Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
Any teams racing SCORE in SEP for the TJDC? We are to try and win some points for the championship.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
2018 SNORE Midnight Special:

One of the roughest courses I have ever raced, ran entirely in the dark of night, no pre-run, no gps, what an adrenaline rush!

We almost didn't make it to the starting line after breaking a transmission pinion shaft last Sunday. Spent some long nights replacing the ring and pinion, crossing my fingers the old worn parts would hold together for one more race.

Started the race in 4th place, slowly negotiated the first lap attempting to memorize the track. Passed by 1280 and a few miles later was 1211 sitting off course. Nearing the end of lap one I splashed through some mud puddles by suprise, visor covered in muddy water, totally drenched yet refreshingly cool. The towel I carry to clean my visor was now a useless muddy mess. Briefly stopped at main pit for a dry towel and pulled out ahead of 1269 making a tire change. Started lap two in the lead and clicked off three more consistent laps for the win.
View attachment 193171View attachment 193172View attachment 193173View attachment 193175View attachment 193176
Congrats, Rick. I saw the results and gave a cheer for you guys!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
And the one half sixteen hundredths still beat em?
Weight is a factor, but clearly not the only one. We weight 2250-2350 loaded/fueled, depending on fuel and parts we load out. Having fat drivers and co-drivers doesn't help anyone either in a limited class. Of course we're a 2 seater.

We just picked up a new-to-us toy hauler from Flagstaff to replace the lost one.
I've been spending lots of time fixing up the new chase truck too. The buggy had very minor damage and could have been flipped onto her wheels and raced that day of the accident.

If you look closely at the wrecked trailer pic, you can see the DRR Blue-Beauty buggy patiently waiting for her race...inverted.

Introducing the "White-Mule" chase truck and the new DRR MOBILE HQ.
IMG_5620.jpeg
20180811_173536.jpeg
20180712_151743.jpeg
FB_IMG_1529599441661.jpeg
20180611_131046.jpeg

Last edited:

Rick 1634

Reaction
Weight is a factor, but clearly not the only one. We weight 2250-2350 loaded/fueled, defending on fuel and parts we load out. Of course we're a 2 seater.

We just picked up a new-to-us toy hauler from Flagstaff to replace the lost one.
I've been spending lots of time fixing up the new chase truck too. The buggy had very minor damage and could have been flipped onto her wheels and raced that day of the accident.

If you look closely at the wrecked trailer pic, you can see the DRR Blue-Beauty buggy patiently waiting for her race...inverted.

Introducing the "White-Mule" chase truck and the new DRR MOBILE HQ.View attachment 193508View attachment 193509View attachment 193510View attachment 193511View attachment 193512

Glad to see your jumping back in the game

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
We run 15x4 on all four corners to keep our spare rims selection simple and weight down. We do tend to run rear beadlocks so we can keep driving further, if we choose, with a rear flat. I've never seen an advantage from wider rims unless running bigger tires than you normally find on 12 cars. When we raced class-5 we ran bigger tires and wider rims because we had a much bigger motor too.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
Oh, is the "fantasyland" low-compression motor CC increase thing a dead issue for race year 2019, now?? I'm good with it either way, though the idea of more HP always excites.

I've head nothing official from ANY sanctioning body.

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
I was told by a very wise man once if you run a perfect race at full throttle not making a single mistake and you get beat then you need more engine !
By the way my single seat car is going up for sale

btshannon

Reaction
Not racing class 5 Zac the car is going to be prepped and ready for Rage at the river. If it doesn't sell by then

I thought all that she needed was a couple gallons of oil????????????