prevailed through the mountains... Good run Darren, let me know if you need help chasing the fuel issue...
Lou

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Rich you looked strong all day, was wondering what happened along the beach as the other 2 over took ya. Looks like pile ups prevailed through the mountains... Good run Darren, let me know if you need help chasing the fuel issue...
Lou
I do need help. Thank you I will PM you my bank account a direct deposit is best but I will take cash. Lol! Really thanks Lou. I just spoke with Folts he had same exact issues. Unfortunately I did the same thing he did. Re used a bit of San Felipe fuel and it just gums everything up. It was only 7 weeks ago. From now on fresh fuel and I’m still gonna make some fuel delivery improvements.
Shoulda woulda coulda I’m sure someone will have a key board comment never use old fuel. Thanks for the knowledge. It was dated ok and I called Brian Busby to see if it was ok before hand. He’s the fuel man. So I figured it was cool. Actually not 100 % yet until I take it apart piece by piece.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Our Baja 500 adventure was a pretty successful! Kirk and Rob drove one hell of a race putting the car in 1st with a 4 plus mile lead. I got in at RM370 and out toward the beach on a tight right hander with deep silt that looked like a parking lot and got stuck for the first of several times loosing the lead but still managing a 3rd podium finish. This is the roughest Baja that I have raced to date!
Killer run Roberts. My hat comes off to you and your team. Great run. I am still working on building my team and program. Not easy to get good reliable team that respects not only your racecar but your chase truck which is my personal truck, tools, money even, flashlights and everything else. Then you hope they can help financially to get to the he starting line since you just killed the overtime at work since u just came from a SanFelipe Race 7 weeks prior. For my situation with fuel issues I am still very happy how the car runs now at this race compared to 7 months ago.so much better. Hopefully at some point I’m up there battling with you guys soon.

CZLou

Hey Darren, I was looking for you Friday mourning at tec. Didn't see you, so thought you didn't make it down. We were at marker 380/shipwrecks. Sorry to miss ya.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Hey Darren, I was looking for you Friday mourning at tec. Didn't see you, so thought you didn't make it down. We were at marker 380/shipwrecks. Sorry to miss ya.
No worries we need to sit down soon and catch up for sure. I’ve unfortunately been in the last minute crew lately. Had a codriver pull out last minute due to family issues, didn’t like the feel of left front spindle, took it off found a local shop, I will get the name and post them, opening his doors to us at night pressing in new needle bearings for us. Reassemble, sleep 2- hours, go prerunning then shower, haul ass later to contingency. All in a 24 hour cycle....whew.

Rich Roberts

Killer run Roberts. My hat comes off to you and your team. Great run. I am still working on building my team and program. Not easy to get good reliable team that respects not only your racecar but your chase truck which is my personal truck, tools, money even, flashlights and everything else. Then you hope they can help financially to get to the he starting line since you just killed the overtime at work since u just came from a SanFelipe Race 7 weeks prior. For my situation with fuel issues I am still very happy how the car runs now at this race compared to 7 months ago.so much better. Hopefully at some point I’m up there battling with you guys soon.
Was it the new fuel cell blues putting foam in your filter? Or just bad fuel?

Andy4

Great class 12 race down there. Definitely kept me busy.

Here is a pic of the winning car driven by Tavo Pinuelas & Sergio Selgado. They were running a Major Performance plenum engine.

Really happy to get a SCORE win at such a prestigious event.

Congrats to all involved. Wish I would’ve been able to drive in that one.

e738b80b-f206-4577-b4cc-3f3b1a508b77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Bro_Gill

Darren, no problems. Next time I will flip you off when you go by! (JK) Always happy to see some new ideas in 12 and you are proving them. Just want to see you have a great finish to top it off. I sure hope the magic bullet you're looking for wasn't those BFGs I bought from you.

RaptorLou

I do need help. Thank you I will PM you my bank account a direct deposit is best but I will take cash. Lol! Really thanks Lou. I just spoke with Folts he had same exact issues. Unfortunately I did the same thing he did. Re used a bit of San Felipe fuel and it just gums everything up. It was only 7 weeks ago. From now on fresh fuel and I’m still gonna make some fuel delivery improvements.
Shoulda woulda coulda I’m sure someone will have a key board comment never use old fuel. Thanks for the knowledge. It was dated ok and I called Brian Busby to see if it was ok before hand. He’s the fuel man. So I figured it was cool. Actually not 100 % yet until I take it apart piece by piece.
Okay Darren just hacked your account, so you have nothing to worry about... LOL

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Darren, no problems. Next time I will flip you off when you go by! (JK) Always happy to see some new ideas in 12 and you are proving them. Just want to see you have a great finish to top it off. I sure hope the magic bullet you're looking for wasn't those BFGs I bought from you.
Man your honesty confusing me. U went from to bad only 21cars in class 12,I think it’s a great turn out. Then imagine if it had an ecotec. Now it’s next time you will flip me off when I go by, a magic bullet wasn’t some Bfg tires I sold u?
I’m honestly lost bud.
Had fun in Mexico worked my ass off Baja won this one.

Bro_Gill

The 'too bad only 21 cars showed up' was for others on here who are trying to get the rules changed to the ecowrecks because the class is 'dead' according to them. It was a great turnout in class 12. Guess the sarcasm button wasn't working correctly. The 'I will flip you off next time...' comment was so that you would have something to complain about about if your car doesn't finish the next race you do.

Bro_Gill

We were in San Matias doing a double pit. Was waiting to see an epic race, but then found out about the stuckfest at mile 37 that snagged a bunch of the 12 cars. Only will be better at the 1000!

Rich Roberts

We were in San Matias doing a double pit. Was waiting to see an epic race, but then found out about the stuckfest at mile 37 that snagged a bunch of the 12 cars. Only will be better at the 1000!
Happens every year! One person manages to get through. I always hope its us but no such luck lol!