Class 5 only

swiftracing5

Reaction
I’ll talk to everyone at Parker. I think realistically we will throw out BAP and sub for rage at end of the year.

steve0we

Reaction
Class 5 guys I need some help. A good friend of mine in Texas is a VW drag racer and a great guy. His house just burn down and he lost everything. If you have a extra team shirt laying around and want to help out, please throw it in a box and send it to him. Thanks!

Jason Poynter
771 Long Branch Drive Decatur
TX 76234
He’s a 3x and she is an XL.

Attachments

• jason pointer.PNG
    jason pointer.PNG
    647.9 KB · Views: 211

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
Thanks SCORE Journal! So stoked!

View attachment 220315
Nice write up. Too bad Hot VWs magazine can't get off their butts to cover some off road racing and desert cars/buggies like they used to back in the 80s-90s. I actually talked to their chief editor about this and it was nothing but excuses about not having writers or photographers of theirs at the races.

mgobaja

Reaction
Nice write up. Too bad Hot VWs magazine can't get off their butts to cover some off road racing and desert cars/buggies like they used to back in the 80s-90s. I actually talked to their chief editor about this and it was nothing but excuses about not having writers or photographers of theirs at the races.
In the past a majority of that was done by Judy Smith. To have a great article it takes somebody that knows the sport, as well as an editorial crew that has some interest in the sport to allocate the space.

bhernquist

Reaction
In the past a majority of that was done by Judy Smith. To have a great article it takes somebody that knows the sport, as well as an editorial crew that has some interest in the sport to allocate the space.
Hot VWs also now will not include a car that does not have a VW motor... that take 95% of the current crop of Class 5s out. A shame for sure as the new Jake’s cars are truly works of art.

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Starting order for Parker was posted today. Any late entries or people planning on bailing due to issues with rez?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201230-181525_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-181525_Drive.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 148

ErikIrvine

Reaction
I have the Jerry Longo (electrician) shocks on there now, but Ben is hooking up some normal shocks with straight shafts this week

Attachments

• 20201227_152231.jpg
    20201227_152231.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 148

steve0we

Reaction
Welcome to 2021. Life goals..................

Team Train Wreck

Thursday- 5pm leave Texas for a 24 hour drive to Parker
Friday- (wonder why I live in Texas and Parker is so far away)
Saturday- Pre-run Parker / hoping the Back can handle it!
Sunday- Final testing for Parker / 1st time in a car at race pace
Monday- Wake up wondering why I dont live in California, then start fixing all the things my partner modified in Testing Sunday...
Tuesday- Drive to LA to install signs that our family donated to a special needs center in LA that we hauled from Texas. Mychal's Learning Place - A safe and loving environment for children and adults with developmental disabilities
Wednesday- Do all the things we should have done weeks ago getting ready for Parker!
Thursday- load and head to Parker
Friday-Parker
Saturday-Parker
Sunday- Make the 24 hour drive back to Texas
Monday-Back at work

The rest of the year? Play it by ear! Cheers

Last edited:

Bajabug222

Reaction
I’m feeling it. Had the week off to prep that backfired spent 3 days trouble shooting tow rig. Picked an engine code Tuesday picking up odds and ends for racecar. Lost two injectors those get overnighted this Tuesday. Car basically buttoned up. System check today intercom took a crap. How many last minute items can be overnighted. Hell or high water Parker I’m coming.

Zac Reish

Reaction
FACT. We are still prepping it on the trailer on the way to the race 90% of the time. I dont even know what shake down is.
Haha!!! you need a back up wheelman that can prep as good as he can drive. let me know when you got a long one in your truck and need the position maintained while you take a breather.