Class 5 only

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
Just curious. Am I the only one who was unaware that we can not have redline other Danzio rebuild my ecotec engine. And we are only allowed to buy junk yard 2.4 di or a gm remanufactured engine?

Originally I was going to go to the 2.5 back in 18 but because very few people had gone to the 2.5 I was having a hard time finding reliable info. So I went to the regular 2.4 di junkyard and life ecu through Danzio. I get 163 to the ground on pump gas and 171 to the ground with 76 station e85

I have had 100% reliability with this platform. I don’t want to go to the 2.5 due to having to reconfigure and cost. I can get a balanced and blue printed rebuilt redline engine through redline for $6,000 and according to them due to it being balanced and blue printed get another 10hp. However Ben swift said I’m not allowed I have to get a junk yard or a rebuild without it being balanced or blue printed. Was everyone else aware of this rule. Keep in mind this is a class 10 legal set up that gets sent to turn key to be verified as stock spec.

The do’s are not easy to find I. Real good comdintion anymore nor are they $1,600 rather for a 30,000 mile or less long block. Mines got 3 seasons so I’m thinking it’s probably time to look for a replacement or new game plan
This is why I was getting frustrated last year. I was told I could not rebuild my 2.4 because then it wouldn't be stock. So for the coalition races I purchased a bone stock tagged crate motor from Danzio. My 2.4 that I dusted at Vegas to Reno I had Wiks bump it up to a 2.5 that still falls within the rules of BITD and SCORE. I'm in the same boat as you in regards to not wanting to swap everything around to the new 2.5 configuration. I'll continue to get 2.4's as long as they are available. I understand where Ben and Drew are coming from but as I'm sure everyone know based on my vote last year I like the rules the way they were before. haha Either way I'll still show up when my schedule permits it, put my bone stock motor in, and run it against some of the best people racing to date.

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Sold the Croc to Derek Pocorena today, cleaned out all the parts and spares from the shop, gave the shop a good cleaning, and pulled the Bye Bye Byma car in for some love. Got to pull the HV1 trans out as I sold it last week, and start figuring out what we need to change to get it ready for the 2021 season

Attachments

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Anybody going to have heart burn if Kenny runs 521, and I run 522 for the 2021 season?

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Nice Ben! What is left on the car to fix?

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Nice to see the Class5Coalition website being updated again. Can't wait to see what races everyone chooses for the 2021 season. I'm hoping Team Train Wreck can run at least 2 cars for the entire 2021 season. Steve and I are in 100% for the season in the new #522 car, getting Ben, Kenny, or Zac to commit to a full season isn't as easy as I thought. Follow the ups and downs of a ridiculously obsessed and inconsistent 5 team on Instagram; Team_Trainwreck_5

Attachments

Jacob Wisdom

Reaction
I asked this on the FB group, but my family is potentially looking to get into a 5-open. Modern car with a sequential trans is strongly preferred, let me know what you got!

swiftracing5

Reaction
I asked this on the FB group, but my family is potentially looking to get into a 5-open. Modern car with a sequential trans is strongly preferred, let me know what you got!
You could hit up Rick Crum on Fb. He has so many cars in the field that he may have leads. Like the 2 Thompson cars, what happened to those.

Racer277

Reaction
Can you guys tell me if the 5U BYMA car sold?
If not, do you have contact info?
"Asking for a friend"

McCredie A

Reaction

Just popped up today!