Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

Dirtman

Reaction
I hope the BAP class 12 entries get a shot in the arm the next couple weeks, kinda weak right now.

Anybody interested in building a class 12 coalition series to try and bring up car counts? Pretty sure there are a lot of cars out there but a serious lack of enthusiasm. Worked very well for us back in early 2000's to stimulate the 1600 class.. Car counts were low in all the series but after we got organized we had over 70 cars at first Pro 1600 race. I wouldn't expect we could get there with class 12 but I would be pretty happy at a third of that. Send me a PM if you would be interested.

Journee

Reaction
1600968052689.png

Looks like we have 12 entries in Class 12 so far for SNORE Battle At Primm! If we get to 15, we get to qualify on Friday too! Who else is coming? Get on that list! Shaping up to be a great battle!!!!!!

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
I hope the BAP class 12 entries get a shot in the arm the next couple weeks, kinda weak right now.

Anybody interested in building a class 12 coalition series to try and bring up car counts? Pretty sure there are a lot of cars out there but a serious lack of enthusiasm. Worked very well for us back in early 2000's to stimulate the 1600 class.. Car counts were low in all the series but after we got organized we had over 70 cars at first Pro 1600 race. I wouldn't expect we could get there with class 12 but I would be pretty happy at a third of that. Send me a PM if you would be interested.
I dont think a coalition is needed. Journee has been doing a great job staying in contact with the SNORE racers all year. We have had good 12 car counts all year, more than anyone else. The key is to get racers to commit to a series so there are cars to race all year. This is what I was working on with class 1. if you can get 10 people to commit to race all year you will have a great baseline of cars at each race. I think SNORE has had more class 1's and class 12's than any other org in 2020. We would love to have 20 12 cars at each race!! Bring em on!! And I already have a bonus lined up for class 12 for RAGE!! Just waiting to release it until after BAP!!!

Dirtman

Reaction
As I told Journee I would never intend to hurt class 12 entries at SNORE races, But I do not feel proud of 10-15 cars in class when there are dozens of cars out there. It was pretty cool 20 years ago when we suddenly had triple or more car counts in 16 class when my hero RM just put the stomping on us. But there is apparently no interest in trying to do anything different right now for class 12 so that’s fine.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Reaction
As I told Journee I would never intend to hurt class 12 entries at SNORE races, But I do not feel proud of 10-15 cars in class when there are dozens of cars out there. It was pretty cool 20 years ago when we suddenly had triple or more car counts in 16 class when my hero RM just put the stomping on us. But there is apparently no interest in trying to do anything different right now for class 12 so that’s fine.
I hear what your saying but you also mentioned “20 years ago.” So much was different 20 years ago. Being a current 12 car racer ive seen a slow increase in class 12. As we speak 3 new cars are coming out in 2020. Lou Farrar, Mike Aguilar and The “Cactus Killers car will be at Primm for his first race. Years ago racing was much cheaper.
Look at the costs of parts now. How much to buy bypasses and coil overs for a car? Well over 10k, brakes? Who would have thought 4-5k for ProAm brakes, HD Lowrance? most didnt even have a gps. Not to mention the cost of living toda. My Dad bought his home down the street from me for under 40k now you can’t buy in his neighborhood for under $700,000.
I hear you 10-15 cars isn’t record breaking but unfortunately we can’t go backwards in life. Racing is a hobby for most. Most of us 12 car guys do talk we just seem to have life situations come up during the seaso. Im pretty sure after this pandemic stuff next year im excited to hopefully have a kick butt 12 car race where we all can get together. 👍🏼
Gotta head to work now!

Katfab

Reaction
the rule changes we made 2 years ago with the low compression engine option I believed helped the class grow racing class 12 in 2015, 2016, and 2017
SNORE was lucky to get more than 6 cars to a race not named BAP or RATR now over the course of the last two years seams to be averaging 10 to 12 cars a SNORE race
I would have been racing my car this year if not for the RONA but plan to make a couple in the near future as things get back up and running

Katfab

Reaction
I dont think a coalition is needed. Journee has been doing a great job staying in contact with the SNORE racers all year. We have had good 12 car counts all year, more than anyone else. The key is to get racers to commit to a series so there are cars to race all year. This is what I was working on with class 1. if you can get 10 people to commit to race all year you will have a great baseline of cars at each race. I think SNORE has had more class 1's and class 12's than any other org in 2020. We would love to have 20 12 cars at each race!! Bring em on!! And I already have a bonus lined up for class 12 for RAGE!! Just waiting to release it until after BAP!!!
What Kind Of bonus are you guys contemplating for Rage I will be racing 6100 with a slim chance of getting the 12 car out there

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
Hi All! You can pencil in one more 12 car for RATR and hopefully more races in the future. Finally getting back in the game and just started a new 12 team. We ran the PCI 300 but DNF'd. Had a lot of fun though. Hope to meet some of you soon! Cheers!
cac99177-9be7-4566-97c6-375a3a16ca88.jpg

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
What Kind Of bonus are you guys contemplating for Rage I will be racing 6100 with a slim chance of getting the 12 car out there
We have a $2,000 bonus up for rage. From 24/7 Companies!

C.Harvey

Reaction
I'm selling my Raceco single-seat 12 car if anyone is interested. I'll be posting it in the Classifieds soon. $27,500 It has low-compression 2110cc engine and a Mendeola sequential 6-speed.

Attachments