Class 5 only

DrZero

Reaction
Has anyone tried the Nissan 2.5L engine that is used in low end Nissan Frontier trucks to power a Class 5?

1581797274569.png

I don't know a lot about these, but some friends of mine are really into Nissan cars and trucks. One fellow is kicking ass in the Drift Car series in a Nissan 240 Coupe. It has a small block Chevy in it :). Anyway, there are some of these around, and I wondered what people think of them. This one is from an ad and is said to be the:
NISSAN SENTRA SE-R SPEC V ENGINE 2.5L JDM QR25-DE
and is being sold for $1000 obo.

According to the Wikipedia article on this series of engines the top normally aspirated one "produces 125 kW (170 PS; 168 hp) at 5600 rpm and 245 N⋅m (181 lb⋅ft) at 4000 rpm.[1] .

How many horsepower are do people get out of the EcoTechs?

Last edited:

DrZero

Reaction
It kills me that Kawasaki have changed their Green over time. Someone is truly clueless at that company.

1581798103572.png

proper old school Kawasaki Green (aka "Lime Green")

Last edited:

turbodon

Reaction
I'm looking to run #518 for upcoming MORE and C5C races. I've attached a list of numbers used since 2017 for MORE,Snore, and Bitd.
Please let me know if anything thinks this number is in use. I'm planning to have stickers made this week.
I made this list in Excel for people to be able to do add-ins as needed, RD doesn't seem to want me to upload the excel file tho??

5u Pic.jpg

Thanks,
-Don

Attachments

5racer

Reaction
I'm looking to run #518 for upcoming MORE and C5C races. I've attached a list of numbers used since 2017 for MORE,Snore, and Bitd.
Please let me know if anything thinks this number is in use. I'm planning to have stickers made this week.
I made this list in Excel for people to be able to do add-ins as needed, RD doesn't seem to want me to upload the excel file tho??

View attachment 209605
Thanks,
-Don
you can have it lol

Lucho

Reaction
Anyone who is interested in the PURE BAJA BUGS SERIES, you might want to check out the course on YouTube and also complete the attached flyers. You can save $50 if you sign up before this Saturday by 6 p.m. Otherwise, you pay the regular prices for the FEBRUARY 29, 2020 - PURE BAJA BUGS event #1 - It starts at 10 a.m., Saturday.
In the meantime, enjoy a bird's eye view of a great 32-mile course: https://youtu.be/X5RQ_WV0JP8

20-PURE-BAJAS-Entry-Front&Back-FEB 12.jpg
20-PURE-BAJAS-P240-#1-ENTRY-FEB 12.jpg

swiftracing5

Reaction
Has anyone tried the Nissan 2.5L engine that is used in low end Nissan Frontier trucks to power a Class 5?

View attachment 209602

I don't know a lot about these, but some friends of mine are really into Nissan cars and trucks. One fellow is kicking ass in the Drift Car series in a Nissan 240 Coupe. It has a small block Chevy in it :). Anyway, there are some of these around, and I wondered what people think of them. This one is from an ad and is said to be the:
NISSAN SENTRA SE-R SPEC V ENGINE 2.5L JDM QR25-DE
and is being sold for $1000 obo.

According to the Wikipedia article on this series of engines the top normally aspirated one "produces 125 kW (170 PS; 168 hp) at 5600 rpm and 245 N⋅m (181 lb⋅ft) at 4000 rpm.[1] .

How many horsepower are do people get out of the EcoTechs?
Sounds on par with the ecotec, I am at 175 from a crate stock 2.4. Sure there are more than one way to skin a cat, but you can get a junkyard ecotec for less than that with known tuning specs that can win races.

matt64

Reaction
4 seats need 4 butts too, you testing w buddys?,( or strapped down bags of ready crete cement in gladd trash bags work good too),,
For sure test the car with as many people as you normally drive with. Your set up will work good with either 2 people or 4 people but not both.
thanks for the info. I went out with king and is much better. Changed some valving in rear bypass and added another 100 lbs to front bottom spring. Going to change the valving in the coiliver to as i live by king and then probably going to go out again to test as we ran out if time. I appreciate the replies. And no i was just testing with me as i cant get the family out in it. Both kids are no more than 130lbs in back so dont think it will make too much of a difference but i guess it could with the wife and kids missing

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
What was the Grinch doing at MINT and was Zach driving? Also congrats to the Kelsons team for playing it smart and coming home with the class 5 win.

swiftracing5

Reaction
What was the Grinch doing at MINT and was Zach driving? Also congrats to the Kelsons team for playing it smart and coming home with the class 5 win.
Lol we tried to sneak a prerun race in on Friday under an alternate alias, kept it hush hush. Really backfired on us. Erik and Steve lost a throttle pedal, got it fixed around 7PM so Zac and I took off to see the second half of the lap and 15 miles in we broke a lower arm in front. Zac got it rigged up so we were able to backtrack to pit B and get towed home. We really struggled this race, Grinch did NOT like being lumped into another class I guess.

And yea, Kelson with a well deserved win. Persistence paid off.