• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 2000 questions

Kfalcon

Hello all. What is the current state of the 2000 class? Are there enough entries consistently to make is fun? I am close to moving to the rear of a full size truck build and I dont have the funds to run with the 1400 class mini TTs, so I was thinking 2000 was a good fit. I just wanted to be sure there was a decent turn out for the class.

What other series has a leaf spring class like the 2000 class?

Thank you!

J Prich

SNORE/MORE both have the Class 2000 you're talking about. To clarify, BITD has a Class 2000 but it's not the sportsman truck class you're talking about. You're probably better off checking out Dezert Rangers, a better source of info for that class than here. Also there is a Class 2000 Racing FB page that might be useful to you as well.

There were 20 trucks signed up in Class 2000 at Battle at Primm. The numbers go down a bit for the other races but turn out for BAP and RATR are always good.

TRichards

Class 2000 in BITD are 1/2 1600 buggies.
SNORE/MORE class 2000 is leaf spring trucks with open front end. Seems to be good entries for shorter races.
What kind of truck are you building?

bobsson

SNORE/MORE both have the Class 2000 you're talking about. To clarify, BITD has a Class 2000 but it's not the sportsman truck class you're talking about. You're probably better off checking out Dezert Rangers, a better source of info for that class than here. Also there is a Class 2000 Racing FB page that might be useful to you as well.

There were 20 trucks signed up in Class 2000 at Battle at Primm. The numbers go down a bit for the other races but turn out for BAP and RATR are always good.
Dezert Rangers site is going down the toilet. It's having lots or errors loading things as simple as the banner.

The FB page is a lot better, plus you can always contact SNORE/MORE directly to find out.

J Prich

Dezert Rangers site is going down the toilet. It's having lots or errors loading things as simple as the banner.

The FB page is a lot better, plus you can always contact SNORE/MORE directly to find out.
Agreed, just saying there is a better chance to connect with actual Class 2000 guys and get relevant info on DR than here. Build threads, etc.

KTB Racing

I think the class is doing pretty well right now. The entries are pretty consistent throughout the year and definitely go up for BAP and RATR. I know there are also quite a few trucks being built for SNORE/MORE. If you are building a truck for this class but plan on racing in another series such as BITD or SCORE pay close attention to the rules because they are not all the same.

In SNORE and MORE class 2000 is an open leaf spring class where the only rules are steel cab, working doors, and leaf springs. Most of the trucks racing now are on a somewhat level playing field, but with the open rules I'm afraid it might get out of hand soon with the level of some trucks being built. I know of several Rangers being built with LS motors that are going to run 39's.

SCORE also has class 2000 but the rules are a bit more restrictive. BITD has 7100 which is a little more restrictive but it seems like it is gaining popularity and the rules will keep all the trucks pretty even which will make for some great competition.

Kfalcon

Thank you guys for the replies. I am building a F150 with HMs Class 8 kit with the swinger hydro assist steering. The motor is a LS / TH400, 37" tires The frame is still completely stock except for the plate reinforcements. The cage is done except for the door bars and its ready to be turned around to start the rear. Since it is still stock framed, I thought the 2000 class would be a good place to get our feet wet. I know I will be out motored by the minis being I weight more, but I am mostly looking for a place to learn and Im not too concerned about where I place. Im more concerned with racing in a class where there are a field of trucks and that the field of trucks aren't mini TTs like the 1400 class where I would have no chance :)

CMA GUMBY

THIS ^^^ is a good way to start racing. Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

J Prich

Thank you guys for the replies. I am building a F150 with HMs Class 8 kit with the swinger hydro assist steering. The motor is a LS / TH400, 37" tires The frame is still completely stock except for the plate reinforcements. The cage is done except for the door bars and its ready to be turned around to start the rear. Since it is still stock framed, I thought the 2000 class would be a good place to get our feet wet. I know I will be out motored by the minis being I weight more, but I am mostly looking for a place to learn and Im not too concerned about where I place. Im more concerned with racing in a class where there are a field of trucks and that the field of trucks aren't mini TTs like the 1400 class where I would have no chance :)
Class 2000 is exactly what you described so game on!

Kfalcon

Awesome thanks for all the info guys. Got a new set of deavers and Im hoping to turn the truck around soon! class 2000 inc :)

ColeA

Honestly I think the way to go (before you stated your current build) is to build a truck to BITD 7100 rules and race it in 2000. That way when and if you want to enter a BITD race your legal and won't have to enter in the sportsman unlimited class. Plus 7100 is gaining lot more popularity.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

KTB Racing

Honestly I think the way to go (before you stated your current build) is to build a truck to BITD 7100 rules and race it in 2000. That way when and if you want to enter a BITD race your legal and won't have to enter in the sportsman unlimited class. Plus 7100 is gaining lot more popularity.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Yes that makes the most sense to me too. My truck is still 7100 legal so I can race in BITD when I have the means and experience to do so.

Bro_Gill

And your truck is legal for every racing org in that class? Or do you only want to race SNORE and BITD?

KTB Racing

And your truck is legal for every racing org in that class? Or do you only want to race SNORE and BITD?
As of right now I will only be running SNORE but interested in BITD in the future. I've never checked the rules for orgs other than BITD, SCORE, and SNORE/MORE but it will be legal for all of them.

Basically for those orgs I just listed if a truck is 7100/BITD legal it will be legal in every other org.

Kfalcon

It does make since to build a truck to run multiple classes if possible. For now my kids are young and the family trips are a big part of the trucks future too. I built a full size Xcab and the roll cage to be able to bolt in a bench seat for the kids when not on race duty. I have raced everything from motocross to shifter carts but never this sorta racing. While the kids are young, racing will be a "when we can" situation and as they get older, it will be a "It will be a I will be at every race" situation.

I think it makes since to get my feet wet in the 2000 class and then as the family and cash permits, I will decide where to go from there. Im trying to build the truck with the best parts I can afford so it is as reliable as possible. I know I will be out-gunned anyway due to the lack of a motor rule for the class as I cant afford a 20k dollar motor it would take to keep up with the LS3 minis... BUT as I said, Im in it for the experience for both me and the family as they are all as excited about it as I am. We get out there and do our best to finish the race and its a win in my books. I will just have to ignore the roost from the turbo charged ranger that is roosting me from 100 yards. :)

BUT, as the truck sits, if there is a better option you guys feel I can turn towards let me know. I have the deavers now but dont mind switching things up as long as its not a complete truck swap :). Tons of time in this thing as you guys know and I will see it to the end. its getting turned around this next week after I finish up the front. I just have to send the steering box off to get the stops build in, bump stop install and its ready for the rear. Let me know if Im on the right road for where I am in life and build! Sorry for the wall of text hope you got to this point! :)

J Prich

It does make since to build a truck to run multiple classes if possible. For now my kids are young and the family trips are a big part of the trucks future too. I built a full size Xcab and the roll cage to be able to bolt in a bench seat for the kids when not on race duty. I have raced everything from motocross to shifter carts but never this sorta racing. While the kids are young, racing will be a "when we can" situation and as they get older, it will be a "It will be a I will be at every race" situation.

I think it makes since to get my feet wet in the 2000 class and then as the family and cash permits, I will decide where to go from there. Im trying to build the truck with the best parts I can afford so it is as reliable as possible. I know I will be out-gunned anyway due to the lack of a motor rule for the class as I cant afford a 20k dollar motor it would take to keep up with the LS3 minis... BUT as I said, Im in it for the experience for both me and the family as they are all as excited about it as I am. We get out there and do our best to finish the race and its a win in my books. I will just have to ignore the roost from the turbo charged ranger that is roosting me from 100 yards. :)

BUT, as the truck sits, if there is a better option you guys feel I can turn towards let me know. I have the deavers now but dont mind switching things up as long as its not a complete truck swap :). Tons of time in this thing as you guys know and I will see it to the end. its getting turned around this next week after I finish up the front. I just have to send the steering box off to get the stops build in, bump stop install and its ready for the rear. Let me know if Im on the right road for where I am in life and build! Sorry for the wall of text hope you got to this point! :)
Just stay the course! I think you have a solid plan and it sounds like you've thought through all the angles here. Based on your situation it seems like you're on the right track to me.

J Prich

Thanks JP, Ill keep plugging away!
Will you have it done in time to race a SNORE race this year? While the open rules do allow for pretty much anything motor wise, so far no one has come to the line with a really ridiculous truck yet. I'm sure it will come and I'm sure some are in the works but for the most part the class still seems reasonably competitive for well built, dialed in trucks with modest power. Good luck, look forward to seeing your truck out there!

Kfalcon

It will be very close to make this season. Im shooting for BAP next year so I have plenty of time to test and tune. I hope the lack of bling factor with the leafs keeps the class as you say it is. I think its a good thing to have class like this to let the lower budget beginners get into the sport. I would think that leaf springs will also make HP less beneficial after a certain point, Dont get me wrong I know you can go real fast with leafs and please leaf guys, dont jump on me for saying that, I just mean leafs have a lower ceiling then links when it comes to performance and big HP will hit that ceiling much faster?