• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 5 only

turbodon

Any chance of another 20+ car race for this Next MORE race whether it be next month or in June?
Entries not looking impressive at this time....:confused:

2020 5U entries.jpg
2018 5U Entries.jpg

spywelding

Wow. Thanks for posting. 3 blown used engines. Think that had more to do with experimental tuning vs engine quality?
I’m surprised to hear you guys pulled bean. His car is light, he’s running light tires and rims, and 930’s he should have been super quick. Maybe the 2.5 when dialed is superior.
I know your car is not a heavy car it’s actually a light car from what I remember when I drove it.
I’d like to drag race you guys to see the difference in quickness. Cade pulled me and tree’d me off the line and walked away from me at rage. Once we hit the moon bumps we were able to slightly creep ahead. His car is real light as well and he doesn’t run a di so my engine may be in need of a rebuild. Going to go till it pops unless it’s blowing smoke.
The issues with the 3 motors were kinda experimental since they were used motors. One had a warped head. The second had a nest in the intake and we didnt trust it haha found that out right before plugging it in just due to curiosity and cleaning up the motor before instal. The third one was the charm and is still in it. The way my dad and I saw it was a crate motor was the way to go to guarantee were getting something that we know is good to start with. Yeah I was shocked my dad pulled bean too, I personally think our car is heavier then it looks haha we need to buy some scales.

swiftracing5

Change ratios and try 37's :eek: :cool:
I could see schweers trying them since they have the Gucci fortin box, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone try 37s with a mendi yet. I know Warren tested them with a mendi but not race.

I’d be curious if they fit In the Jakes spare cradle And how hard they are on arms. I don’t need to shorten that life any more...

I could see schweers trying them since they have the Gucci fortin box, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone try 37s with a mendi yet. I know Warren tested them with a mendi but not race.

I’d be curious if they fit In the Jakes spare cradle And how hard they are on arms. I don’t need to shorten that life any more...

Ohhhh No we are happy with the 35" even if we have the Gucci Fortin!!!!! LOL ................... Be safe all

dhjeepgeek

Well then, No news yet on the MORE race on the 16th. We are planning on being there if it goes. Next Saturday testing and tuning in either Barstool or Lucerne. I am voting Lucerne. We could pre-run too. If there is a course to pre-run. of course.
If the race doesn't go off, then it may be going on the 6th of June. But at least I will get some testing and tuning done for when ever it goes on.

dhjeepgeek

FYI,
BLM answering machine at the Barstow field office says the Desert is open, organized campsites are close.

turbodon

I was planning on going out to Lucerne this Saturday to Test / Pre-run also.
Like you said... assuming there's a course to run.

Would be nice to hear something from MORE, if if it just "Thanks for being patient, we're working on it"
I'd imagine they'll have to start marking the course by now or within a couple days if it's going to be a "GO."

I wonder if they'll still charge the "Class 5 Clash" $1,235.00 entry fee? It still looks like only 7 are entered.

Last edited:

dhjeepgeek

I emailed Cody at MORE and he responded by saying they are hoping to know later this week. More web site says $850. entry for class 5.

Jeffers909

McKENZIE'S 300 Update:

MORE is anxiously awaiting for an update to the current San Bernardino County Health Order. The County Supervisors met Tuesday to discuss the re-opening of the county and should be releasing the new order by the end of the week. MORE understands that our racers would like to know for certain if the race is going to take place as scheduled. Unfortunately, MORE cannot make that determination until the new health order is released. Thank you all for your patience and support in these difficult times. Hope to see you all in the desert on May 16!

As for the Weddle Industrie's Class 5 Clash...I need some input from you guys. I have put a lot of effort in and have a tremendous amount of excitement for this special big purse clash but I understand that many racers may be under some economic hardships at this time. I would absolutely hate to postpone the Class 5 Clash for another time but if it benefits you guys to do so it makes the decision much easier. I do think many haven't bothered entering because they don't believe the race is going to happen....but that has yet to be determined and I am still confident we can pull this off as originally scheduled.

swiftracing5

Cody it’s so hard to know but as the “rep” for the class I know about 5 teams that are pulling the plug due to outside issues. If things pick back up soon then the fall race will be bigger for us and I can rally the troops.

vdubaru

i can make the 16th it was already budgeted, who knows what the new normal will look like for business profits after that ? i hope everyone is well. thanks for your efforts Cody trying to get racing going again.