Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
Ryan I do have. 48 idf maybe if I hit the dyno again I will try it? What do u think?
I,M calling 15 hp if your heads are ported correct. Bottom line is the engine changes will only help at Bap and rage at the river type races. I'll take my big shocks over a bigger CC car any day in a real desert race. See you guys in Barstow looking forward to racing there and meeting up.

LantanaTX

Reaction
While I don’t race class 12 I am a big fan. I race vintage and class 12 is the closest modern class to my car. My first engine was a 2110 low compression engine built for class 12. I would love to see class 12 start in front of 1/2 1600 in SCORE and think my current Engine would be great in class 12. It is a 2332 9:1 single IDF44. It makes 170lbs of torque, gets 10mpg, and I hit 101mph at NORRA with ease. Since this was a new Engine combination we tore it down after 1400 NORRA miles and the engine was perfect. We have since won the 500 and intend to race Laughlin and another NORRA race before freshening it. My engine was built by a drag racer and off road racer named Phillip Drew in Ohio with parts from CB Performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Harvey

Reaction
So after talking to the Score race director about the 12 class motors, he said there will be no changes in the near future. I imagine having 20 class 12 cars show up at the 500 shows that the current rules are working. I'm having a 2017cc low comp built for my car. Hopefully it will be ready for the Snore 250.

Baja Tejas

Reaction
Pump Gas. We mix 25% to 30% Sunoco 110 with premium Pemex. Does it help? I don't know. George, "Jorge", Jimenez converted the engine from a high compression Fat motor to pump gas for the 2016 Baja 1000 and we have been very pleased with the reliability.

Baja Tejas

Reaction
Without question, in my opinion, the high compression engine will blow our doors on a short race. On a long race like the 1000, I believe it starts to even out but I have no proof of that since we haven't podiumed since going to a 12 car.

LantanaTX

Reaction
Pump Gas. We mix 25% to 30% Sunoco 110 with premium Pemex. Does it help? I don't know. George, "Jorge", Jimenez converted the engine from a high compression Fat motor to pump gas for the 2016 Baja 1000 and we have been very pleased with the reliability.

We run about 10% race fuel. The benefit is getting a little lead in the fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorLou

Reaction
I use the racegas concentrate and good old pump gas @ 1-2 oz. per gallon, seen dyno number gains and tad cooler.

Lou

Texasnative

Reaction
Folks...question. I am hearing that some people are considering going with the 5.5 inch (in width) rims all the way around. Someone I was talking to called it the, "Class 10 rims." Not sure what that means but is that a smart direction for a 12/1100 car?

Thanks in advance...
John

RaptorLou

Reaction
I like 5.5 by 15 rears and 4-4.5 fronts in 16". typically the wider the wheel the more taco prone, due to less unsupported hub bracing. I like skinnier wheel than tire.
my $.02
Lou

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Reaction
Thanks for your reply. I guess nobody else wants to give up their weight. That explains alot:)

Lol I got nothing to hide. My car is a fat old lady. Here is the scale image of my cars actual weight. This is without tools and maybe only 5 gallons of gas. 2405 lbs.
When Eversen built my car it is also a twin to their 10 car up to the “A” pillar. So if I dec to race class 10its a front clip and engine. With some more stuff of course. My passion is racing in Mexico. That being said I did overkill on quite a few areas like trans, sequential Mendeola, 934 cv’s large cell......I mean large.....
Just answering honestly the true weight of my car.

Attachments

• 4F4EA3FB-CFBF-463B-8FA1-780A7A36DFEF.jpeg
    4F4EA3FB-CFBF-463B-8FA1-780A7A36DFEF.jpeg
    841.3 KB · Views: 212

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
Lol I got nothing to hide. My car is a fat old lady. Here is the scale image of my cars actual weight. This is without tools and maybe only 5 gallons of gas. 2405 lbs.
When Eversen built my car it is also a twin to their 10 car up to the “A” pillar. So if I dec to race class 10its a front clip and engine. With some more stuff of course. My passion is racing in Mexico. That being said I did overkill on quite a few areas like trans, sequential Mendeola, 934 cv’s large cell......I mean large.....
Just answering honestly the true weight of my car.

What is the mpg ?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app