Class 12 /1100/ SCORE Lites ONLY Thread

craigincali

RDC Crypto
No, they bolt right up.. I use a 2 degree arm. I have him do custom arms for me because I need / want my stops built into the arm prior to heat treating and I changed the gusset a little to suit my application. Just tell him what size thru rod you use and its a done deal... his customer service is excellent and is very willing to build an arm to suite your needs.

The arms are machined different than Foddrills. The part that goes into the beam and arm are one piece, not welded together like Foddrills. I am telling you, I had 3000+ miles on a set (uppers are still perfect) with a 2.4 Ecotec motor in the car and they were fine. I cracked checked them after every race with zero problems until Dec. They were hard Baja / San Felipe miles on them with a bigger motor than a 12 car and they lasted way longer than Fods. My last set of Foddrills lasted 250 Miles ~~~!!

Call Brandon and talk to him, he is very personable and friendly. He is a straight shooter and a pleasure to deal with.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
BTW, I have two lower Foddrill left arms...keep breaking right arms. Does anyone have a extra right arm to trade out so I can have a complete backup set?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dirtman

RDC Crypto
Switched to Latest arms last year. I believe they will last a long time. Car was purchased with a set of Fodrill arms that may have been custom built in late 90s or early 2000's and they used a very extra heavy wall tubing for the portion that rides in the beam, very similar to the Latest. These were way heavier than regular Fodrill arms. Never broke one of those but replaced with new Fodrills "just to be safe" since we did not know history of the arms. Not only broke every one of those newer arms (eventually 2 sets) over the course of the next few races but broke lots of link pins also. Pretty much broke an arm or link pin every race. Asked Fodrill to build a set with the thicker tubing but they were unable to find that material. Went back to the very old "heavy duty" Fodrills and stopped breaking arms and link pins and haven't broke one since. I think the lighter tubing that Fodrill normally uses not only break right at the end of the beam like we are all so familiar with but before they break they allow enough deflection that link pins are twisted and broken off prematurely. The link pins handle the shear load just fine but don't like to bend. Bought the Latest arms last year and dimension wise they are identical to the old Foddrill arms including the thicker tube inside the beam.

And BTW, hats off to all the finishers at Ridecrest. I was one of the first out breaking a shock eye before Pit A. Freak hit of a rock directly on the shock eye that broke it in half. Didn't have a spare so day was over. Obviously a tough course out there as so many more DNFd later and great job to the finishers for managing their equipment better than the rest of us!

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Switched to Latest arms last year. I believe they will last a long time. Car was purchased with a set of Fodrill arms that may have been custom built in late 90s or early 2000's and they used a very extra heavy wall tubing for the portion that rides in the beam, very similar to the Latest. These were way heavier than regular Fodrill arms. Never broke one of those but replaced with new Fodrills "just to be safe" since we did not know history of the arms. Not only broke every one of those newer arms (eventually 2 sets) over the course of the next few races but broke lots of link pins also. Pretty much broke an arm or link pin every race. Asked Fodrill to build a set with the thicker tubing but they were unable to find that material. Went back to the very old "heavy duty" Fodrills and stopped breaking arms and link pins and haven't broke one since. I think the lighter tubing that Fodrill normally uses not only break right at the end of the beam like we are all so familiar with but before they break they allow enough deflection that link pins are twisted and broken off prematurely. The link pins handle the shear load just fine but don't like to bend. Bought the Latest arms last year and dimension wise they are identical to the old Foddrill arms including the thicker tube inside the beam.

And BTW, hats off to all the finishers at Ridecrest. I was one of the first out breaking a shock eye before Pit A. Freak hit of a rock directly on the shock eye that broke it in half. Didn't have a spare so day was over. Obviously a tough course out there as so many more DNFd later and great job to the finishers for managing their equipment better than the rest of us!

I'll say I managed to hit the biggest and most unmoveable rock there was. Tore the passenger side rear about a foot and a half back. Definitely was not a smooth move on my part. I want revenge on that course but I almost think the guaranteed damage no matter how clean your race is it's not worth it to have to replace almost every part on the car after 250 miles.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
1215e_DSC0007-(ZF-8629-62651-1-001).jpg

Is it the location? The entry fees? Something else?

For me, I think it is the stiff entry fees. It is painful considering that class-12 was established at SCORE.

Entries posted as of Wednesday:

1288 Caleb Sanden
/Cameron Sanden, Imperial, Calif., Curry

1211 Manuel Castro/Craig Smith, Brawley, Calif./Todd Pankratz, El Centro, Calif., Seagrove

Rick 1634

RDC Crypto
Most likey the combination of high entry fee and low entrant numbers. Was considering racing Plaster City since my car came back from Ridgecrest in one piece. Just couldnt swallow $1800 to race against 2 cars, so were headed to the Loorrs race in Lake Elsinore this weekend.

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Number 1 is the cost to go 250 miles. If it wasn't people would have not ran ridge crest they would have held out for score. Plaster city is a blast but not at $10 a mile for a lap race.

I think the SCORE SF 250 TV coverage was some of the best the community has seen and will get even better. I hope SCORE can make some money on ratings possibly enough to offset entry fees for the teams to actually enter the race. I feel like a bitch for saying but one can only hope. I can't complain though because there are several organizations putting on great races in very fun locations.

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
I would think any organization that is the subject or brand of the show would make money from tv coverage no matter what TV Network is covering. Not That SCORE is on the same level but I would think that NASCAR receives royalties from the endless shows that cover it. NFL coverage? I guess that's why. Do you think they don't?

Erik Irvine

RDC Crypto
Website
www.FinishLineWELD.com
Last race the alternator light came on half way through the race and stayed on the remainder of the race. It wasn't the full brightness it is when the engines off, maybe half as bright. The GPS still read voltage so I kept racing. When I got home I changed out the dummy light which didn't help so then I wired a light straight out of the alternator to bypass cars wire loom. Still did the same thing.

Has anybody had the indicator light supply portion of the alternator go bad, but the alternator still work? I've never heard of this, wondering if I'm out in left field.

RDC Crypto
Last race the alternator light came on half way through the race and stayed on the remainder of the race. It wasn't the full brightness it is when the engines off, maybe half as bright. The GPS still read voltage so I kept racing. When I got home I changed out the dummy light which didn't help so then I wired a light straight out of the alternator to bypass cars wire loom. Still did the same thing.

Has anybody had the indicator light supply portion of the alternator go bad, but the alternator still work? I've never heard of this, wondering if I'm out in left field.

Bad diodes.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
My old backup alternator does that. It still functioned perfectly otherwise. I haven't been able to find just the electrical circuit part to fix it myself anywhere. Does anyone have a source?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

A&SCHASE1

Hero
RDC Crypto
here are some pics of our new 2110cc low comp engine. we are heading out to plaster city early sat morning for some testing and tuning.

Attachments

• engine 4.JPG
    engine 4.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 559
  • engine1.JPG
    engine1.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 555
  • engine 8.JPG
    engine 8.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 592
  • engine 6.JPG
    engine 6.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 548
  • class 12.JPG
    class 12.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 555

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Rick, I liked that Presidents of the United States tune in your video... I also loved how you tweaked that tiny little front bumper with some nerfing action...LOL! :)

So what gives??? Is there any info or results from "all" those class-12 SCORE racers? Who won? Final entry list? Anyone? Anyone?

Who is racing Cedar City? How about The MORE race??

Is anyone else having problems loading pics/files on here? My mobile tapatalk app is also acting upl.

SKM Built

RDC Crypto

Ramsey is right with the diodes being bad or melted. I had this same problem a few times. my alternator rebuild guy found some 50 amp diodes and replaced the original ones which I believe are 25 amp.