Class 5-1600/600

Status
Not open for further replies.

martininsocal

Reaction
Ok, after many races with the class split, it appears the class should have never been split. Instead of 10 cars in class, you have 3-4 and 5-6. And an old school 5-1600 has been the fastest pretty much everytime. I say make it 1 class next year.

btshannon

Reaction
I agree. I don't think that the microstubs really provide an advantage on the track. I think the raal advantage that the microstubs provide is easier and cheaper maintenance.

I believe that the same thing will be said about 1600's that run 4-wheel disc brakes.

DMSRACE

Reaction
Why don't they just limit the wheel travel? Wouldn't that make it more competitive?

WFODAN

Reaction
This topic has been hammered to death by people that don't even race the class . As was stated before about ten times ..... This was the racers solution for the whinners that were upset about the micro stubs . Next year the new rules will either allow it or not . This class was made for the rest of this year by the racers that race 5-1600s . MDR just went along with them . I'm sure that the same person that brought up the question of why there are the two classes will do it again after the next race . Let it rest and race !!!!

Hmmmm let's see ........ 10 cars in one class or half and half in each class ?? Seems like the racers didn't leave cause of the breakup . But then again , why would they , this was their idea .

martininsocal

Reaction
Gee Dan, I guess the conversation that some of us had atthe track about recombining the class is pointless. Seems some who race the class were never approached about the split. That person is leading class 600 and spanking the 550's. Maybe the 550's don't want to lose their cash to an "old car".

kurt

Reaction
I've talked to a few others that were not approached about the split either. Personally I was called and asked my opinion, I said go by the SCORE rule book and keep it one class - heck and my 5-1600 is as old school as they get. You can run a micro-stub car in SCORE races, so be it, leave it 1 class. What irks me is the person who called me was not an MDR official, just another racer, they could have told MDR whatever results they wanted as to their "survey" of 5-1600 racers. IMHO - 1 rule book 1 class, simple as that! ----- Can't wait for the disc brake controversy next year! Heck we'll have 3 5-1600 class'es, at that point I'm going to get my own class started limited to non micro-stub, non disc brake, red 5-1600's, with dented roof, running yokohama tires and F&L Fuel.

BugRacer

Reaction
Dan, If you don't want to read this page, don't read it!!!!! Beleave it or not some people realy care what happends to the 5-1600 class, and want to talk about it!! If you don't want to read it, stay on the Dan Vance page. Hmmmmm let's see, I still, still don't think Dan has all the right info on this. Some of us are leaving after the season! Dan let it go, and move on !! As far as the limiting of the wheel travel I don't think it would solve the problem or make it more or less competitive. Also it would cause a problem, with what the limit on the limit would be, because of all the other stuff that you can do to get more travel. Micro-stubs are a small part. Martinsocal, come on spanking? You have to give the 550 cars more credit than that. In what way do you think the leader in the 600 class is spanking us? I also have a question to the 600 / 5-1600 racers, Why would you race in the 600 class and say you want to keep it one class? Why don't you sign up with the 5-1600's, not the 600's? Then there would be more 5-1600's than the 600's. If you sign up with the 5-1600's, It would help keep us one class!!!!!!! Why can't people see that? I think that most of the people that race in the 600 class don't want to race the fast cars in the 5-1600 class. That's why there were 4 cars in 5-1600, and 9 cars in 600. Art and Guy Savedra are the only guys who do what they say is the right move! Art is teaching his son a good leason, do what you know is right, don't say one thing and do something else. Art and Guy thank you for helping keep the 5-1600's one class! <font color="yellow"> </font color>

BugRacer

Reaction
Kurt, very good point, I did not like the way MDR did it. 3 classes I like that!!! lol lol <font color="yellow"> </font color>

TimHayosh

Reaction
Kurt, you forgot to stipulate that your class would only be allowed to have 3 tires inflated at any given time!
hahahaha!

WFODAN

Reaction
Jeff ,

First off , you can eat it bro !! When the same thing is posted in a public forum over and over , and all points are shown , why beat a dead horse ??

Dan Vance page ........ Hmmm that would be nice , but I'd have to limit it to no crybabies , so that means most of you are out !!

As for not getting ahold of the racers ..... Let's look at the facts ...... 4 in 550 and 9 in 600 ........ Looks like THEY didn't want to race together ..... The highest car count this year while the class was still one class was 10 cars ..... 4 plus 9 equals 13 in my book ....... Pretty clear to me . If you look back before you try to bash me , I never supported the split , and I even talked to Patricia about different solutions to avoid a split . NOBODY wanted to bend !! So the split happened ..... No sweat off my back , it's not my class . I even tried as I said to help find a solution to save the class from a split . I care about all racing bro , even your class . I offered up an idea for a restrictor plate for the micro stub cars since they all thought they were faster , or a travel limit , or even a weight regulation for the different cars . Nobody wanted to bend so MDR did what they had to do . Was it right ? Did it work ?? Remember people were telling her that if she didn't do the split then they'd race somewhere else . She did the split and has lost none of the cars . So I'll ask you again Jeff ......... Did it work ?? I think you are the one that needs to get over it bro .

Martin , my post was aimed right at your head !! All you do is cry about stuff that you have nothing to do with . Every post , every time !!! When is the last time you raced ??

The only reason I even chimmed in was because I see you talking crap blaming MDR for screwing up the class . I watched the behind the scenes of this one and you are way off !!! Like I've told you the other times you've brought this up and even up higher in this post ...... LOOK AT THE NUMBERS !!!! They are all still racing .

I'll look forward to your thread you start after the 300 again .

kurt

Reaction
Jeff - The only reason I choose to run class 600 was because of more cars in that class. Since I'm only racing the 5-1600 a few times this year I want to run against as many cars as possible at each race. I intentionally late registered to see which class was going to have more, when I registered it was a choice to run against 4 cars or 8 cars.

Tim - yea add only 3 inflated tires to my class qualifiation

martininsocal

Reaction
Dan- I raced in February. I have a 5-1600 being put together right now. There were more class 600 at this race than 550, and I spoke to several who are finishing this season and are going to MORE next year unless this class goes back together. As Kurt pointed out, it has become an issue of which class has more cars.
I am glad you can race in a class with few rules and even then, most don't apply. That is your choice, that is why it is a free country. Many of us race in classes that have rules and we make decissions on how a car goes together by those rules. We make decissions on where and when we race based on rules and implementation. Changing a rule at the last second or middle of a season has huge effects on some teams. Since we race for our own money, and car counts make a huge difference on payback, splitting classes doesn't help.

WFODAN

Reaction
First off ... Alot of buggies are going to MORE next year . kartek has been pumping their series with the money to keep it afloat for this season so who knows what will happen next season . I know I watched some of their races before Kartek got involved , and it wasn't much fun seeing a 20 car field that half of them DNFed on the first lap !!! But hey if that's the competition level you are seeking then go for it !! Also ask yourself this question ....... What series makes their own courses ?? Seems to me that everytime I go to a MORE race they aren't racing on the same courses we have to race at MDR ..... A nor B course . HMMMMMM maybe that's why the BLM is cracking down on giving us specific courses to run . They keep saying that a promoter is going out of bounds every race ... I wonder who that could be ??? I don't remember running a 25 mile course in Lucerne for ten laps before . just something to think about . You can support whatevert series you choose , you should just know the facts before you make your choice . ALL THE FACTS !!

Secondly..... We all race for our own money . Furthermore if the people racing 600 wanted to race 550 then they could very easily . It's as simple as that . They can race either to where the 600 cars can only race 600 . As I said 9 cars in 600 is alot of cars for the class . yes 13 in one class would be nicer , but that is the racers choice . It was their idea to make the split .

As for my class ..... Look at the entries !! There are two prerunner classes to choose from and everyone seems to race in just one of them . We race for trophies , no money at all , and I'd be willing to bet my last dollar you could prep you 5-1600 for half the season cheaper than it costs to prep my truck for one race . It's all about choices . I race where the numbers are . I could've linked my truck , or put a supercharger on it ( now that ART says they are legal) , or done alot of thing to make it faster , but I kept it as mild as possible . I like the challenge of racing against faster cars and winning . I think they should keep 550 together as one class . People just didn't want to get beat all the time so they cried . Look at the finishing times for this race . The 600s would have gotten smoked if it was still one class . it is their choice to choose either class . Maybe they felt pressured about talking to you about it so they said what they thought you wanted to hear at the race . I don't know . Either way , the numbers don't lie !!!

BugRacer

Reaction
One more time You don't know what your talking about!!!!! Just because you talked with Patricia does not mean you got the right story. She will tell racers what they want to hear to keep them racing at MDR. When this was going down she changed her story with me a couple of times. Dan she even gave you wrong info when she told you the change was just for this season. Remember? The one thing you did get right, is they don't want to race together.The racers that started this are using the micro-stubs to get there own class because they can't beat the fast cars. They are sick of not winning a race!!!! ( Kurt I am not putting you in that class, I know you are not one of them) We started the season with score rules, it should have ended that way. But Patricia would have lost money by losing two cars Lozano, and Bolha so she split us. I told her if she wanted to start a new class ( the 600's ) and gave them a class with out a 5 in it I would stay, and I told her I would finish the season. So as you can see there was some compromise. Dan I don't care if you support the split or not!! Like you said to martin you have nothing to do with it!!!!!!!!!! So take your own advice and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest of us want to work this out with out your two cents! That was aimed at your head! P.S. I am not your bro! Grow up! Jeff Sack 550 <font color="yellow"> </font color>

KitRacer

Reaction
I hope they make microstubs illegal, those trailing arms could work out good for my 1/2 1600

WFODAN

Reaction
Ok then Jeff ,

You must be the 5-1600 God .... I forgot that you know everything !!! Hell I think SCORE might want to call you and ask you to write their new rule book !! Did you ever open your mind for one second and think maybe you don't have all the facts straight ?? Your childish response to me was just that . I think it is you that need to grow up ( I would call you bro , but I guess that is too much for you ) Mr SACK . By the way Mr Sack fits you better anyway .

I am very glad about one thing Mr Sack ..... We get to race two more races together on the same course . Until then ..... You can still eat it !!

WFODAN

Reaction
I guess that Patricia gave bogus info to everyone , because after all , the classes grew . just maybe some racers really did call her and say that if she went threw with the split then they would come race . Nah that makes no sense ..... we had thirteen cars last race .... Oh wait .... that's more than ten . that was my point from start to finish . Also don't tell me what she said to me because you weren't there . You didn't hear her asking for any ideas on how to save the class from a split because five teams said they wouldn't race with her anymore if she didn't do it . Did you ?? So your numbers of two teams are off a bit . She was worried because you were the champion from last year and Mark was leading the overall points for this year at the time . You two were the main two they wanted out . Was it right ?? no . She really didn't want the split . She did get calls from teams that said they'd race if she made the split like I said , that just added to the whole thing . You were not the person in charge of making the right decision . She did what she thought was the best , and what the majority wanted . We can go round and round about who was called and who wasn't to get their input , but neither you nor I were there to hear it . Also , if you want to work out the class as you say , then leaving might be your best bet , because you have nothing positive to offer it .

Sometimes in life you get the raw end of the deal . The difference is how you act about it . pointing fingers and complaining does no good . Do something positive ..... Call the other guys and girls in your class and have a meeting to decide what's right . Don't cry on the internet . Get your group together and make it happen . It's not that tough . If you don't want to do anything but gripe , then youre right , pack it up and race somewhere else . That really helps the class huh ??

michael_loomis

Reaction
splitting was a rather dumb move .... but then again racing a 5/1600 seems silly to me too.

1/2 1600 is the same money , yet you go WAY faster and get more entries ! on the other hand 5/16's make bitchen prerunners , as you can lock'em up (antitheft) and way easy to street legalize.

kurt

Reaction
There is a new web-site that is for class 5-1600, trying to get a coalition together for 5-1600 racers along the lines of pro-dirt, pro-1600 etc.. It's new and fairly limited at this point (a bigger site is under constrution - I believe) but they have a board (guest sign in) where things/ideas can be discussed.
"Baja Coalition"
http://www.plunkettracing.homestead.com/bajacoalition.html

BugRacer

Reaction
I am not going to make this problem get any bigger by talking to Dan over this thread!! Dan give me a call after 11:00 wen you have my number. <font color="yellow"> </font color>

Status
Not open for further replies.