Class 5 only

5racer

RDC Crypto
There are couple layers to the lack of interest in my opinion lately. New cars, family changes, expensive car issues....This is going to make me sound like a primadona, but Team Trainwreck is getting a little burned out on the 40-60 mile Lucerne loops. Not sure about the other cars, but that’s been our discussion. It is getting difficult to prep for 2 Lucerne/Barstow races, let alone 3. Our cars just come home hammered.
We haven’t discussed next years plan yet but clearly 4 races is asking too much. I’m thinking we will push 3 races, so I’d say your best bet is the Spring race (first) and the fall race (second).
December race contends with rage and they always draws numbers for whatever reasons.
Have to agree with Ben , 10 years ago it took every spare hour to just make a race every two months ,with the Calif deserts being run over and over on the same track it is beating the hell out of our cars . like they used to say 200 miles in barstow is the same as 1000 miles in Mexico now its like 2000 miles in Mexico.Barstow needs a rest from racing the same old stuff.luceren needs new tracks before its as bad as barstow ,i know easier said than done i realize this . this is just my opinion. i think two 300 milers in lucerne when the weather is cool would attract more cars, no split races all cars race at same time .

Baja Belk

RDC Crypto
I look forward to the next C5C meeting where we can hopefully re-align after COVID really threw plans for a loop for the last 18 months. We had our own disasters earlier this year that forced us to back out of several races, so I can't speak for any other team since I know how it is sometimes. Cody has thrown huge support toward this class, and hopefully this years' low entires are just an anomaly.

Maybe off-topic, or wrong forum, but I think the bigger picture issue that everyone knows but nobody has a solution for - there are simply too many races. I think there are what, 4 big races in the next 3 weeks? It's too bad all the orgs can't put aside their egos (not you Cody :) ) and agree on a standardized vehicle class book. That would open the door for collab races for dual series points. Fewer races, but more entries per race. Better for the orgs, better for the racers. How cool would something like this be:

January BITD/SNOREParker
FebruaryKOHMint
MarchSCORESan Felipe
AprilNORRAMX1000
MayMORECA 400
JuneSCOREBaja 500
JulySNOREBAP (Night race)
AugustBITDV2R
SeptemberKOH/MOREKOH / P300
OctoberNORRAMX500
November SCOREBaja 1000
December BITD/SNORE/MORELaughlin

Each promoter has a 3-race series, no less than 3 months apart (excluding KOH and NORRA. KOH for the money and NORRA for the love of the game). Sure, a DNF will cost you, but entries will be huge and consistent. One race total per month, everyone has time to prep for the races they want to do. The MORE 400 (maybe day/night?) is a "license" race required to enter the SCORE 500 or 1000. That will drive entries for Cody while also weeding out one-and-done idiots at the 1000. Dave Cole buys the Mint and switches KOH to September, where Cody piggy-backs for a limited class race on an overlapped course. BAP becomes a night race and fills the summer gap. BITD and SNORE/MORE collab for a single Laughlin race to end the year with huge entries with potentially 3 series championships on the line.

It's a pipe dream, I know.......

dixon cider

RDC Crypto
Hey guys what spring rates are you using up front?

Working on my dad's car with 4.5" longer arms. Currently 275 over 350. Was 200 over 350 with 2" fox with a 0.12 rebound stack and an 0.010 compression stack. Was too soft and packing so I flipped the stacks, when he put them back on he put the 275 upper spring on.

I'm thinking it's got too much spring and not enough compression damping. On moderate hits it would bounce up a bit, doesn't have as much traction as I think it should. Problem eased up a bit as I raised the crossover nuts from 1 to 1.25 to 1.375

Don't know if I should go back to the 200 or if we should take the 350 down

Thanks
Aaron

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
I look forward to the next C5C meeting where we can hopefully re-align after COVID really threw plans for a loop for the last 18 months. We had our own disasters earlier this year that forced us to back out of several races, so I can't speak for any other team since I know how it is sometimes. Cody has thrown huge support toward this class, and hopefully this years' low entires are just an anomaly.

Maybe off-topic, or wrong forum, but I think the bigger picture issue that everyone knows but nobody has a solution for - there are simply too many races. I think there are what, 4 big races in the next 3 weeks? It's too bad all the orgs can't put aside their egos (not you Cody :) ) and agree on a standardized vehicle class book. That would open the door for collab races for dual series points. Fewer races, but more entries per race. Better for the orgs, better for the racers. How cool would something like this be:

JanuaryBITD/SNOREParker
FebruaryKOHMint
MarchSCORESan Felipe
AprilNORRAMX1000
MayMORECA 400
JuneSCOREBaja 500
JulySNOREBAP (Night race)
AugustBITDV2R
SeptemberKOH/MOREKOH / P300
OctoberNORRAMX500
NovemberSCOREBaja 1000
DecemberBITD/SNORE/MORELaughlin

Each promoter has a 3-race series, no less than 3 months apart (excluding KOH and NORRA. KOH for the money and NORRA for the love of the game). Sure, a DNF will cost you, but entries will be huge and consistent. One race total per month, everyone has time to prep for the races they want to do. The MORE 400 (maybe day/night?) is a "license" race required to enter the SCORE 500 or 1000. That will drive entries for Cody while also weeding out one-and-done idiots at the 1000. Dave Cole buys the Mint and switches KOH to September, where Cody piggy-backs for a limited class race on an overlapped course. BAP becomes a night race and fills the summer gap. BITD and SNORE/MORE collab for a single Laughlin race to end the year with huge entries with potentially 3 series championships on the line.

It's a pipe dream, I know.......
1631679787638.png

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Mike it does sound cool but that would require too much compromise and agreement. Lots of cars have been sold over the last year. Hopefully some of them hit the track again and a few new builds/teams get their feet wet, as well as a few staple 5 car teams dust their cars off and get back on the wagon. The cost of these cars and prep (to me) has been tough as my life has become more dad and business owner than business owner and wanna be race car driver. It seems like 10 is going through a lull as well. Cade is building a 10 car so I'm sure he will be racing 5 less often too. Hoping he finds success. I'm sure he will. Racing two races a year for me in my car is my goal. I try to pick the biggest car count races coupled with funnest courses if I can. I usually go with biggest car count races. Most teams pick races that their sponsors want them to race or races based on "the race" like the "MINT" / bucket list races. So when you're only drawing from a pool of 30 active class 5 teams its darn near impossible to get half of them to show up at the same time.

Cody you are easily the most open and accommodating race organizer. It has truly been a pleasure racing your races. I really do feel like we are letting you down and I know I'm sorry. If i were you I would keep doing what you are doing as I'm assuming it is working. But, as ben and steve have said, It is getting rougher and rougher out there. With the availability of new tracks getting smaller and smaller. I doubt there is a solution. Thank you for trying. We will all be back. Hopefully we can all agree on a time to be back.

As I've said for the last 5 years or so Lets do 2 races for the C5C. Keep it simple Lets do a 250 mile MORE, SNORE, CODE, or RECORD race. and a short course race. Yeah its not flashy "social media look at me" races or an exciting idea but it will keep the mid to low budget teams participating and able to make 2 races a year with a full on effort. Doing the expensive races wipes a percentage of the teams budgets out and the other half will not race because the car counts suck so it ends up being a slippery slope.

Chris Schweers

RDC Crypto
For now, our 2022 Races will be

Parker?/ Hammers?

Mint 400

V2R

Baja 1000

And in 2023 we will be moving to another class?

We don’t know yet if we will be getting out of Class 5 totally… I hope not,

And I see the cat is out of the bag for the Baja 1000 this year, WTF racing is honored to join the Chase Motorsports in Class 5 for the Baja 1000

Jon Schweers

Jeffers909

RDC Crypto
Website
www.moreracing.net
Real talk...who would be interested in running a three race Triple Crown Points Series in 2022?

April 23 - Lucerne Valley (Standard points)
Sept. 24 - Lucerne Valley (1.5 points)
Dec. 3 - Barstow (Double points)

5U Triple Crown Champion would get a minimum of $5000 cash on top of individual race paybacks.
2nd Place in Triple Crown Points - Cash plus prizes including entry fees.
3rd Place in Triple Crown Points - Prizes and one entry fee.

I am not trying to step on the coalition's toes here, I just have sponsors that want to have 5U in this 2022 triple crown series and I want to see if you guys are down. One of these races would remain the big purse 5U shootout race.

steve0we

RDC Crypto
Website
www.TPMracing.net
I am guessing TTW will have our 2022 scheduled hammered out this weekend while drinking fruity drinks and talking desert racing in Carlsbad. Stoked for everyone racing this weekend. Cant wait to follow the race. Somebody needs to be on point about the race updates. Maybe Promer can keep us in the loop? Can you imaging Griffith trying to text updates on his flip phone with those spatula thumbs?

Anyone want to do a pre-race odds recap? A Texas team headed that way....Maybe they surprise everyone?

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
I am guessing TTW will have our 2022 scheduled hammered out this weekend while drinking fruity drinks and talking desert racing in Carlsbad. Stoked for everyone racing this weekend. Cant wait to follow the race. Somebody needs to be on point about the race updates. Maybe Promer can keep us in the loop? Can you imaging Griffith trying to text updates on his flip phone with those spatula thumbs?

Anyone want to do a pre-race odds recap? A Texas team headed that way....Maybe they surprise everyone?
Holy $ HIT! spatula thumbs. I just laughed so hard. They are spatulas. They are the biggest and ugliest thumbs I've ever seen.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Real talk...who would be interested in running a three race Triple Crown Points Series in 2022?

April 23 - Lucerne Valley (Standard points)
Sept. 24 - Lucerne Valley (1.5 points)
Dec. 3 - Barstow (Double points)

5U Triple Crown Champion would get a minimum of $5000 cash on top of individual race paybacks.
2nd Place in Triple Crown Points - Cash plus prizes including entry fees.
3rd Place in Triple Crown Points - Prizes and one entry fee.

I am not trying to step on the coalition's toes here, I just have sponsors that want to have 5U in this 2022 triple crown series and I want to see if you guys are down. One of these races would remain the big purse 5U shootout race.
Cody you’ll get plenty of soft commitments. I can’t guarantee any numbers though.

vdubaru

RDC Crypto
531 wild thing car is ready team's ready but I just got out of hospital yesterday yes a couple weeks of covid lung infection yada yada. I'm sorry but physically I cant make the race this weekend. sorry for being one of, that let you down Cody id be there if I could breath.

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
531 wild thing car is ready team's ready but I just got out of hospital yesterday yes a couple weeks of covid lung infection yada yada. I'm sorry but physically I cant make the race this weekend. sorry for being one of, that let you down Cody id be there if I could breath.

Best of luck with your recovery man!

5racer

RDC Crypto
get well soon you can always race another day :)