Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

C. Ellis

Reaction
Looking at purchasing a 2 seat class 12 in the near future. I have talked to a few guys with cars for sale, some guys are selling for as low as 22k, some as high as 50k. let me know what your thoughts are on what price is fair. I know some cars have won big races, I know some are new some are old. Seems like most have a good amount of spare parts ect.. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

yamaducci

Reaction
This time last year I bought a Class 12 that hasn't been raced since 2012. I bought it and took it right to a prep shop. If you are like me and expect things to work and hopefully not fail you will want to improve on everything there is on the car. Whatever you bought the car for expect to double that just to make your first race. If you buy a car that says fully Prepped, find out the list of what's been done or replaced. There are many levels of prepped and there is life expectancy to each part. Learn what the expectancy is and you will be able to value a used car. Remember used should always be cheaper than new to build all said and done. If you can get spares, fuel cans or up to date belts and nets those things add up in the thousands fast. Then you need a trailer, neck restraints, helmets and suits. If you can get any of that you are ahead. I think no matter what level of car you buy you will have 50-60k into the whole deal just to make it to your first race. It's always cheaper to buy a car that's done as a package deal then to find a cheap car and piece it together. Even if that car is done but $50k.

yamaducci

Reaction
Yamaducci. You were hauling ass. Great job.
Thanks Zac! That's a compliment coming from you. If you remember I was trying to buy a Class 5U then started looking at 12s and you said go 1600 if I went with a buggy. I finally made through a year of the car at the prep shop and I was ready to take on the world. It was a great first race. If you are heading to Primm in October I'll stop by

Dirtman

Reaction
I hope the BAP class 12 entries get a shot in the arm the next couple weeks, kinda weak right now.

Anybody interested in building a class 12 coalition series to try and bring up car counts? Pretty sure there are a lot of cars out there but a serious lack of enthusiasm. Worked very well for us back in early 2000's to stimulate the 1600 class.. Car counts were low in all the series but after we got organized we had over 70 cars at first Pro 1600 race. I wouldn't expect we could get there with class 12 but I would be pretty happy at a third of that. Send me a PM if you would be interested.

Journee

Reaction
1600968052689.png

Looks like we have 12 entries in Class 12 so far for SNORE Battle At Primm! If we get to 15, we get to qualify on Friday too! Who else is coming? Get on that list! Shaping up to be a great battle!!!!!!

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
I hope the BAP class 12 entries get a shot in the arm the next couple weeks, kinda weak right now.

Anybody interested in building a class 12 coalition series to try and bring up car counts? Pretty sure there are a lot of cars out there but a serious lack of enthusiasm. Worked very well for us back in early 2000's to stimulate the 1600 class.. Car counts were low in all the series but after we got organized we had over 70 cars at first Pro 1600 race. I wouldn't expect we could get there with class 12 but I would be pretty happy at a third of that. Send me a PM if you would be interested.

I dont think a coalition is needed. Journee has been doing a great job staying in contact with the SNORE racers all year. We have had good 12 car counts all year, more than anyone else. The key is to get racers to commit to a series so there are cars to race all year. This is what I was working on with class 1. if you can get 10 people to commit to race all year you will have a great baseline of cars at each race. I think SNORE has had more class 1's and class 12's than any other org in 2020. We would love to have 20 12 cars at each race!! Bring em on!! And I already have a bonus lined up for class 12 for RAGE!! Just waiting to release it until after BAP!!!

Dirtman

Reaction
As I told Journee I would never intend to hurt class 12 entries at SNORE races, But I do not feel proud of 10-15 cars in class when there are dozens of cars out there. It was pretty cool 20 years ago when we suddenly had triple or more car counts in 16 class when my hero RM just put the stomping on us. But there is apparently no interest in trying to do anything different right now for class 12 so that’s fine.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Reaction
As I told Journee I would never intend to hurt class 12 entries at SNORE races, But I do not feel proud of 10-15 cars in class when there are dozens of cars out there. It was pretty cool 20 years ago when we suddenly had triple or more car counts in 16 class when my hero RM just put the stomping on us. But there is apparently no interest in trying to do anything different right now for class 12 so that’s fine.
I hear what your saying but you also mentioned “20 years ago.” So much was different 20 years ago. Being a current 12 car racer ive seen a slow increase in class 12. As we speak 3 new cars are coming out in 2020. Lou Farrar, Mike Aguilar and The “Cactus Killers car will be at Primm for his first race. Years ago racing was much cheaper.
Look at the costs of parts now. How much to buy bypasses and coil overs for a car? Well over 10k, brakes? Who would have thought 4-5k for ProAm brakes, HD Lowrance? most didnt even have a gps. Not to mention the cost of living toda. My Dad bought his home down the street from me for under 40k now you can’t buy in his neighborhood for under $700,000.
I hear you 10-15 cars isn’t record breaking but unfortunately we can’t go backwards in life. Racing is a hobby for most. Most of us 12 car guys do talk we just seem to have life situations come up during the seaso. Im pretty sure after this pandemic stuff next year im excited to hopefully have a kick butt 12 car race where we all can get together. 👍🏼
Gotta head to work now!

Katfab

Reaction
the rule changes we made 2 years ago with the low compression engine option I believed helped the class grow racing class 12 in 2015, 2016, and 2017
SNORE was lucky to get more than 6 cars to a race not named BAP or RATR now over the course of the last two years seams to be averaging 10 to 12 cars a SNORE race
I would have been racing my car this year if not for the RONA but plan to make a couple in the near future as things get back up and running

Katfab

Reaction
I dont think a coalition is needed. Journee has been doing a great job staying in contact with the SNORE racers all year. We have had good 12 car counts all year, more than anyone else. The key is to get racers to commit to a series so there are cars to race all year. This is what I was working on with class 1. if you can get 10 people to commit to race all year you will have a great baseline of cars at each race. I think SNORE has had more class 1's and class 12's than any other org in 2020. We would love to have 20 12 cars at each race!! Bring em on!! And I already have a bonus lined up for class 12 for RAGE!! Just waiting to release it until after BAP!!!
What Kind Of bonus are you guys contemplating for Rage I will be racing 6100 with a slim chance of getting the 12 car out there

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
Hi All! You can pencil in one more 12 car for RATR and hopefully more races in the future. Finally getting back in the game and just started a new 12 team. We ran the PCI 300 but DNF'd. Had a lot of fun though. Hope to meet some of you soon! Cheers!
cac99177-9be7-4566-97c6-375a3a16ca88.jpg

C.Harvey

Reaction
I'm selling my Raceco single-seat 12 car if anyone is interested. I'll be posting it in the Classifieds soon. $27,500 It has low-compression 2110cc engine and a Mendeola sequential 6-speed.

Attachments

• Race 2.JPG
    Race 2.JPG
    583.4 KB · Views: 165

C. Ellis

Reaction
We are proud owners of a new to us class 12. Coming from class 9, we don’t know much about this class. Tire pressures, oil types, gear oil types. Spindle/ arm life expectancy, etc. any and all info / tips would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• A6EDFC6D-5AFA-4EC9-BE97-1D83B134EEB0.jpeg
    A6EDFC6D-5AFA-4EC9-BE97-1D83B134EEB0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113

PHAIII113

Reaction
A&F Motorsports is building (2) Class12 cars to race. We have not decided on what race series we are going to race in. Our issue from what I have heard is Snore/More don't let you have Type 4 Shrouds on your Motor? is that Correct? if so we are racing BITD, Legacy, or Score. If I can run these shrouds, we might head your direction. (1) car is almost finished its transformation to 12 and the other is 2 months from Completion.

Andy4

Reaction
A&F Motorsports is building (2) Class12 cars to race. We have not decided on what race series we are going to race in. Our issue from what I have heard is Snore/More don't let you have Type 4 Shrouds on your Motor? is that Correct? if so we are racing BITD, Legacy, or Score. If I can run these shrouds, we might head your direction. (1) car is almost finished its transformation to 12 and the other is 2 months from Completion.

You can’t run the 911 type cooling on your engine with the larger displacement pump fuel engine option in any series.

ScottWisdom

Reaction
You can’t run the 911 type cooling on your engine with the larger displacement pump fuel engine option in any series.

SCORE rules don't mention any restrictions for shrouds although it says "OE End Castings only allowed - Modifications are allowed." Do 911 shrouds work with OE End Castings?

Andy4

Reaction
SCORE rules don't mention any restrictions for shrouds although it says "OE End Castings only allowed - Modifications are allowed." Do 911 shrouds work with OE End Castings?

SCOREs rulebook has had a lot of verbiage go missing over the years. Here is a screen shot of SNOREs online rulebook which was originated from when SCORE came up with this rule.

IMG_4236.jpg

yamaducci

Reaction
Why would you not run a series that has great racing and is dirt cheap compared to BITD or SCORE because of the fan shroud? You don't need the 911 shroud with 9:1 CR and you lose HP running the larger 911 fan anyway. I like the way they look but they are not needed at all.

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
$3,000 Class 12 Bonus up for grabs at our upcoming Mckenzies Mayhem Jeff Quinn Memorial Race, get signed up today!