Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
the bigger tires will reduce the harsh ride. They will wear spindle bushings and the life of arms will decrease. The faster you go the more you're going to spend in maintenance. You will have to gear for the 35's. Other wise your engine will be a turd except when you're going down a hill.
Thank you, Zac! That all makes total sense. I appreciate the advice. By the way, your car always looks great! :cool:

tapeworm

Reaction
There isn’t a lighter setup than a Yokohama on a centerline, but headlocks will add weight. Your tire combination isn’t that far off. Chad Cummings has won the past 2 SNORE overall championships on a 7.50-16 front tire and 33 or 35 and 15 inch rim in the back. It’s all about car setup and driver preference though.

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
There isn’t a lighter setup than a Yokohama on a centerline, but headlocks will add weight. Your tire combination isn’t that far off. Chad Cummings has won the past 2 SNORE overall championships on a 7.50-16 front tire and 33 or 35 and 15 inch rim in the back. It’s all about car setup and driver preference though.
Thank you for that info! I appreciate it. Maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way. I'm probably getting too excited about the Class 10 look it gives the cars. Smoothing out the ride would be nice though and I'm hoping it will improve getting through heavy silt. I've also seen a couple cars with 33" Super diggers front and back. I wonder how that works in comparison. Obviously would keep us from having to re-gear if we did do the 35's.

JWHracing

Reaction
Other options are 32" or 33" utv tires. I've seen a few 12s on the 32" bfg, as well as the 33" tensors. I ran superdiggers on all 4 corners on my baja and loved it, just hated the cost of tires that didn't last very long and weren't true to size. been running 32x10 gladiator atr's for a few seasons now and love them. if i could afford them i'd definitely go to the bfg or tensor.

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
Other options are 32" or 33" utv tires. I've seen a few 12s on the 32" bfg, as well as the 33" tensors. I ran superdiggers on all 4 corners on my baja and loved it, just hated the cost of tires that didn't last very long and weren't true to size. been running 32x10 gladiator atr's for a few seasons now and love them. if i could afford them i'd definitely go to the bfg or tensor.
Cool! Thank you for all the info! I hadn't heard of the Gladiators before, but the price sure is right. And those Tensor 33's are super light. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Zac Reish

Reaction
If you have a plenum engine less aggressive tread would be the direction you want to take not only to be able to stay in the power band but to reduce stress on trans

Post specs weight and pics of the car.

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
Thanks, Zac. I attached a couple pics of her. It currently has a 2276 low-comp that we just blew up at the Legacy Baja Nevada. We are about to do our first bare frame prep and go through everything, including the trans. We have never weighed it, but I'm thinking it's relatively heavy. It's an older chassis and is built pretty stout. Any advice is much appreciated!

IMG_1666.jpg
SLASH X 2021 FRAME.png

brad inch

Reaction
when you have it apart it would be a good time to lighting it.cut off any old mounts and anything you dont need.way cheaper way to go faster than buying tires ,wheels ,trans,. good luck ,looks like a great car.

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
Thanks, Brad! That's a great idea. I'm sure we'll find some extraneous stuff to get rid of and/or re-do. There's probably several pounds of black Krylon hiding who knows what. But other than our motor problems, the car has been really fun and reliable.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Isn't that the car the guys from Oceanside raced? The Palapa patio builder guys? If it is, then yes, it's heavy for the class.

Mbagraves

Reaction
Not a computer person so not sure if I’m doing this correctly, looking for advice on a builder for a class 12 chassis and rear arms, thanks for any help

Mbagraves

Reaction
Two seat or single seat ?
Two, I have an old chenowth genesis with a type 4, just thinking out loud but wanted to entertain swapping over the engine, pick up a 2D trans and try and swap over as much as possible, everyone is telling me to go side by side want not really into that

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
Isn't that the car the guys from Oceanside raced? The Palapa patio builder guys? If it is, then yes, it's heavy for the class.
It's entirely possible. I don't know. The previous owner may have bought it from them? I did hear it was a Baja 2000 finisher, possibly on the podium. Car was originally built in Florida. Was supposedly one of three built.

chino

Reaction
FRT 1212 Racing Team from TJ Mexico will and have plans to be back racing for next year after a long pause due to waiting for better and more safe times to get back to racing and do what we love which is Desert Racing

We will dust off the Class 12 Race Car and are making plans as to what series and what races to be in, but the most important thing is that we all are healthy and in good shape to get back at it.

Stay Safe and looking forward to make some dust in 2022.

Zac Reish

Reaction
FRT 1212 Racing Team from TJ Mexico will and have plans to be back racing for next year after a long pause due to waiting for better and more safe times to get back to racing and do what we love which is Desert Racing

We will dust off the Class 12 Race Car and are making plans as to what series and what races to be in, but the most important thing is that we all are healthy and in good shape to get back at it.

Stay Safe and looking forward to make some dust in 2022.

It’s july. There’s a lot of 2021 left. What are you waiting for?