Class 2000 Battle at Primm Shootout

J Prich

Reaction
I know the mood these days is very anti new class, but last year SNORE opened up a leaf sprung sportsman class to provide an avenue for guys who weren't quite ready to tackle the 1400 beasts and this year 20+ entries suggests there is significant interest in the class.

Class 3 and Class 7S are all but dead these days and the days of a competitive leaf sprung truck in 1400 have been gone for a long, long time. But thanks to SNORE those garage built, budget based leaf sprung guys have found a home and they will be out in force in the biggest leaf sprung truck race in years.

Big thanks to Jim and the fine folks at Deaver Springs for offering up a free set of leaf springs for the big winner. Looking forward to an outstanding leaf sprung truck battle with much more to come this year!

F2469926.jpg

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Too bad class 3 and class 7s trucks are not legal for class 2000.
Neither of these classes required functioning hinged doors nor leafs with front solid mount.

FCORR

Reaction
Neither of these classes required functioning hinged doors nor leafs with front solid mount.

Not all Class 3 and 7S trucks will break these rules, there are still plenty of trucks that were built for other classes that are sitting collecting dust because they have no one to race with...this is a great opportunity to have some real competition again.

And major kudos to Deaver for stepping up! I wish I had the cash flow to race, I'd be there too! Maybe next year?

sirhk100

Reaction

It's a sportsman class in SNORE... Not exactly the pinacle of being sticklers for minor rule issues like if you're door has hinges still or not. Fiberglass cabs, sure, people might complain but if you have door skins that are dzus'd on or something, show up and run it. I'm pitting for a 7S truck that is probably a little bit outside of the rule book but the fact it's still on coil springs with a shock next to it and they just slapped a bit longer of a limit strap up front to gain a bit of extra travel over the 12"... I doubt if they win it's gonna be cause of their doors. LOL I really think spirit of the class would accept just about any 7S or 3 truck.

J Prich

Reaction
I know the mood these days is very anti new class, but last year SNORE opened up a leaf sprung sportsman class to provide an avenue for guys who weren't quite ready to tackle the 1400 beasts and this year 20+ entries suggests there is significant interest in the class.

Class 3 and Class 7S are all but dead these days and the days of a competitive leaf sprung truck in 1400 have been gone for a long, long time. But thanks to SNORE those garage built, budget based leaf sprung guys have found a home and they will be out in force in the biggest leaf sprung truck race in years.

Big thanks to Jim and the fine folks at Deaver Springs for offering up a free set of leaf springs for the big winner. Looking forward to an outstanding leaf sprung truck battle with much more to come this year!

F2469926.jpg
Not sure why I can't edit, but my humble apologies to Mr. Jeff Deaver as I wrote "Jim" above. Deaver is the best in the business when it comes to leaf springs and it's great to have their support for this class!

milestonemotorsports

Reaction

Why would'nt a 7s be legal in class 2000 they are under built for the class. I have raced my 7s in MOREs class 2000 and won

Anger Issues

Reaction
Uh... my Class 3 Bronco is very legal for this class and raced it twice last year. It is a super fun and competitive class and my Deaver springs rock! Welcome Jeff to the party and thanks for supporting us!

J Prich

Reaction
9 starters one year ago, 23 pre entered so far this year.

J Prich

Reaction
Are you going to make it to this one Jason? I can give you and Khris a hand.
Appreciate the offer but unfortunately no BAP for us, we're saving it for the Mint!

Khris will be out for the weekend though helping out Cole Andrews.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Chris built a new class 3 that had to have some changes made to the rules to be legal for that class. He lobbied SCORE and got the changes made so he wouldn't have to run in class 8. And, every 7s truck built to the rules would be legal in 2000. floater leaf set-ups are not legal in 7s. Neither are fiberglass cabs. I think the 2000 class is going to get big, atleast, until they start pushing to change the rules to cut off the rear frames and use fiberglass cabs and coilovers instead of leafs in the rear!

FCORR

Reaction
Chris built a new class 3 that had to have some changes made to the rules to be legal for that class. He lobbied SCORE and got the changes made so he wouldn't have to run in class 8. And, every 7s truck built to the rules would be legal in 2000. floater leaf set-ups are not legal in 7s. Neither are fiberglass cabs. I think the 2000 class is going to get big, atleast, until they start pushing to change the rules to cut off the rear frames and use fiberglass cabs and coilovers instead of leafs in the rear!

Haha, I hope that never happens. But I do agree with you, this class has potential to be very big, especially if all the old Class 3's, 7s's, Stock Fulls, Jeep Speeds, and old leaf sprung 1450's get dusted off and their owners realize that there is real, legitimate competition for them again. This class has got me excited to race again, now I just need the budget to do so...haha

J Prich

Reaction
No set of rules will make everyone happy obviously but hopefully the class is able to find some kind of happy medium that allows the class to be as inclusive as possible but still has some basic limits to keep the class relatively competitive and fair. 1450 is a great class and has progressed incredibly but I think there is some incentive to have a sportsman truck clas with a few modest rules to keep the cost threshold down. Hard to say where it will be 5 years from now but as of now it's clear that there is interest.

lvsteve

Reaction
I was in the process of building a 7s but now im thinking of going this route as there is more competition.

JCA

Reaction
I was in the process of building a 7s but now im thinking of going this route as there is more competition.
Check the most current rules for each series out. I think if you built a BITD 7s legal truck you would be a legal 7s or 2000 truck everywhere.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

J Prich

Reaction
Check the most current rules for each series out. I think if you built a BITD 7s legal truck you would be a legal 7s or 2000 truck everywhere.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Agreed. While SNORE's Class 2000 rules for this year are not completely officially official, at least as I understand it, a 7S truck from any other series in most cases will be legal. Unless there are a lot of fiberglass cab 7S's.

Also, BITD 7100 (7S) is really NOT like the old 7S any more. They opened up the rules a fair amount to spur more competition and I suspect there are at least a handful of current Class 2000 trucks that would likely be BITD 7100 legal if they wanted to race the "big" races in a pro class (ourselves included I hope!).

SpeedBump

Reaction
While SNORE's Class 2000 rules for this year are not completely officially official, at least as I understand it, a 7S truck from any other series in most cases will be legal. Unless there are a lot of fiberglass cab 7S's.

SNORE's Class rules are listed in detail on their web site. Do you mean that some of the rules for Class 2000 won't be enforced this year?

lvsteve

Reaction
Agreed. While SNORE's Class 2000 rules for this year are not completely officially official, at least as I understand it, a 7S truck from any other series in most cases will be legal. Unless there are a lot of fiberglass cab 7S's.

Also, BITD 7100 (7S) is really NOT like the old 7S any more. They opened up the rules a fair amount to spur more competition and I suspect there are at least a handful of current Class 2000 trucks that would likely be BITD 7100 legal if they wanted to race the "big" races in a pro class (ourselves included I hope!).

There is no fiberglass cabs allowed in 7s, with the new rule changes for BITD for 7100 it seams some of the 2000 SNORE trucks would qualify for that class, pretty sure yours would make the cut.

J Prich

Reaction
SNORE's Class rules are listed in detail on their web site. Do you mean that some of the rules for Class 2000 won't be enforced this year?

No, i just mean I'm not sure those are the "complete" rules. They are obviously updated from 2013 but there is at least one item left outstanding. I don't claim to be in that loop though so maybe this IS the official rules, but there is one rule change item that was discussed at length that doesn't appear to be addressed in those rules and I'm not sure if that matter has been settled or not yet.

***EDIT*** Which reminds me, SNORE general membership meeting tonight!

HOONracing

Reaction
We will be racing our Class 3 Score legal bronco at BAP and plan on running most of the class 2000 season. I think this is a great class for class 3 to compete. We are really looking forward to this race.
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1392152160.020917.jpg

Follow us on HoonRacing.net or Facebook.com/HoonRacing