• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 5 only

JLongo

Years ago Chriswells ran a single seat 5u but the seat had to stay on one side . I believe that car was mid engine as well.

Radiobirdman32

Let me start by saying I live in Eugene Oregon. If you are ever down this way let me know and your welcome to look over our car and ask questions ect. We built our car back in 2007. Updated to an Ecotec in 2011. Its not a "competitive" car by today's standards, but in the longer races where attrition takes out more than half the field, we have accumulated a good sized wall of podium finishes over the years. We have had a ton of fun over the years racing with VORRA www.vorraracing.com Check them out for some awesome grassroots racing in Northern NV and CA. With myself, Jerry Baker and RadioBirdman on here we could have a solid 5U class at a few races in VORRA next season! The Ecotec has definitely given new life to the class and its pretty exciting to see all of the new builds coming out. I would second Dave Brown as an excellent fabricator/builder up in your area. I remember him well from the old CODRA days (Central Oregon Desert Racing Assoc) He builds a very clean, fast and reliable car.

As for the rules, everyone here has spelled it out pretty well. We didn't push and rules on our car and just followed the rule book. I have a soft spot for full bodied 5U cars. Something about them is so classic and clean and real. Doors that work ect. Its just a different look/feel and I love it! Justin "Bean" Smith is running some of the big races down south successfully with a full body. I loved the Grinch (Zacs car) when it was an oval window full body. Now that its a convert its' still an awesome car and much faster now, but the converts just don't do it for me like the full bodies.
VORRA Fort Sage was a blast. I'll be in on anything they put on. Racing so much closer to home makes it so much more doable. Cheers ksmith. Armand Croft

Bajawillie

How many are actually racing with a co-riders at Rage?
Every time I've seen someone try racing without one it backfires. Unloading 175lbs from one side hasn't seemed to work out.

CHASETHISTOO

Every time I've seen someone try racing without one it backfires. Unloading 175lbs from one side hasn't seemed to work out.
I tried it one year at rage and it bit me in the ass. Qualified 4th car 1st 5 unlimited. The next 5 car behind me was Bean back in 12th or so. I was stoked...until race day. Qualifying didn't have any holes like race day. Not having someone next to you upset the car so bad plus I felt like i couldn't get the car to hook up.

I'll be running with a codriver for sure.

dhjeepgeek

Good luck to all of you guys out at RATR.
Sound like a blast.

Zac Reish

Qualifying went ok to good. Over shot one turn and cased it into another but nothing terrible. Hoping for a top 5.

I believe there were only 16 that qualified. Hopefully there were some guys that didn’t want to qualify and are just taking a rear start so we end up with 20 plus cars.. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

5racer

Years ago Chriswells ran a single seat 5u but the seat had to stay on one side . I believe that car was mid engine as well.
I drove their car for two years the seat was removed and a tool bag and a huge drink tank were in place of the seat. and yes it was made into a mid-engine

dhjeepgeek

Looks like Zac Reish, Travis Chase then Trey Hernquist fallowed by Grabouski and Lazenby. Alot of DNFs.