• Forum membership has its advantages....

class 2400 anyone here running it?

rocky4by

Looking for information on class 2400, Casey mentioned it to me and it did sound interesting, Ford is going to be paying out on 1st-3 place pretty good money, and not near as many cars as class1000/10. I can not get the Score rule book to pull up, and am not sure they allow it in there class 10?
Also any feedback on the engine performance and reliability?
Thanks, Steve.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
I'd avoid any class that is sanctioning-body specific. Read the rules and talk to the tech folks from multiple sanctioning bodies before investing money on a spec - engine class that won't translate to other sanctioning bodies cleanly. BITD did this with class 1100 water-cooled (Class-12/SCORE-lites) and kinda made a mess of things. Don't take any one sanctioning bodie's word for gospel until you independently talk to others. Additionally, read the fine print. Some sanctioning bodies (not mentioning who) will only accept sealed motors from specific engine builders; or will only accept a spec engine sourced from their supplier... BUYER BEWARE. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

ICR Racing 1044

We run a 2400 car, we used to be class 10 and we LOVE IT! We actually have 3 cars and were working on converting the second to a 2400. Who doesn't love adding HP and almost DOUBLING Torque with out adding any weight. As far as being allowed to run other associations we haven't looked to far into it, but score officials have given us the verbal over the phone "I don't see why not, it is a sealed Ecotech" but we haven't talked to them since. If they say no. simply switch in the old Ecotech and go race.
Now. The reliability might scare people away as our finishing rate, as a class, this year wasn't good, but it was our first year and we were experimenting with these turbos. however, At this point a lot of the R & D is already done and we have a lot of the bugs worked out. At BWDC 5-6 finished first day and 5-5 the second. I hope you build one we would love the car count! (even tho it lowers our chances of getting 1-3rd $$)

07FJRog

Wh
We run a 2400 car, we used to be class 10 and we LOVE IT! We actually have 3 cars and were working on converting the second to a 2400. Who doesn't love adding HP and almost DOUBLING Torque with out adding any weight. As far as being allowed to run other associations we haven't looked to far into it, but score officials have given us the verbal over the phone "I don't see why not, it is a sealed Ecotech" but we haven't talked to them since. If they say no. simply switch in the old Ecotech and go race.
Now. The reliability might scare people away as our finishing rate, as a class, this year wasn't good, but it was our first year and we were experimenting with these turbos. however, At this point a lot of the R & D is already done and we have a lot of the bugs worked out. At BWDC 5-6 finished first day and 5-5 the second. I hope you build one we would love the car count! (even tho it lowers our chances of getting 1-3rd $$)
Why would Ford be paying for a turbo sealed ECOTEC?

rocky4by

I am giving the class some serious thought, the two things that I was told about issues were the engines like to run hot and also lean to the point that the engines were toast? I didn't like hearing that. How does the engine feel driving wise, compared to the GM Ecotec 2.4 L Direct Injected?

D-rek

Be careful I personally know of two fires with these motors. One car burnt to the ground....

ICR Racing 1044

D-rek My car was one of the fires at Silver State. It was cheesy plastic fitting that connected fuel line to the top of the motor. Definitely a close call that day, lucky we had fire extinguishers or it could have been our whole car, but us along with EVERYONE since the scare at SS has fixed the fitting.

07fj I was saying sealed motor as we have to have our motor tagged by turnkey(I think it's turn key) just like before in 10

Rocky-I love the power the motor gives vs the GM. The power band is a whole new animal took some testing to get used to its a lot more torque then before.

Im not going to get to much further into this thread As I'v seen how long these Race dez arguments will go and I have to focus my daily efforts into working so I can actually paying for my car rather then talking about it. Just want to let you know We LOVE our 2400 so much were building another. You can come see us at any BITD race. were the Irish clover on the bulkhead. Good luck!

rocky4by

Thanks for the information guys, Also I did speak on the phone with several guys that know of the class and engine. Some things with the setup sounded very good and some did not. I am still going to give it some thought, but Alumicraft is building our car and they have it figured out pretty darn good, so I probably should not be changing things around. I heard class 10 will have another engine option in the next 2 seasons so might be better to see what comes available:cool:

C.J. Hutchins

We have too many classes... Hopefully this class will be the last one(probably not, but I said hopefully) BITD can come up with. Go race class 10 or class 1! Oh wait just got word ford is coming out with a new tri turbo 2 cylinder gas electric hybrid engine, word is it will be class 9900.