Class 5 only

Jeffers909

RDC Crypto
Website
www.moreracing.net
tempImageGAeIbh.png
tempImageTdgXil.png

Weddle Industries Class 5 Clash Winner, Top Qualifier, Fast Lap, Mr. Consistent, and Most Dominant Driver results in $5160 in cash winnings + $500 from McKENZIE's, + a free MORE entry fee, plus 4 custom trophies....Not a bad weekend for Cade Garcia and co-dog Nick Almada.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Any good race stories? @promer ?

How did the Texas car do?

promer

RDC Crypto
Website
www.promersurfboards.com
Only had this moment and one more o poop moment during my 3 laps. Gotta give props to Cade for killing it the whole race. Unfortunately we had 2 issues that kept us from giving him a challenge. First on lap one the fuel pump wires broke off and cost Steve at least 15-20 min of down time. On the 3rd lap one of the coil wires started to pull out of the #1 coil. That caused the motor to run on 3 cylinders on and off. Steve found the problem and zip tied it to get it back to the Pit. We did driver change and the guys got to work fixing the coil wire. Have to thank BDR Brian for coming over with the right tools to fix it up. Felt like I was sitting there for 20 min. But probably was less. I'll have to let Steve fill in the rest of his experience from the first 3 laps. I know I'm stoked to come away with a 2nd place finish after all that!!! O yah and one of those big fake checks too!

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
Congratulations to you and Steve. Happy to see you got some cash and a trophy. Bummer to see in that short video that three non race vehicles were so close.

Jeffers909

RDC Crypto
Website
www.moreracing.net
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 9.04.21 AM.png

Cade's fast lap was a 56.6 mph average. Must have been a fast course... Had so many racers say this was the best MORE course they've ever raced.

Promer also took home the See Devil Baloon light if my memory is correct. Ethan Jackson won the Pro Eagle Perseverance Award which earned him a Pro Eagle Jack and the PCI Chase Radio I believe. Mike Belk gets a free MORE entry fee and $250 certificate to Signpros. Jason Seibert got the Fluid Flow Performance Tools. Adam Spitz gets a pair of handheld PCI radios.

Cade also gets a $500 cert. from McKENZIE's, so does Ray Promer, and Ethan Jackson. Ethan also gets another $500 cert. for last official finisher.

And since the genius in the Bronco ran Promer off the course, he gets the 239 Films short edit.

Almost forgot...Who did I give the G1 Fuel Mat too?

Back to the course. Lot's comments previously about how rough Barstow and Lucerne is and people are tired of running the same tore up courses... My #1 priority since I took over in 2014 was to provide fresh new courses. Here we are seven years later in 2021 and this 48 mile course had 20% of never before ran course, and 50% of it had not been ran in over 3 years. Yes, that leaves 30% of it that gets ran a lot, but there are certain sections that can't be avoided in order to make a loop.

Hopefully, I can get BLM to grade Bessemer Mine Rd and next year's race will be staged there and go out to Boone Rd and beyond like back in 2014.

usmcgunrock

RDC Crypto
View attachment 232579View attachment 232580

Weddle Industries Class 5 Clash Winner, Top Qualifier, Fast Lap, Mr. Consistent, and Most Dominant Driver results in $5160 in cash winnings + $500 from McKENZIE's, + a free MORE entry fee, plus 4 custom trophies....Not a bad weekend for Cade Garcia and co-dog Nick Almada.
I watched them get close to going end over end with that car running hot into a big bump just before dropping into the wash with the rock wall on right. Glad to see they got the win, they looked good all day as the would pass us in class 11.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Yea LOL Is ray still cooling off from that? ;) love ya ray

turbodon

RDC Crypto
Yeah, I think it was fake news tho. Chicken poop roll in, they jumped the start, other guy was granny shifting and not double clutching like they should've been. Supposedly the Honda gapped the Ecotec powered 10 car but I think it was photoshop.
Cade and his Navigator are stupid fast. When I see the in-car of Nick calling out turns based of the notes in LeadNav on his tiny handheld iPhone it blows my mind. These guys really work the competition over quite badly.

How the shootout went from 22 5u cars a few years ago down to 6/7 this go-around is pretty weird. It seems like JFW has pumped cars out, Crumco, SKM, Wicked, Penhall, you name it... seems like a lot of cars got put in circulation in the last couple years but a lot of them are in hiding (mine included) There was speculation that the BITD race on the same weekend hurt the count, but those guys only had 3 cars. I thought for sure a gang of guys would've shown up that weren't pre registered to "surprise everyone."
Hope to see an actual big count race soon..
Did I hear something about a "drag race" between a 5 and 10 during the race at one point?

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Yeah, I think it was fake news tho. Chicken poop roll in, they jumped the start, other guy was granny shifting and not double clutching like they should've been. Supposedly the Honda gapped the Ecotec powered 10 car but I think it was photoshop.
Cade and his Navigator are stupid fast. When I see the in-car of Nick calling out turns based of the notes in LeadNav on his tiny handheld iPhone it blows my mind. These guys really work the competition over quite badly.

How the shootout went from 22 5u cars a few years ago down to 6/7 this go-around is pretty weird. It seems like JFW has pumped cars out, Crumco, SKM, Wicked, Penhall, you name it... seems like a lot of cars got put in circulation in the last couple years but a lot of them are in hiding (mine included) There was speculation that the BITD race on the same weekend hurt the count, but those guys only had 3 cars. I thought for sure a gang of guys would've shown up that weren't pre registered to "surprise everyone."
Hope to see an actual big count race soon..
You are a pretty good example, sometimes life and other goals take precedence. Did your car sell?

turbodon

RDC Crypto
Yeah, it sold. It's been spotted a number of times cruising PCH, at classic VW car shows, and out in Barstow over the weekend. I'm glad it's getting used but a little bitter / jealous at the same time. I'm hoping to find an oldschool/cheap "barn find" Jimco or something like that that I can do some modernizations to and come back out to race eventually. At this time I'm not going to forecast building another car from the ground up as the time required is just not fair to the fam... I did make a lot of notes, fixtures, jigs, and patterns along the way tho... just incase ;)

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
You hit the nail on the head with not fair to the fam. I feel guilty every time I prep my car knowing I spent more time working on my car than spending with my wife and kids. Its hard to justify the time and money required. A race or two a year is about as much as I feel comfortable with these days. Plus they're pretty fun to be around and are way cheaper LOL!