• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 5 only

Bajawillie

I just read the results from Parker. Congratulations to Willie on the win. Nice. Is that the same Crumco Chassis you bought years ago.
Thank you! Same car we bought almost 5 years ago with 5% Crumco left in it at this point. Lots of new tubes, and new rear arms.

dhjeepgeek

I figured you had cut a lot of the Crumco off it. Same for me. And I am in the process for building new rear arms.

Bajawillie

The longer rear arms made a big difference in car handling. Good luck on your build!

SpyRacing

Mint 400 race report.

Ok so race report. Ill start with 5015 my dads car. So John Carlson and Wes Moser started off the race in 5015, they had a rough start to the race. My dad rolled the car in thick dust at mile marker 5 tech about 8 miles into the race. They went ahead to roll the car back over and ended up grenading the motor at the end of lap 1. Bummer but it happens. Needs some love and then maybe a race in the near future. Now to 5090 where I rode with chris lazenby. So off the start we got the hole shot and set our sights on schweers car. Coming over the bridge to enter the desert we saw the first 6 cars all in the same area doing some very tight racing (including my dad) I realized that it wasnt going to be a dust free day since the dust looked very thick. Seconds later I heard over the radio 5015 was on its lid. So we hit the desert and haul ass to the first sharp right hand turn and boom we see my dad rolled in the outside of a sharp left about 20-30 ft after the hard right. Asked if they needed help and got the go ahead to keep racing. After entering the first dry lake bed we noticed the car was running warm 200-245 in temps. So chris just decided to short shift at 5 grand and cruise. When we made it to pit A we took on two bottles of water wetter and kept going. For the remainder of the lap chris and I were finding our lines and learning the course. When we came into pit B we got fuel and went back to it. Sadly after pit B I was noticing that I was losing my voice from the last two days on fremont street and the air conditioning in the hotel room or possibly I was sick. We made it around our first lap and now were on a mission. Chris and I hit dirt and went for it for lap two. As I noticed my voice progressively getting worse I decided it was a good idea to put Tanner Russell in my spot. Coming into pit B we were reeling schweers in and as we got to pit B we were on his bumper. Our fueling and codriver change was very much text book. Co rider was in and strapped before the fuel finished dumping. Then they were off back to chasing schweers which they passed at main pit while getting fuel. Chris drove his fastest on lap 3 trying to hold third and the cool air at night kept the car happy. They were on rails and stopped at pit B with a 10 min lead on schweers. Chris ended up sliding into a huge rock getting a flat tire. They changed it and got back on the road before schweers caught them. They rest is history finished 3rd OA with a motor that was installed on wednesday and tested thursday on the way out to the races which chris entered on sunday. Talk about a crazy week of ups and downs. One car broke but we all got 3rd.

dhjeepgeek

Mint 400 race report.

Ok so race report. Ill start with 5015 my dads car. So John Carlson and Wes Moser started off the race in 5015, they had a rough start to the race. My dad rolled the car in thick dust at mile marker 5 tech about 8 miles into the race. They went ahead to roll the car back over and ended up grenading the motor at the end of lap 1. Bummer but it happens. Needs some love and then maybe a race in the near future. Now to 5090 where I rode with chris lazenby. So off the start we got the hole shot and set our sights on schweers car. Coming over the bridge to enter the desert we saw the first 6 cars all in the same area doing some very tight racing (including my dad) I realized that it wasnt going to be a dust free day since the dust looked very thick. Seconds later I heard over the radio 5015 was on its lid. So we hit the desert and haul ass to the first sharp right hand turn and boom we see my dad rolled in the outside of a sharp left about 20-30 ft after the hard right. Asked if they needed help and got the go ahead to keep racing. After entering the first dry lake bed we noticed the car was running warm 200-245 in temps. So chris just decided to short shift at 5 grand and cruise. When we made it to pit A we took on two bottles of water wetter and kept going. For the remainder of the lap chris and I were finding our lines and learning the course. When we came into pit B we got fuel and went back to it. Sadly after pit B I was noticing that I was losing my voice from the last two days on fremont street and the air conditioning in the hotel room or possibly I was sick. We made it around our first lap and now were on a mission. Chris and I hit dirt and went for it for lap two. As I noticed my voice progressively getting worse I decided it was a good idea to put Tanner Russell in my spot. Coming into pit B we were reeling schweers in and as we got to pit B we were on his bumper. Our fueling and codriver change was very much text book. Co rider was in and strapped before the fuel finished dumping. Then they were off back to chasing schweers which they passed at main pit while getting fuel. Chris drove his fastest on lap 3 trying to hold third and the cool air at night kept the car happy. They were on rails and stopped at pit B with a 10 min lead on schweers. Chris ended up sliding into a huge rock getting a flat tire. They changed it and got back on the road before schweers caught them. They rest is history finished 3rd OA with a motor that was installed on wednesday and tested thursday on the way out to the races which chris entered on sunday. Talk about a crazy week of ups and downs. One car broke but we all got 3rd.
You say you got 3rd AO in the early race. or 3rd in class 5.