• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

Zac Reish

I’m under the impression suspensions seats are to blame for more broken backs than hard shell. I have not broken my back. I run a hard shell cobra. I don’t think a seat can prevent a broken back but one may protect more than the other.

I feel like the more movement you are capable in a seat the more likely you’re to hurt your self.

I’m 6’7” and the mastercraft 3G’s work and feel great. Give them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
I've looked at the 3G's and that's the option I'll take if I can't find a composite I can fit into. I sat in the PRP Alpha Extrawide and I'm just a bit too wide in the hip area.
My other issue is that the suspension seats put me higher in the car so my helmet sits above the top bar, rubbing the roof. I was hoping to not have to cut out my roof and put in an rolled roof, but if my only choice is the Mastercraft 3G that may be my only option. Thanks for the help to all, greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’m under the impression suspensions seats are to blame for more broken backs than hard shell. I have not broken my back. I run a hard shell cobra. I don’t think a seat can prevent a broken back but one may protect more than the other.

I feel like the more movement you are capable in a seat the more likely you’re to hurt your self.
From what I've learned so far... The reason that drivers in suspension seats break their back is because they tighten the belts to where the back is arched. When they hit a bump hard the arched back compresses more and then it breaks. The composites limit how much you can do that because when you tighten the belts your back is relatively flat against the back of the seat limiting the arch. I'd like to see a combo seat that has a firm back and a suspension bottom. Going to check out Sparco now. Thanks for the input...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Andy4

Unfortunately this isn’t 100% true. I spoke to SCORE tech and they are not saying yes or no just yet.
I spoke to Dan yesterday and he said they are conforming. Should be published in next couple days.

Also I am selling a race winning 2115cc. 150ft lbs @ 4000rpm, 136hp @ 5700rpm. All high quality parts. Asking $6000. 619-599-5960

I spoke to Dan yesterday and he said they are conforming. Should be published in next couple days.

Also I am selling a race winning 2115cc. 150ft lbs @ 4000rpm, 136hp @ 5700rpm. All high quality parts. Asking $6000. 619-599-5960
That’s great news!
On seats.... I run MOMO containment seats. I tried almost all of them. You need to really try them out and see what feels right for you. I’m sure their is a lot of great seats, I just felt for me I liked the feel of MOMO. At first my team and I were like “how long are we gonna be in these seats in the Baja 1000 and hardly any padding!?!?” To all of our surprises they are very comfortable as I’m sure other manufacturers are as well. Hope this helps.

For what it's worth, I called the Score race director in September when I was having my motor built. He said they were not changing the engine size for at least a few years, he went on to say since they just started allowing the low comp motors they wouldn't change again. I'm just going to race with my small low comp motor and see how it does.

bhernquist

For what it's worth, I called the Score race director in September when I was having my motor built. He said they were not changing the engine size for at least a few years, he went on to say since they just started allowing the low comp motors they wouldn't change again. I'm just going to race with my small low comp motor and see how it does.
You and Vic proved at Rage that a light, good working car with a sequental 6 speed is the best combination. A few more ccs wont make a big difference.

RaptorLou

While I hate to admit it, more power is not always the answer (did I say that?) Let me clarify, I was pretty hard on Darren (sorry dude) that both of our mid pack running 1600 cars had faster lap times. Yeah, some weight difference and overall driving style difference, but the clocks don't lie.... I am very sure the ride was nicer in the 12 car than the 1600's.
Lou

RaptorLou

Ha, yeah Darren, we both knew you took a knife to a gun fight, but you were moving super and learned a bunch, not mention the HOT co-dawg!!!! That was worth it right there. Good times
Lou

Rick 1634

Torco-Racing-Fuels-Logo.png

Get your Torco Race Fuel at the SNORE 250

Price list:
116 leaded $14.00 gal.
110 leaded $9.00 gal.
100 unleaded $9.00 gal
T85 sold in 55 gallon drum only $350.00

Pre orders appreciated:
Rick Madison
(928) 216-6676
[email protected]

RYAN COHEE

Sounds like you need to give Steve a call and get that 4th cylinder firing.....See you at the 250!
We fixed it right after broken rocker shaft. I wont be racing the Snore 250 as I will be racing San Felipe in a class one car.

Last edited:

LantanaTX

Since Phillip Drew took over our engine program we haven’t finished worse than 2nd including a Baja 500 win this year. He has given us a ton of power with complete reliability. We just had our engine checked after 2500 race miles and it was like new inside. Our goal is 3000 miles between freshening and it looks very doable. He just got an order for a 1600 and a class 12 engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

volks 73

Thoughts on the BFG 32x10-15 (UTV tire). Looking to replace my front tires,we have run BFG 32x9.50-15 A/T on the front. The all terrains are not made any more, I thought the UTV tires would be a good replacement. My car is a little heavier than most 12 cars, Its a Chenowth DR2 with a V8 we race NORRA.

bajatex

Thoughts on the BFG 32x10-15 (UTV tire). Looking to replace my front tires,we have run BFG 32x9.50-15 A/T on the front. The all terrains are not made any more, I thought the UTV tires would be a good replacement. My car is a little heavier than most 12 cars, Its a Chenowth DR2 with a V8 we race NORRA.
We run them on 1206 front and rear. They are awesome tires!! They will be perfect for the front of your car. They are really sticky and you will notice an improvement in braking and turning in.