• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

B52837D2-739B-4994-A87F-14FEBE0DC8B8.jpeg
Yes stay away from 35’s! They are horrible! Lol......well I set up my 12 car from the beginning for 35’s geared the trans for 35’s. Just ran a full SCORE series with them. I also tried 33’s at last years 1000 and went right back to 35’s. I’m just 1 person giving my opinion but no broken or cracked spindles/arms. San Felipe is no joke with Zoo road Maronite wash, the goat trail and rocks either. I flipped my car in SanFelipe last April, landed on wheels, went 170 miles to the finish. Not even a flat.everything mugged and still straight. Car runs well over 80.
If u are just bolting them on and thinking it’s gonna be awesome without a gear change, suspension work .....not gonna be to happy. As for what Baja has, I like my 35’s.

kmsponseller

Is anyone using seats with firm padding?

My 12 car currently has really old Beard seats I'm thinking about replacing, just want to know what experiences racers have with the thin versus thick padding. Or are the thin padded seats for cars with a lot of travel to absorb all the harsh hits...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RYAN COHEE

My 12 car currently has really old Beard seats I'm thinking about replacing, just want to know what experiences racers have with the thin versus thick padding. Or are the thin padded seats for cars with a lot of travel to absorb all the harsh hits...

In my opinion the suspension seats will hurt your back. I use a Momo super cup hard back seat with a ratchet lap belt from PRP. About 8-9 years ago I broke my back in Barstow L1,2 &3 so I have some strong feelings about seats.

Robin Hood

I took out a Beard and I am putting a Sparco in a 1600 car.

mrmatt

So is there any talk about 2019 and the snore and more series? Is anyone thinking/talking about running either series full.time next year? I would think that with the snore rule change on the motor that more would consider this as well

Cooper_Motorsports

So is there any talk about 2019 and the snore and more series? Is anyone thinking/talking about running either series full.time next year? I would think that with the snore rule change on the motor that more would consider this as well
Our plan is to race SNORE next year. Would be great to do the Mint as well if anyone else is going to.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Fourstroker

They added motorcycles to the mix. The Mint was originally 2 days as well

mrmatt

does anyone know what happened to Darren at the 1000?

M.Harvey1600

Andy4

Something cool for the class 12 crowd to know..Bud Ward and his co driver stopped to help a injured racer in their section and was awarded a time credit. They were in the green army 12 car.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

bajatex

Surprised there was no talk on here about the race ( baja 1000) while it was happening. There was some good racing going on. Anyways It was cool meeting some of the guys that frequent this thread while in staging.

Race Report for 1206: Freddie Willert started and went to 280 where he handed the car off to Stan Potter. Freddie had to deal with getting stuck and all of the other craziness that goes along with starting a Baja Race. This was his first time starting and he did a perfect job. He got to the BFG pit at 280 physically first where Stan got in. 1240 got back by us in the pits there. Stan diced with 1240 and got buy him before 380 but again 1240 got by us in the pits. 1258 was lurking in 3rd at this point and I believe 1208 was back in 4th. Stan took off into the silt and although he got stuck a few times he managed to get going quickly and came out at 534 with a huge lead where I got in the car.
I had to drive the chase truck all day and night because we were short a chase driver but it all worked out. I got in at RM534 at 3 something in the morning and took it to the finish. Stan told me to take it easy on the transaxle because he thought it sounded funny. We had a significant leak at the output flange seal so we added gear oil. I took off and ended up getting a flat 15 miles into my section because I was trying to be conservative but it through my timing off and I smacked a rock. You know when you try to slow down it jacks up your flow as a driver. I decided to just drive like I was racing with a 20 minute lead rather than the 2.5 hour lead that we had at that point. I got word at RM600 that the lead 16 car was 15 minutes ahead of me so that gave me something to focus on. I got by them at around RM670 Colonet somewhere. I stopped at my visual pit around Punta Cabras where Brian Salley looked at the steering that was feeling loose. Ended up being a worn heim on the ram. He informed me that there were only 2 class 10 cars in front of me and they were only 30 minutes ahead. I was starting to have a hard time staying focused due to mental fatigue so I just backed it down and got it to the finish. We ended up winning The Baja 1000!!! 2 years in a row. It makes up for the insightful luck at the SF250 and Baja 500. Only 2 out of 10 cars finishing should tell you how tough it was. Jeremy Davis in 1258 obviously had major issues in the silt.
We ended up almost 5 hours ahead of him at the finish even after they credited him an hour for good Samaritan. He ended up helping a bike rider I think. Congrats to the whole 1258 team on taking the championship.

Tex Mitchell

Cooper_Motorsports

IMG_1521.jpg

Who’s got 2019 race plans? Would be nice to get a good group of cars together for a few races. Talked to a few guys about the mint, seems like there’s some interest if more then a handful of guys commit.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight

Been running Beard Super Seats for decades in multiple cars...still, been considering hard-back carbon seats for a while next time I need covers. Not sure of any tests or hard data that says one is more comfortable than another. Many sanctioning bodies for road racing require hard bucket seats on the grounds of safety. Anyone have hard data? I'm not even sure if there is a weight advantage with suspension seats?? I have seen Beard or similar suspension seats break during hard crashes or from just being "old"/wear and tear.

I'm NOT going to miss the 50th annual SNORE-250 in FEB!! Otherwise, who knows. I LOVE-HATE the V2R...

I am upsizing my motor to 2276cc before the 2019 races too. All overhaul parts are on order, if I didn't have them on the shelf already. I'll let everone know how those ITP tires workout in FEB.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

C Harvey

I will be in for the Mint, hopefully we can get some more 12 cars to come out. BITD still has the ford 2.0 motor option, in addition to the low comp VW engine option. Does anyone remember if the ford powered cars were much faster?