• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

Rich Roberts

Lol I got nothing to hide. My car is a fat old lady. Here is the scale image of my cars actual weight. This is without tools and maybe only 5 gallons of gas. 2405 lbs.
When Eversen built my car it is also a twin to their 10 car up to the “A” pillar. So if I dec to race class 10its a front clip and engine. With some more stuff of course. My passion is racing in Mexico. That being said I did overkill on quite a few areas like trans, sequential Mendeola, 934 cv’s large cell......I mean large.....
Just answering honestly the true weight of my car.
Thanks Darren, That is light! My car is at 2742 right off the track with all the spare tools, parts, etc. It even still had the dirt on it lol. I estimated it only had about 12 gallons of fuel left in it also so if I estimated correctly full of fuel without any drivers it weighs 2928 ouch! I like Darren have 934's, and my car is overkill on most things but I was still conserveative when I built it. I used lighter chromoly plate etc. I carry a lot of spares: fuel pump, steering joint, axle, CV, etc. Its a good thing I dont have a waterpumper because that woud move me to tank status! My car is a sister car to Bannings 12 and 10 car. So that said any of you still whining about them having a unfair advantage I think not lol! Its a good thing that we are competive or I would start cutting out bars etc.

Ok, thanks. It's 2.5 lbs lighter than the King jack. Also you don't need a 1/2 impact, just turn down the handle of your lug wrench/breaker bar to jack it. That should save another 5 or 6 lbs.

Thanks Darren, That is light! My car is at 2742 right off the track with all the spare tools, parts, etc. It even still had the dirt on it lol. I estimated it only had about 12 gallons of fuel left in it also so if I estimated correctly full of fuel without any drivers it weighs 2928 ouch! I like Darren have 934's, and my car is overkill on most things but I was still conserveative when I built it. I used lighter chromoly plate etc. I carry a lot of spares: fuel pump, steering joint, axle, CV, etc. Its a good thing I dont have a waterpumper because that woud move me to tank status! My car is a sister car to Bannings 12 and 10 car. So that said any of you still whining about them having a unfair advantage I think not lol! Its a good thing that we are competive or I would start cutting out bars etc.
I didn’t have a spare on it, what’s a 35 beadlock. 70lbs, no tools or spare parts, tie rod, either. Oh and my jack is still somewhere in SanFelipe so no jack! Lol! So Race ready I’m guess easy 2650+ Easy. As well we were really paying attention to every tube size etc but Mexico is no sprint race. No under 2000 pound car here either. I didn’t even tell you what she weighs with almost 40 gallons of fuel....37 gal X 6lbsper gal that’s another 222lbs. Me 210 lbs. co driver 195 lbs...
Damn. That’s 3277lbs at the starting line! Whew, all that math.....I’m headed to In-N-Out for 2 double doubles and think about all this weight.....Rich you wanna join me for a burger? Lol!

swiftracing5

When BFG came out with the 35 class 10 tire, everyone started trying 4.5s. Since then people have discovered it causes too much side wall flex and imo they expose too much sidewall.

In 10 and 5 most seem to have moved to 5.5 or 6 depending on manufacturer(pro am vs method). Not sure where you 12 guys like them but just my 2 cents on rims.

Rich Roberts

I didn’t have a spare on it, what’s a 35 beadlock. 70lbs, no tools or spare parts, tie rod, either. Oh and my jack is still somewhere in SanFelipe so no jack! Lol! So Race ready I’m guess easy 2650+ Easy. As well we were really paying attention to every tube size etc but Mexico is no sprint race. No under 2000 pound car here either. I didn’t even tell you what she weighs with almost 40 gallons of fuel....37 gal X 6lbsper gal that’s another 222lbs. Me 210 lbs. co driver 195 lbs...
Damn. That’s 3277lbs at the starting line! Whew, all that math.....I’m headed to In-N-Out for 2 double doubles and think about all this weight.....Rich you wanna join me for a burger? Lol!
Yea but we need to start eating garden burgers lol! I am also 210:(

RYAN COHEE

So looks like only three cars at the M.o.r.e night race next weekend?? Its a cheap entry so step up lets roll.

RaptorLou

Some of the 12 cars were 1600 cars before, so they just put bigger motor and some longer arms. Some still have torsion bars.... So weight was already down....

1600 car on steroids.

Rick 1634

2018 SNORE Midnight Special:

One of the roughest courses I have ever raced, ran entirely in the dark of night, no pre-run, no gps, what an adrenaline rush!

We almost didn't make it to the starting line after breaking a transmission pinion shaft last Sunday. Spent some long nights replacing the ring and pinion, crossing my fingers the old worn parts would hold together for one more race.

Started the race in 4th place, slowly negotiated the first lap attempting to memorize the track. Passed by 1280 and a few miles later was 1211 sitting off course. Nearing the end of lap one I splashed through some mud puddles by suprise, visor covered in muddy water, totally drenched yet refreshingly cool. The towel I carry to clean my visor was now a useless muddy mess. Briefly stopped at main pit for a dry towel and pulled out ahead of 1269 making a tire change. Started lap two in the lead and clicked off three more consistent laps for the win.
IMG_0462.JPG SAM_1451.JPG SAM_1458.JPG IMG_0450.JPG 2ndpic.JPG

RYAN COHEE

2018 SNORE Midnight Special:

One of the roughest courses I have ever raced, ran entirely in the dark of night, no pre-run, no gps, what an adrenaline rush!

We almost didn't make it to the starting line after breaking a transmission pinion shaft last Sunday. Spent some long nights replacing the ring and pinion, crossing my fingers the old worn parts would hold together for one more race.

Started the race in 4th place, slowly negotiated the first lap attempting to memorize the track. Passed by 1280 and a few miles later was 1211 sitting off course. Nearing the end of lap one I splashed through some mud puddles by suprise, visor covered in muddy water, totally drenched yet refreshingly cool. The towel I carry to clean my visor was now a useless muddy mess. Briefly stopped at main pit for a dry towel and pulled out ahead of 1269 making a tire change. Started lap two in the lead and clicked off three more consistent laps for the win.
View attachment 193171 View attachment 193172 View attachment 193173 View attachment 193175 View attachment 193176
Good job driver !!