• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

jim_moulton

Cheater and Team Parkhouse are busy getting ready for the Baja 1000. I'm not sure why BITD doesn't get more interest in class 1100. We still have our plenum motor we would run if Brent decided to run any BITD races. Brents not sure what we will be doing next year in the 12 car, maybe some local races.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Cheater and Team Parkhouse are busy getting ready for the Baja 1000. I'm not sure why BITD doesn't get more interest in class 1100. We still have our plenum motor we would run if Brent decided to run any BITD races. Brents not sure what we will be doing next year in the 12 car, maybe some local races.
Hi Jim, good to hear from you! I know you guys are busy as heck! I also know the score IRT BITD with you guys and the decision to run the SCORE series this past year. Chat with Brent and let us know what he thinks about next year's schedule.

Personally, I don't think we are going to be series loyal next year like we were this year, to catch up financially. Thinking about cherry-picking some marquis events next year, so an idea of some focused class-12 events might work for us as a team...

Tell Cheater I said hey...

McCredie A

Any takers on 1000.00 side bet for HDRA race --\m/-Stumpys Dude Ranch class 12 #1201 \m/
After they take a look at the front bumper in the pic i think a lot of people will reconsider taking that deal. Nice looking car and you can tell it knows how to work its way through the pack.

Zac Reish

Has nothing to do with a side bet. It just annoys me to see you promote your team while your trash other people's vehicles with no remorse. I know my car wasn't the first or the last you've drilled. Enjoy being a dirty driver.

rusco

Still believe that amature's that use preventable nerfing, are compensating for something?? Old discussion.

chickenlips

After they take a look at the front bumper in the pic i think a lot of people will reconsider taking that deal. Nice looking car and you can tell it knows how to work its way through the pack.
No worries. That happened when they backed off the trailer!

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
OK, I'm in on this nerfing issue, though it obviously is not unique to class-12...

1) Nerfing is not a sport!! Racing is not where you can take out your personal road-rage aggressions...this is professional racing, so be professional.
2) Nerfing in off-road desert racing is not as necessary as some would like you to believe.
3) Nerfing is not the first thing you should try when passing...
4) If you know how to drive, you should be able to nerf someone without doing a whole heck of a lot of damage!
5) The car is required to have a "Loud" horn for a reason.
6) If you damage another's car while intentionally nerfing them, anything more than a dented tube, you should be responsible for the damages.
7) Off-road racing is not Mad Max and is not "by design" a contact sport...
8) MORE often enacts a NO NERFING rule during races...I never hear anyone complain when they do.
9) I have been nerfed by guys who know what they are doing and those who do not...
10) I rarely really need to nerf someone to make a pass, though it does happen occasionally.
11) It is in your best interest to both have a strong rear bumper and listen and lookout for passing vehicles.
12) It is often in your best interest to be patient when passing.
13) The only guys who will wholly respond negatively to this string of thought probably have a small wanker, have not really raced much, or have anger management issues in real life and act out their aggressive fantasies while racing.

Let the games begin...

Rory

Crayola Killer
OK, I'm in on this nerfing issue, though it obviously is not unique to class-12...

1) Nerfing is not a sport!! Racing is not where you can take out your personal road-rage aggressions...this is professional racing, so be professional.
2) Nerfing in off-road desert racing is not as necessary as some would like you to believe.
3) Nerfing is not the first thing you should try when passing...
4) If you know how to drive, you should be able to nerf someone without doing a whole heck of a lot of damage!
5) The car is required to have a "Loud" horn for a reason.
6) If you damage another's car while intentionally nerfing them, anything more than a dented tube, you should be responsible for the damages.
7) Off-road racing is not Mad Max and is not "by design" a contact sport...
8) MORE often enacts a NO NERFING rule during races...I never hear anyone complain when they do.
9) I have been nerfed by guys who know what they are doing and those who do not...
10) I rarely really need to nerf someone to make a pass, though it does happen occasionally.
11) It is in your best interest to both have a strong rear bumper and listen and lookout for passing vehicles.
12) It is often in your best interest to be patient when passing.
13) The only guys who will wholly respond negatively to this string of thought probably have a small wanker, have not really raced much, or have anger management issues in real life and act out their aggressive fantasies while racing.

Let the games begin...
I would agree with this but maybe if you used the term "Abusive Nerfing". Nerfing is part of our sport and when I say nerfing I mean the faster car gives a light tap to let you know you were there. The only cars I've ever heard behind me are V8's with loud throaty motors. I can't hear a horn if my class 12 motor is screaming at 7000 rpms and most likely neither can you. I'm not that agressive so I tend to be a little patient when behind someone but the problem with that is the longer you are in someones dust the more the odds are in your favor to hit something you can't see. I've seen footage of Steven Eugieno (class 12) come up behind a slower vehicle and not even hit his horn, just went straight to the rear bumper and gave him a nice little tap, probably no more than a scratch on his bumper....the guy waved, and within 5-6 seconds was pulled over and let him by as Eugieno waved as he went by. Most guys would sit behind that car for about a minute or 2 trying to get the attention of the other driver (honking, moving over so the slower guy could see him better in his mirror) which is pretty much what I use to do when racing, but after watching the way he did it, i think it's a lot better.

I've nerfed maybe a handful of cars while racing in my career and only ONE of those was a little harder than I wanted to because the guy in front checked up. I have been nerfed more than my fair share also but most of those were subtle taps. Nerfing is part of the sport, leave it alone, but ABUSIVE NERFING is a different story. Nerfing that results in damaging a race car so it cannot continue on in the race or causing the other to crash, flip or roll over should be dealt with more severely.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
I would agree with this but maybe if you used the term "Abusive Nerfing". Nerfing is part of our sport and when I say nerfing I mean the faster car gives a light tap to let you know you were there. .
Well said Rory.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Amendment: If the A S S C L O W N infront of you does not want to move over and Jackrabbits on you, all bets are off. Don't be surprised when the back of your car is caved in because a guy who was pushing the envelope trying to get to your rear bumper and finally gets there that you decide to pick up the pace and run. You can, just don't be butt hurt when you get punted..........

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Amendment: If the A S S C L O W N infront of you does not want to move over and Jackrabbits on you, all bets are off. Don't be surprised when the back of your car is caved in because a guy who was pushing the envelope trying to get to your rear bumper and finally gets there that you decide to pick up the pace and run. You can, just don't be butt hurt when you get punted..........
Again, well said. If someone has the metal to drive through your dust to catch you, gives a light love tap and then the catch takes off...well, the second love-tap might not be so nice...I still don't think it is open season, so to speak, but LOOK OUT!

My reference is to the other assclown who lives to bash into folks as sport. Yes, accidents do happen, but there are some who just live to run into everyone the catch; often they do this without a honk or with total disreguard for where the catch happened. Example, if you catch someone in a ravine, or in a big rock-garden, or on a road continually lined with 1-2 foot boulders, or the only other line is a silt-bed...ya just need to wait it out until there is a place for the poor fool you caught to pull over.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen a no-talent hack driving a class-1 or TT with 35-39" tires, 500+HP and 25"+ travel at all corners, come up behind a limited car when there are two tracks and give the poor bastard a good boot for sport, or for whatever reason, rather than jump to the other track and blaze by without having to hesitate...