Class 5 only

swiftracing5

Reaction
We will be there with pops driving. He wants some seat time and hopes to do the whole thing.
Oh hell yea. My pops is gonna split driving with me. First race for the car since my double rollo, got the car back to mint fighting shape. Texas Tyo and WA Daron flew out and we Tested 2 of the cars this weekend, tried some tires... dang i can’t wait.
07DD929D-C26E-4F06-B573-587EEF2839F8.jpeg

615DFB38-D353-4419-90BB-67C1BFB762FB.jpeg

13834059-B3EC-425C-8095-39184F5CF615.jpeg

B9C03452-082A-4663-B02E-927E7FDECF49.jpeg

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
Oh hell yea. My pops is gonna split driving with me. First race for the car since my double rollo, got the car back to mint fighting shape. Texas Tyo and WA Daron flew out and we Tested 2 of the cars this weekend, tried some tires... dang i can’t wait.

You try the new 37 tensors?

swiftracing5

Reaction
No we tried 35 tensor, tri ace, new BFGs.
But Schweers was hysterical about the 37s... will see

turbodon

Reaction
Ray,
I love the support we get from Kartek, but how sustainable do you think the PME product line is? Do you know who makes it?
Can't imagine proAm or Jamar going anywhere any time soon. I've heard claims from respectable individuals that the ProAm bearing is superior to Kartek and Jamar's.

If my car doesn't sell, I'll most likely convert to RBP's midboard micro 934 set-up or as he calls it "Super99 Pluss" Almost a grand less than the competitor offering due to using a Dodge 1/2 ton unit bearing that doesn't need to be re-broached vs the Chevy S10 style that are re-broached for 33 spline.

BTW anyone looking for a legit Full Body 5U, HMU :confused:
RBP Hubs.png

swiftracing5

Reaction
@promer ive got PME as well. No issues. Just went to 6 piston in the rear as we were smoking pads rather quickly on 4 pistons but I drag the brake a lot.
I’ve seen the pro am 6 piston calipers for the rear, they are bigger than the wilwoods that Kartek uses and therefore bigger pad FYI.

I do think the micro bearing is inferior to what pro am uses, so that’s the only con for me. They’re beautiful parts and I have been assured by Rob at Kartek they will always have my back with any issues, but I was the first buggy dork to run them in 2018 so maybe they wanted field testing... I’m changing the bearings at 1000 miles or so, I know guys getting 2000 plus with pro am bearings.

@turbodon are you hoping to roll back the funds into a full race chassis or going another “life” direction?

turbodon

Reaction
Hopefully roll it into a nice 4seater and convert back to spectating.
I think if I were to do it again, I'd order a bare Jakes chassis and build it up. Maybe even ask for it less roof and do a non-radius one like on the Grinch. Big fan of the cars, but the roof radius just doesn't do it for me, for some reason.
I'd like to put a hot shoe in mine and see what it will really do. She's a little heavy but has competitive geometry. I don't think it's any less equipped than Bean's full cab and he's certainly worked plenty of full race guys with his skill and proven a little extra weight isn't everything.

steve0we

Reaction
Just finished off another 3k mile trip from Texas to Cali. and back. Why does the first day back at my desk feel like a drunk hazy fog has set in?

Somehow after my crash last year I thought that partnering with IRVINE on a 5 car would be a great idea??? It had to be the drugs! Find a car, modify it to our liking and get back in the dirt. Parker went well and we had some success but it wasn't really a good test on my backs condition or of what the car can really handle. Lets be honest, it's a JAKES car so it comes pretty LEGIT (the most legit 5 car produced at this point) right out of the box, but we wanted to make a few adjustments / upgrades. I brought the car back to Texas after Parker for a complete prep and just to get my feet wet prepping a beam car again. I really enjoyed prep'ing the 5 car way more than the 10 car. Not sure why, maybe its just my VW roots.

I talked my buddy Sam into making the drive out from Texas to help cover some drive time and catch upon his recent adventures. Sam- we are going to Cali. The trips start when they start and we have no plans, or ETA on arriving back home. It is a 100% yardsale from start to finish. You game??? SAMS ALL IN!

Trip objectives
1. engine swap and dyno
2. day of testing
3. take my buddy Sam to every skate park along the way
4. survive all of the above without destroying the car or my back!

Plan change #1
We ended up helping BJ Baldwin shoot a Black Riffle Coffee video in the middle of the Texas desert

Plan change #2
Daron Rarden is flying in from Washington for last minute testing and seat time for a possible late year adventure we have planned.

Testing went well, as Ben stated but its going to take a couple of races to really get the car dialed in to IRVINES driving style and comfort zone. It was a blast having Ben and His pops out in the desert just blasting the big bumps and throwing dirt on each other. Could pre-running be even better than racing? Early morning (IRVINE calls 4am early in his house) ERIK was talking big game about testing and then hitting a pub crawl in OB to end the day. If you know IRVINE, his day ends between 7:45pm and 8:30pm. The dude just fades off but that's life. This is when things get interesting....... I happened to bring my friend SAM with me from Texas. Retired Army Ranger who just returned from "Best Ranger" and took IRVINE at his word when it came to CRAWL BITCH!

We had to call in air support (Eriks wife Laura) for a full blown rescue operation getting us home that night. If you happen to see a random guy in a FINISHLINE shirt with a 1000 yard stare and a Texas accent do yourself a favor and run! After a day of recovery we headed over to San Diego for a little fun on the beach and we discovered ERIK IRVINE is some kind of skateboard shredder!

This trip was another 3K miles on the road, great times with friends and the reason I am hung over at my desk.

T-minus 3 weeks until we make the next 3K road trip...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 56
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 7.png
    7.png
    618.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 64

swiftracing5

Reaction
I think if I were to do it again, I'd order a bare Jakes chassis and build it up. Maybe even ask for it less roof and do a non-radius one like on the Grinch. Big fan of the cars, but the roof radius just doesn't do it for me, for some reason.
I'd like to put a hot shoe in mine and see what it will really do. She's a little heavy but has competitive geometry. I don't think it's any less equipped than Bean's full cab and he's certainly worked plenty of full race guys with his skill and proven a little extra weight isn't everything.
I know Moser tried to get Jake to bite on that idea and well, you see the outcome. I get it though. Or just buy a round roof and have me or my pops drive it around Parker a bit ;)

I know Zac is looking for a ride for Lucerne if you’re serious about seeing what she can do.

Whatever happens, I wish you luck. I hope it’s not the end of you on c5! I love following your posts, ideas, races!

Jeffers909

Reaction
M250.jpg

JUNE 5 - Lucerne Valley, CA

ENTER NOW!

The McKENZIE'S 250 is coming up quick! Since this is the 2nd race on the 2021 Class 5 Coalition schedule MORE will be putting up some bonuses:

• 1st Place - $1000 bonus
  • 2nd Place - Free Entry Fee to GG Lighting Freedom Cup @ Glen Helen
  • 3rd Place - $500 bonus
  • $500 bonus for Class 5U Fast Lap
  • Last Official Finisher - MORE Swag Package

Was also thinking about placing a bounty on Zac Reish but I heard he's not racing.... :(

swiftracing5

Reaction
Haha Cody he must be worried someone might finally win the bounty?

looking forward to the next race!

swiftracing5

Reaction
Was going through old pics today, I have some blackmail on @Big Whitey forever.
63781C3C-0785-49D4-8048-67B4B564E71F.jpeg

Big Whitey

Reaction
Yea I did sit in one of the nicely built but overpriced ( as multiple JFW owners have stated) and chose to work with a builder that is easier to work with And builds a top quality car with just as good or even better craftsmanship ( my opinion) than most owners of JFW cars that I know have said. Don’t worry you guys, I won’t rat you out, we will keep it just between us. Jake does good work and puts his time into making cars better, no argument there.

jon coleman

Reaction
let me know when, Plaster City is nice early in the morning😆