Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

Rick 1634

I will be in for the Mint, hopefully we can get some more 12 cars to come out. BITD still has the ford 2.0 motor option, in addition to the low comp VW engine option. Does anyone remember if the ford powered cars were much faster?
Much faster, might as well be racing against an ecotech.

RYAN COHEE

So are we going to qualify at Rage at the River ?? I will have a two seater this round

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
I will be in for the Mint, hopefully we can get some more 12 cars to come out. BITD still has the ford 2.0 motor option, in addition to the low comp VW engine option. Does anyone remember if the ford powered cars were much faster?
It wasn't very close...a big reason the few Ford Powered /sponsored cars dominated for years (Banning Motorsports). Ironically, I'm not even sure if anyone is running Ford power anymore in 1100 at BITD. Every once in a while a high-compression car would win too, but there is still few class-12 guys racing BITD at this point, unfortunately.

They do have some iconic races, at least in name. I've raced the Mint 3 times...it's fun, but it doesn't feel like the old Mint-400 at all to me. Some of the downtown Vegas activities are fun, but that's not the race part. Paying $2K above SNORE race fees gets you that stuff, I guess.

Remember, SNORE is racing 75% of the same course for the 2019 50th Annual SNORE-250...better to gather and race that event. Not so much downtown fanfare, but more likely to get a bunch of entries due to cost alone.

Additionally, not only are BITD entry fees a VERY high, you need to install/rent or buy a SAT/GPS tracker to race with them, which is an additional cost in the hundreds $$ per race, unless there's been a miraculous change in the last 2 years. I haven't even checked recently.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
So are we going to qualify at Rage at the River ?? I will have a two seater this round
Ryan, who's 2-seater?

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Been running Beard Super Seats for decades in multiple cars...still, been considering hard-back carbon seats for a while next time I need covers. Not sure of any tests or hard data that says one is more comfortable than another. Many sanctioning bodies for road racing require hard bucket seats on the grounds of safety. Anyone have hard data? I'm not even sure if there is a weight advantage with suspension seats?? I have seen Beard or similar suspension seats break during hard crashes or from just being "old"/wear and tear.

I'm NOT going to miss the 50th annual SNORE-250 in FEB!! Otherwise, who knows. I LOVE-HATE the V2R...

I am upsizing my motor to 2276cc before the 2019 races too. All overhaul parts are on order, if I didn't have them on the shelf already. I'll let everone know how those ITP tires workout in FEB.

Hey Benny. You honestly need to sit in all the seats as well before buying. I would of course stay away from the bargain ones you can tell by the over 1/2 of all the others. Some are up there in price but it’s also a well crafted safety item just like a helmet. I sat in probably all makes of seats. For me, I ended up with MOMO seats. At first I was like “ what the heck, hardly no padding.” But we have ran 8-11 hours straight in Mexico without any comfort issues. We feel super snug and yeah....I flipped my car is SanFelipe. We looked around, are you good? Yup. No flats? Nope. Let’s go!
I chose MOMO because they felt the best for me. It’s super important to get one you feel comfortable and safe in. Nowadays with cars going faster safety seats are an important purchase which ever brand you buy. If ur at rage you can sit in my seats as long as you want! Lol.

Dirtman

Anyone know where you can go to sit in all the different brands/models side by side? I've only seen 2 or 3 models at a time side by side.

Rick 1634

Anyone know where you can go to sit in all the different brands/models side by side? I've only seen 2 or 3 models at a time side by side.
I did that at Kartek and came home with new Prp seat

M.Harvey1600

Try sube-sports in Huntington Beach.

They have cobra, Momo and sparco on display

I love cobra seats. Just like recaro they only build seats.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

C. Ellis

Hello, I currently race class 9 but started getting curious about class 12. Can anyone help me out and explain a few things. Average cost to prep before races, How often motor and trans need to be gone through, and average top speed of these buggies. Any and all info would be appreciated. I will be spectating at rage this weekend and would like to come look at a few.

RYAN COHEE

Ryan how did you get the DQ?
Pit rule infraction with one of my crew guys. I can tell you it wont ever happen again . As a DOR I am responsible for my crew and I have total respect for the action taken by Snore. See you guys in the desert 2019.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Pit rule infraction with one of my crew guys. I can tell you it wont ever happen again . As a DOR I am responsible for my crew and I have total respect for the action taken by Snore. See you guys in the desert 2019.
Well sorry that happened was cool to see u guys out there.

Rick 1634

Rage at the River race report:

Friday morning, qualified car #1204 in 5th position.

Saturday: Started 3 wide, got the hole shot only to get passed after the moon bumps by 1218. Half way thru lap one coming around a blind corner at the end of the pole line, Harvey’s car was on its side, he was climbing out, avoided contact and raced conservatively to 3rd Place. Transmission failure two corners from the hot pit prevented us from crossing the finish line. We worked late into the evening replacing the faulty transmission and getting the car in tip top shape looking to finish the year strong.

Sunday was a new day filled with high expectations, with 300 vehicles chewing up the dessert; this brought new challenges to drivers and machines. Started in the back,worked my way forward having a nice battle with Beans Davidson. Crossed the finish line in 4th place, was fun doing battle with all of you this weekend.

Thank you: Torco Race Fuel, The Dessert Bar, La Piazza Pizza, Parker Auto & Marine.

Last edited:

BBBBeans

sorry to hear.

BBBBeans

Was great racing with all you guys. We battled issues all weekend but I plan to have a stronger run for the BAP. :cool:

C Harvey

It was fun racing with all you guys for the 4 or 5 miles until I ran out of talent...haha. My car suffered a bent intake manifold and a few other things that I couldn't get fixed by Sunday. Congrats to everyone that placed and finished. See you at the Snore 250.

RYAN COHEE

How many of you guys are racing the Snore 250 or the entire series? What races can we get a large car count besides Bap?