• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 5 only

McCredie A

I am changing the rear of my car. So I have the old Crumco arms and a bunch of 930 CVs and stuff from the rear. I will either recycle them or give it away. I would prefer to give it to a fellow 5 car owner who is still running a Crumco and or 930s for spare parts. I am planning on being at the September MORE/SNORE race. Let me know if anyone want this stuff. I can bring it to the Ridgecrest race. Or it can be picked up in Ojai at my house.

Some good Desert Karma is coming your way! Good on you man.

dhjeepgeek

If anyone is interested, I still have the Crumco arms. If someone is still running the 930 CRUMCO Heim joint arms. These would make good spares.

dhjeepgeek

They may make a good boat anchor. The shape would kind of work.

Bajawillie

Its been a while since I've been on here. Work has had 110% of my focus for a while and family vacations, and river trips, and fishing with my boys. I've avoided this page intentionally so as not to distract me from work stuff until now. It's good to be back! This weekend I pulled out the MD-5 and got it cleaned up to sell. I Just dropped the car off at Lothringer for the 2.5 and S5 install today. No real timeline for completion or the next race we might run. I'll be out in Lucerne to watch the race and catch up with you all. If anyone needs pit help let me know.

Attachments

swiftracing5

Also, shout out to the schweers boys on a big win this weekend. A true battle with the Subi that came down to 3 mins after 505 miles!

ErikIrvine

Its been a while since I've been on here. Work has had 110% of my focus for a while and family vacations, and river trips, and fishing with my boys. I've avoided this page intentionally so as not to distract me from work stuff until now. It's good to be back! This weekend I pulled out the MD-5 and got it cleaned up to sell. I Just dropped the car off at Lothringer for the 2.5 and S5 install today. No real timeline for completion or the next race we might run. I'll be out in Lucerne to watch the race and catch up with you all. If anyone needs pit help let me know.
Glad your back Willard!!! There was a rumor floating around that you were going through a sex change, so I am glad to hear it was work instead!!

Bajawillie

Nice car! Those front arms!!!!

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Man, with all this good karma and class activity, I might need to build a new 5 car?? Vegas to Reno had ZERO Class-1100/12 entries this year. Not unexpected at a BITD race, but I like how you guys are keeping active. I'm also jealous of how much HP you guys are wringing out of the ECOTECs...and tired of getting passed by y'all on the straights. :)

Zac Reish

Reverse is still crappy in these transmissions. It popped out when I was trying to get unstuck in that spot you guys pushed me out of. It popped out violently and literally bent the gears and broke tiny bits of the corners off the gear. When the engines running The reverse gear spins freely in nuetral and in gear. So the bent and broken gears were making the noise. Luckily the gears can be changed by pulling the front cover off.

Wright gear box diagnoses it via text and fixed it same day.

McCredie A

Dang! Happy to hear you are taken care of. Bummer that it was damaged.

dhjeepgeek

So there is now 6 signed up for the Ridgecrest race. Glad to hear Zac will make it. Bummer about the trans-axle. But you got it fixed. I am looking forward to this race. its been a year since I popped the bus box. Seems like just the other day.

Radiobirdman32

5 cars so far at the Norra 500 (Both Belk cars, Modifi in the old/new Paquette RACECO, Hap Kellog/Troy Johnson in the Fab School car and my new car) - October 10-13, 2019. 2 day event, start and finish in Ensenada each day.... 250 miles each day - one day a northern Baja loop and the other a southern Baja loop. Looking to be a great event and great racing.
I got a phone call today from a buddy that's doing the NORRA 500, looking for a co-driver so I'll be there but in a class 7 truck that we've done NORRA in before. We're # 711 out of San Felipe. It'll be nice to see you guys but leaving my car behind is difficult albeit much easier on the checkbook. Cheers! Armand

JLongo

Man I wish I could test during the week, some of have to work Zac!
Just a FYI, I didn’t take SKM’s number 502, I punched in 5026 when registering and SNORE only takes 3 digits. I will be able to run the 5026 at the race.

ErikIrvine

Who is this JLongo we hear about?? Got to post some pictures of that BLUE car in your avatar mr. lonGO