Class 5 only

swiftracing5

Reaction
What issue did you have in the prerunner? stock or good aftermarket bars are pretty bomb proof. The cheap bars not so much.
Snapping SaW bars.

bhernquist

Reaction
Snapping SaW bars.
Knock on wood, we've had great luck with the SAW bars in our old NORRA/Prerunner 5 Car..... Never broken one and it rips but very tricky to set up correctly and lots more maintenance (bars/spring plates, adjuster....). To be competitive and to save a bunch of hastle, Ben's correct. Coil over rear for sure.

Attachments

• NORRA GT 5 Car.jpg
    NORRA GT 5 Car.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:

vdubaru

Reaction
I race a 2/1600 in the Yellowstone Off Road Racing assn up here in Montana. Would like to move up to a class they call Comp/Mod to race a VW Thing. The rules state I can either use coil-overs up front or on the rear, not both ends. I have no experience with coil-overs. Would it be best to run coil-overs up front and by-passes in the rear with torsion bars or coil-overs in the rear and by-passes in the front with leafs? I plan to run an ecotec or a subaru. Also, I have seen some talk about a subaru engine transmission combo that would work for my situation. Any thoughts. Thank you.
i can tell you i run a Subaru you should pick the ecotec! and i destroyed 3 Subaru transmissions its a complete P. O. S. split one in half on my way to tech. DON'T DO IT !!!!

Big Whitey

Reaction
Well it’s a long one with all the events that happened but we finished but got a DNF. Medium version is we were running good with Miguel starting, his first time racing this car. He was timid due to never really driving a sequential and was used to the old 5 car that is much narrower. He had us in the lead but then at about mile 135 I’m not completely sure how but he rolled the car and it sat on its roof for about 1.5 hours until a local happened by and rolled him back over just before one of our trucks got there. the Car had a flat so they put the spare on but then for some unknown reason somebody put the flat in the back of the truck along with the tire tie down strap and the jack.hmmmmmm. I kept getting conflicting messages on the radio so wasn’t real sure what was going on. At 145 Tommy got in to drive with Mikey as nav. By then Gerardo had passed us and was over a hour in the lead. They got to Coyote and picked up a spare but then realized there was no strap. They had them put it on with a tie down or something. After that they ran into the bottlenecks. Good news was Gerardo was stuck there for about a hour so we made good time. Then they had to sit and wait for the stuck trucks to get out which since we had one of our crew get up there and stated pulling people out we got to get on the move again. Tommy and Mikey did a great job of making up miles. Gerardo had some issues at 225 so we gained even more miles. Just as they dropped into the wash somehow the car ended up in a ditch and got stuck. ( not quite like Eric but...). Mike jumps out to grab the jack and try to get out and no jack. Also no spare tire anymore. They radio us and we send a truck from mile 272 ish over to them and also the truck with the jack got there about the same time. They got moving again and got the car to me at 272, Mikey stayed in as nav and I started the last leg. Pretty uneventful overall other than fog until about mile 420- 425. that’s when the brake caliper fell off. Mike got out and pulled it the rest of the way off so we started moving again with only front brakes. Another half mile and the wheel and rotor fall off. We didn’t see where the wheel went and spent about half hour looking for it. After we found it we put everything back together and made our way to the already closed finish. So we completed the course but not in time. Mother Baja was pretty damn mean to us this race but we kept going

Bro_Gill

Reaction
On a good note. I won the pool at Checkers Pit 1 at Valley T. I missed your actual through time by 3 minutes. I used your San Felipe run to make my guess. Thanks for holding it open through Valley T! By the way, the next time picked by anyone else was 45 minutes slower. I figured if I complained enough, you guys would drive faster and it worked!

Big Whitey

Reaction
On a good note. I won the pool at Checkers Pit 1 at Valley T. I missed your actual through time by 3 minutes. I used your San Felipe run to make my guess. Thanks for holding it open through Valley T! By the way, the next time picked by anyone else was 45 minutes slower. I figured if I complained enough, you guys would drive faster and it worked!
That’s awesome

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Website
www.finishlineweld.com
Congrats on the ability to preserve Greg. One of the best things Baja and desert racing in general has taught me.

Baja Belk- Roll call for double points shoot out race, Elmo in 100%, I think the Grinch is in too, if it fits between Zac's pickle ball tournament schedule. Team Train Wreck can't wait!!

Who else is coming out?

swiftracing5

Reaction
I’ll be there thumbin for a ride...