• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

yamaducci

Well that's what the Class 12 Coalition is all about. Putting our Vote in and showing up. Just like the Class 5 guys do. The McKenzie's 300 is a longer race. And for me it makes sense since I am so far away in Maryland to come out for the longer races, I would also like the Mint and V2R but my engine is not legal for those yet.
Who would will Consider the McKenzie's 300? I believe there are 2 cars signed up already if the site is accurate.

DirtDgr

Hope this kind of question is allowed!

I have an 11 and a 2-1600. I love coming down south to race but the traveling is tough with work. Also the 1600 is hard to keep codrivers in! Up here in Northern California the good news VORRA is firing back up. The bad news is no 1600 to race. I will be the lone car at most races and that makes it hard to put down the entry fee to beat the car up to race myself. But VORRA needs the support.

There are a few class 10 and 12 that race in VORRA though. They race together usually. 10 is not in my price range. 12 might be so I am considering a class change. Can a 12 hang with the average 10 car and be competitive with 10’s?

Can you guys and gals tell me how a 16 car is different than a 12 car? Is it easier on the codriver? Is prep similar? How do they handle? Not detailed just roughly.

Also how much faster or quicker is a 12 than a 1600? I look at lap times at RAGE and they are pretty close. But open it up a bit and the 12 is much faster it seems. Why?

Any other advice would be great.
of course I will still venture south as well. I am just hoping a 12 car might offer me more options to race closer to home and even V2R or something and have someone to race with.

That said there are not many 12 for sale out there. Definitely 2 seat. Want a competitive fast mostly up to date car. How is the Bunderson in the classifieds? My 16 is a Bunderson too. Says it is big. Whats that mean? Just big inside or is the chassis longer and wider?

Thanks!

Journee

Journey, what did you think of those tires? My Lothringer came with 6 of those and not sure I want to run them. How did they handle and perform?
haha honestly I was only thinking about finishing without another flat. I did not want to get out for a 4th time. They seem decent though. Had to drive on this one for quite a ways before I could pull off to change it.
C8C91FEC-1481-4B83-8421-357AC5CE539F.jpeg

Journee

Well that's what the Class 12 Coalition is all about. Putting our Vote in and showing up. Just like the Class 5 guys do. The McKenzie's 300 is a longer race. And for me it makes sense since I am so far away in Maryland to come out for the longer races, I would also like the Mint and V2R but my engine is not legal for those yet.
Who would will Consider the McKenzie's 300? I believe there are 2 cars signed up already if the site is accurate.
Sorry, I won’t race a MORE race. Sticking to SNORE for 2020.

RYAN COHEE

ScottWisdom

I spoke with Dan the SCORE Tech Director. He said there were no changes to the Class 12 Score Lite engine rules and it shouldn't have been mentioned in the announcement. All is good.

As a side note, I noticed the SCORE rules do not require a VW Type I shroud for the low compression option. Maybe just an oversight? Or maybe they allow Porsche 911 shrouds on low compression engines.

Rich Roberts

Allowing the 911 fan is not performance advantage. I understand the cost to purchase one is ridiculous. That said it should be allowed as a option for guys that already have them. Not only do I have one but also have spares. I would have to spend more buying spares, fan shroud etc. I also thought going to the pump gas option was also for reliability, There is no way that a China alternator is more or even close to being as reliable as a 911. VW alternators are junk, ask Darren Walsh how many times he had to change his at the 1000? Too bad it’s not allowed in SNORE.

yamaducci

haha honestly I was only thinking about finishing without another flat. I did not want to get out for a 4th time. They seem decent though. Had to drive on this one for quite a ways before I could pull off to change it.
View attachment 209707
So you got 3 flats? That's not good at all. And that rim! I don't see any tubes in there so maybe if they had tubes they would have been fine. Did all of the rims also look like that after a flat? Expensive race !! I guess with me having 6 of these rims and tires I will probably run them but sounds like I better bring more spares. Once they all look like that I will switch unless my budget provides what I really want before my first race then they will all be sold. What are you going with now?

bajaboy7

Hope this kind of question is allowed!

I have an 11 and a 2-1600. I love coming down south to race but the traveling is tough with work. Also the 1600 is hard to keep codrivers in! Up here in Northern California the good news VORRA is firing back up. The bad news is no 1600 to race. I will be the lone car at most races and that makes it hard to put down the entry fee to beat the car up to race myself. But VORRA needs the support.

There are a few class 10 and 12 that race in VORRA though. They race together usually. 10 is not in my price range. 12 might be so I am considering a class change. Can a 12 hang with the average 10 car and be competitive with 10’s?

Can you guys and gals tell me how a 16 car is different than a 12 car? Is it easier on the codriver? Is prep similar? How do they handle? Not detailed just roughly.

Also how much faster or quicker is a 12 than a 1600? I look at lap times at RAGE and they are pretty close. But open it up a bit and the 12 is much faster it seems. Why?

Any other advice would be great.
of course I will still venture south as well. I am just hoping a 12 car might offer me more options to race closer to home and even V2R or something and have someone to race with.

That said there are not many 12 for sale out there. Definitely 2 seat. Want a competitive fast mostly up to date car. How is the Bunderson in the classifieds? My 16 is a Bunderson too. Says it is big. Whats that mean? Just big inside or is the chassis longer and wider?

Thanks!

As a former VORRA 1600 racer that moved to 12 in the late 90s when the huge 1600 class disappeared from VORRA I'll tell you what we did. We put 2-1/4" longer front and 3 X 3 rear arms on and built a 12 car motor and had a blast. No coil-overs at all. We did end up spending money on better transmission parts but other than that it worked. Would it be competitive down south? Hell No! Plenty capable for VORRA though.

Journee

So you got 3 flats? That's not good at all. And that rim! I don't see any tubes in there so maybe if they had tubes they would have been fine. Did all of the rims also look like that after a flat? Expensive race !! I guess with me having 6 of these rims and tires I will probably run them but sounds like I better bring more spares. Once they all look like that I will switch unless my budget provides what I really want before my first race then they will all be sold. What are you going with now?
No, just the one flat but had some coil wire issues on the first lap we had to fix a few times. I had to drive on the flat through a single lane rocky uphill till there was a spot to pull over so that’s why the wheel is so damaged. (See photo of my Co Kitty doin work!)
9677C5D6-7215-4744-9A66-2D47E85AD718.jpeg

Im not sure yet. Got the car apart to get everything magged. Should be going together next week, then I’ll start thinking about wheels and tires lol
53CB5A70-77CB-4F65-BACB-1B5879BA1CC6.jpeg

Attachments

RYAN COHEE

With all the time off of racing and social outings everyone should have those 12 cars all ready to go.. We should have a large turn out of the next event where ever that might take place.

Journee

Anyone have summer bro’s or ads hub parts laying around? Need bearings, seals, and these plates.
3A150FB6-2573-4F1E-82C7-E959D0237346.jpeg

Journee

You could try calling ADS and see if the have parts left to help you. They used to set the bearing tension on my Summer Bros hubs back in the day.
They are helping me out but just trying to save as much $$$ as I can.

Journee

Hey all, I am working on getting a SNORE Class 12 drivers list together so we can be more organized and connected and have a list of active Race #'s. I have compiled a list of DOR from the last 3 years of SNORE races and almost have it complete. I'd like to have all the contact info too so we can call all of them to see if they still own a car.

Higher Car Counts = More payback and sponsor money.

Please email me your contact information (Name, Email, Phone #, and Race # or desired race # for this season.) Even a picture of your car if you'd like.

Thank you! Any help is appreciated!

[email protected]

Photo Credit To Dave DesMarias
SNORE 250 2020.JPG