• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 5 only

dhjeepgeek

The MORE is postponed to the 6th. We all thought it was going to be but we were hopeful. GPS file came out friday evening gave us hope.
Well then. Maybe more 5 opens can make that date, unfortunetly some can't. Dave and his Thing cant make it on the 6th. We went out Saturday to test and tune and pre-run. Testing tuning went great. Pre running was fun for the first 18 miles. Some new old areas. courses that havent been used in years. Luckely Dave had a fuel pump go down on pressure. So he had to stop. How is that lucky. We got out to see what was up with his Thing. We noticed oil spewing from my new oil cooler. 14 more mile would have fried my new junk yard motor. So it was lucky dave broke down. His thing ran just low fuel pressure, so he towed me back. I guess I dodged a bullet there. New cooler will be here tomorrow, in time to race this weekend. ha.

vdubaru

That was fun Dan my new pump will be here tomorrow as well but ill be on my way back from our Moab trip on the 7th so won't make the 6th.
as a side note does anyone have any contact info for Tim Weston i see he is sighed up with #531 i have been running that for a few years now its on our trailer team shirts etc.??

Bajawillie

That was fun Dan my new pump will be here tomorrow as well but ill be on my way back from our Moab trip on the 7th so won't make the 6th.
as a side note does anyone have any contact info for Tim Weston i see he is sighed up with #531 i have been running that for a few years now its on our trailer team shirts etc.??
I sent you his info

ErikIrvine

6th of June? I'm going to go spectate, sounds fun

turbodon

With the down time between races I'm planning to put a tunnel cell in my car. It currently has a small rectangle shaped Jaz cell.
Was thinking of doing the 25 gallon Fuel Safe Enduro Cell, pictured below. The price seems right and that's probably plenty of fuel for the local races. I was wondering if you all are feeding your fuel pump(s) off of the bottom "pick-ups" on the cell. I always thought that the common practice was to make the pump pull/ siphon from fittings on the tops of the tank rather than gravity feeding them. I tried finding some pictures on the net and found a couple from some JFW cars. It looks like their cells only have a return fitting up top, so must be supplying the pump from the bottom fittings. Wanted to see if anyone could confirm this? Also was wondering if anyone else is using push-lock hose like pictured and if this is OK with MORE / SNORE to be used without clamps. Thanks!!

Attachments

Fourstroker

Clamps technically required on pushloc but how would anyone check it in that location. Then again why wouldn’t you use them?

turbodon

Clamps technically required on pushloc but how would anyone check it in that location. Then again why wouldn’t you use them?
I was just wondering. I've been using Aeroquip pushlock hose for the last 10 years and have never clamped it. The manufacture says to never use clamps with this style fitting and hose. I know the MORE / SNORE rules books technically say fuel lines and vents need to have clamps.

Attachments

btshannon

With the down time between races I'm planning to put a tunnel cell in my car. It currently has a small rectangle shaped Jaz cell.
Was thinking of doing the 25 gallon Fuel Safe Enduro Cell, pictured below. The price seems right and that's probably plenty of fuel for the local races. I was wondering if you all are feeding your fuel pump(s) off of the bottom "pick-ups" on the cell. I always thought that the common practice was to make the pump pull/ siphon from fittings on the tops of the tank rather than gravity feeding them. I tried finding some pictures on the net and found a couple from some JFW cars. It looks like their cells only have a return fitting up top, so must be supplying the pump from the bottom fittings. Wanted to see if anyone could confirm this? Also was wondering if anyone else is using push-lock hose like pictured and if this is OK with MORE / SNORE to be used without clamps. Thanks!!
Use the bottom ones.

brad inch

remember that the foam take up allot of room,your 25 gal tank will hold about 23 gal.it always got me.i dont know why they dont count on this when they give you the size.

Tim_Weston

So where are all the coalition racers I was under the assumption that at the Mckenzies 300 there would be like 20 5u cars and even with the rescheduling there are only 8 entries so far how many more guys plan on racing or does the coalition not really bring out high car count

turbodon

I blame the Corona Virus. Work has been slow for people, or work is not slow but they fear it will become slow and are having a hard time justifying the cost of a weekend racing. Technically 2019 never had a big count 5u race. The highest MORE car count was 9. The big count was September 2018 with 21. Maybe it was just a fluke? The new Jakes Fabworks cars were adding a lot of new hype and enthusiasm. That seems to have gone quiet and died out a little? I talked to Rick Crumco at the Baja Society poker run a few months back and it sounded like he was pumping out chassis like crazy. Figured more would be coming out of the wood works but haven't seen much.

I hope to see a big count in September, but with BITD, SCORE, and everyone else & their mother having to push dates back, it'll likely be complicated for folks that run Mexico races, etc. Would be cool to see a big count, but maybe it'll have to wait till Rage???

Between testing & prerunning for Transaxle Challenge, and this cancelled/rescheduled MORE 300 race I've put over 300 miles on the car. Pretty much needs to be re-prepped at this point, transmission is real pissed so you can scratch me off that list of 8 for the June race.😕
Ran a couple laps last weekend on it, and boy-o-boy those last 8 miles are going to tear some stuff up!!

Tim_Weston

I agree I preran last weekend and I don’t believe it’s a sprint race it’s gonna be a race of attrition a lot tougher of a coarse I remember Lucerne being 10 years ago my car is fresh with about 100 test miles but the trans has about 600 miles so I’m hoping it’s got another 300 left in it. I hope business picks up for those that have slowed after this race my next planed race is powder puff for my wife and rage at the river hopefully there are big car counts so I don’t feel the urge to sell the car and move on to another class

swiftracing5

Maybe Jakes cars won too much?
I’m still waiting on a R n P, Zac is focused on keeping business steady, rest of the coalition is just waiting for something to be finalized locally. Just a lot of uncertainty and for most of us we don’t wing prep, it’s a month long build up. Makes it hard to juggle normal life and race life when we don’t know when and where there will be a race to plan for.

dhjeepgeek

The car count is at 9 now for the MORE race on the 6th. Maybe the Swift car can make it out, its in June. I didnt see any Belk cars on the list either.

ErikIrvine

I agree I preran last weekend and I don’t believe it’s a sprint race it’s gonna be a race of attrition a lot tougher of a coarse I remember Lucerne being 10 years ago my car is fresh with about 100 test miles but the trans has about 600 miles so I’m hoping it’s got another 300 left in it. I hope business picks up for those that have slowed after this race my next planed race is powder puff for my wife and rage at the river hopefully there are big car counts so I don’t feel the urge to sell the car and move on to another class
C'mon coalition guys, you got to get the economy opened back up, get those 35M people back to work, get your businesses fixed, and then get yer car prepped, you don't want Tim Weston to sell his car and move to another class!

dhjeepgeek

I blame the Corona Virus. Work has been slow for people, or work is not slow but they fear it will become slow and are having a hard time justifying the cost of a weekend racing. Technically 2019 never had a big count 5u race. The highest MORE car count was 9. The big count was September 2018 with 21. Maybe it was just a fluke? The new Jakes Fabworks cars were adding a lot of new hype and enthusiasm. That seems to have gone quiet and died out a little? I talked to Rick Crumco at the Baja Society poker run a few months back and it sounded like he was pumping out chassis like crazy. Figured more would be coming out of the wood works but haven't seen much.

I hope to see a big count in September, but with BITD, SCORE, and everyone else & their mother having to push dates back, it'll likely be complicated for folks that run Mexico races, etc. Would be cool to see a big count, but maybe it'll have to wait till Rage???

Between testing & prerunning for Transaxle Challenge, and this cancelled/rescheduled MORE 300 race I've put over 300 miles on the car. Pretty much needs to be re-prepped at this point, transmission is real pissed so you can scratch me off that list of 8 for the June race.😕
Ran a couple laps last weekend on it, and boy-o-boy those last 8 miles are going to tear some stuff up!!
[/QUOTE
I didn't get to the last 8 miles of the course. I did hear it was cross grain along the hill, rough and slow. I guess I will find out Saturday.

Last edited: