• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 5 only

swiftracing5

Good, does that mean you will let some other guys get up front in 6100 next year? Haha. I am sure you just mean you will race the 5 car in other races and the 6100 in BITD. I cant keep up with one race car, cant imagine what you guys go thru with 2.

Cant wait for LDC.

Kelson Motorsports (Brandon Williams) is running their 5 car at LDC. I bet this years LDC will be a huge turnout. Double points at Laughlin is hard to pass up.

Mike
Mike you can’t post here unless you get a class 5 approves tramp stamp tattoo. Or get a class 5. Up to you ;)

MTPyle

Haha ok In that case I will stay out of here

I would love to own a class 5 but I could do without a tramp stamp. I know that would just turn Travis on too much anyway. Hehe. He already looks at me
like his Big bear.

Leaving Class 5 “Only” :)
Mike

swiftracing5

In case you haven’t seen the pic and since it’s pretty rad, here is the shot of me babying the grinch yesterday.

Zac handed me a perfect car with around a 30 second lead on bean. I got busy but it was dusty, I took 3 big chances in the dust and got lucky to only have this pic to show for it, someone was looking over me. When bean got within 10 seconds I turned it up and got it to about 45 seconds then boom rear flat. Changed it and was down about 7 mins after the re-rack at pit A. Game plan did a 180 and we brought it home for 2nd.

Grateful for this experience, i still don’t know how I ended up getting to call these guys my friends. Zac, Daron, Tyo, Erik, Kenny, cole, Ken, Trevor, Tony, you guys make life better. Looking forward to taking our crew to Baja to defend our win.

4D879993-54D4-4A8B-8B71-60DB11E1B117.jpeg

Zac Reish

Great times were had. Ben you did a great job.

My 2 laps were uneventful. The dust was very hard to penetrate. I would say I was probably 3rd fastest behind Cade Garcia and Justin Bean. I was waiting for the opportunity to string together some good miles but lap traffic was constant and I had no room or time for any errors. Cade and Bean are Both extremely fast drivers. Cade surprised me this race. He will be a force to respect in the future. great job and I'm sorry for your luck with the DQ. That crap happens. Ive been on the receiving end of some calls by officials in my day as well. To Justin. I expected nothing less than a perfect race from you and knew you would be very hard to beat which is why you won and win 99% of your races. Looking forward to facing you, Cade, and the rest of the bad asses in class 5 in December at Rage at the River. Jerry great job on the 3rd in your first race with the blue ball I'm sure you have a list already on how to get it faster for the next race. Thank you to the rest of the class 5 guys for coming out and racing last weekend in rage.

Thank you to the solid team that comes out and helps Every time. These are the guys and girls that make the result possible more than 2 drivers not screwing up and being able to push the pedal down. None of that could happen without all the help up front, during, and after. Thank you team train wreck.

And of course my family. 2nd place still feels like 1st every day when you have them around.

Attachments

Last edited:

dhjeepgeek

I hear Cade got DQ'd. What was the DQ for.

Zac Reish

Went into his pit a little too hot for some spectators. they complained because they felt unsafe during his entrance.

swiftracing5

He posted a video on his Instagram if that’s your thing. Bummer for sure, it was BLMs call and more had no voice in it. Cade is a good kid and just learned the hard way. I think we were all surprised when he stretched the lead on lap 1.

JLongo

Yep bummer for sure for Cade but he’s young and has many years to whip our butts. Amazing to see how far he’s come in just a few years. Might have to see him in a single seat 10 car at Rage.( if it doesn’t sell)

1st off have to thank Derek, the car was flawless. Other than a well deserved flat at mile 5 we had a clean run. Unfortunately the flat put us behind the 1600 cars and in dust all day, man are those guys hard to pass. All in all a great day for my first race in the car.
Hoping Cade & I will give Ben a run for his money in Baja soon

ksmith

Sorry to hijack the thread right in the middle of a race recap....

Love following all of the action in Class 5U! So cool to see so many new top notch cars being built.
We built our car back in 2007 and its pretty dated compared to what you guys are running now. However, we are looking at updating our rear hubs. We are currently running the CNC microstubs, have been trouble free for several thousand race miles with 33" tires. However, we just made the switch to the BFG 35" tires and the hubs are simply not up to the task. Also, being that CNC is no longer in business, replacement parts are nonexistent. What rear hubs are you guys running?? We are wanting to stay with 930 CV's as we still have a bus box with ecotec power. Was on the phone with Kartek and they have either Jamar or PME? He said PME was made for kartek.... and they are a few hundred dollars less than the Jamar but I've never heard of PME. Are they worth looking into?? Are there other options that are "race quality" for our dollar? Thanks for your advice

Attachments

Last edited:

Big Whitey

Sorry to hijack the thread right in the middle of a race recap....

Love following all of the action in Class 5U! So cool to see so many new top notch cars being built.
We built our car back in 2007 and its pretty dated compared to what you guys are running now. However, we are looking at updating our rear hubs. We are currently running the CNC microstubs, have been trouble free for several thousand race miles with 33" tires. However, we just made the switch to the BFG 35" tires and the hubs are simply not up to the task. Also, being that CNC is no longer in business, replacement parts are nonexistent. What rear hubs are you guys running?? We are wanting to stay with 930 CV's as we still have a bus box with ecotec power. Was on the phone with Kartek and they have either Jamar or PME? He said PME was made for kartek.... and they are a few hundred dollars less than the Jamar but I've never heard of PME. Are they worth looking into?? Are there other options that are "race quality" for our dollar? Thanks for your advice
I put PME on my new build that is still building so can’t offer any help on durability but they are basically the same as Pro Am other than I recall 100th off at the caliper mounting area. 930s work with my 33s on my other 5 car, not sure I would want to run them with 35s though.

swiftracing5

I run PME with midboard microstubs and 934s. No issues at all, we are happy.

We change the microstubs and bearings often though, around 1500 miles, just to be safe.

ksmith

I put PME on my new build that is still building so can’t offer any help on durability but they are basically the same as Pro Am other than I recall 100th off at the caliper mounting area. 930s work with my 33s on my other 5 car, not sure I would want to run them with 35s though.
Thanks for the response. I do remember Pro Am, are they still around or did they go away?
Changing one thing always snowballs into other improvements;) Ideally future upgrades include Mendi trans and 934's
The guy at Kartek Mentioned that the PME hubs I was looking at could be upgraded to 934's in the future. With new stub axles and bearing carriers of course.

ErikIrvine

Cade was getting it! I meant to go say hi to Jerry, Gil and Cade but between staying up late, getting up early, and drinking a tad bit too much, I couldn't make the walk haha. NOBODY NERFED ZAC WTF!

McCredie A

Cade was getting it! I meant to go say hi to Jerry, Gil and Cade but between staying up late, getting up early, and drinking a tad bit too much, I couldn't make the walk haha. NOBODY NERFED ZAC WTF!

so if no one nerfs Zac does the money just go towards the next race? So 200 on his rear bumper at rage?

Just picked this chassis up with a bunch of spares. I know, probably better to start from scratch but I like resurrecting forgotten relics. Anyone recognize the chassis? Any ideas who built it? It has a ball joint front end. I’m thinking late 80’s build?
D812E110-D158-4917-86C8-2EDB88F6FFFF.jpeg
95409FFF-AFAC-4004-9D9A-266123A5CDF1.jpeg
91AA6B71-CD5A-4670-A529-20C9085C4DB7.jpeg
BD8FF49C-D5A2-47DB-B6AB-24C14111BB2C.jpeg

Last edited: