Class 5 only

Bajawillie

RDC Crypto
Don't think I can call it that Zac but it's good to have a solid program back after that 2.4/2.5 engine swap Sheesh!

So we've been doing lots of testing and my son Soren has been doing most of the driving and really focusing on race speeds over pre-run speeds. I've never been in the right seat this much in my life. It would scare me if it was anybody else but him, so far, he's a good listener and very trainable. At 19 years old he's not set in his ways which is nice. Anyhow, we decide he's going to race unlimited sportsman class 1500 and I'll do 5U. Day one I rode with him as we started from the back of the pack. Lined up with a 10 car and a 3000 car we take the line and he pulls a nice hole shot. Good thing too because it was muddy and over-watered all morning. We start on a pace that I think he can handle as we slowly pick off cars and trucks getting faster every lap, by a lot. His fastest lap was Saturday at a 13:58 his last lap and my fastest lap was a 13:41 which was my first lap. What really surprised me is that I held him back a little on some of the straights so I know he had more in the tank to give. He gets a 3rd place finish from the back of the pack with me telling him to slow down, haha.

Sunday I put my other son in the car to navigate for him, their first time in the car together I think, He starts row one outside of 3 cars wide, flag drops and he's gone! runs the high line all the way around for a hole shot into the whoop section with the 3000 car behind. The goal of the day was to bring dad back a car that wasn't used up and could put up a good fight against Justin Bean Smith later that day. Looked like he forgot the plan but I was happy he was pulling the field so let him go. He ran very consistent laps around 14::06 to 14:15 so he did dial it back a little. Came across the finish line for the win on Sunday. He was 8 seconds off for the overall win in class 1500 and ended up 2nd in class.

So in class 5U Saturday I was first 5 car in the draw but they started me on the line next to the last two ten cars on the outside lane next Blaine Conrad and I think Tom Coons both in single seat cars. Basically had to leave when the flagman's elbow flinched to get a good start, and we did. Lead them into the first corner and out of the CORE track hitting every puddle I can see in front of me. Blaine passes me on the sweeper off the lake bed and Tom is somewhere behind me still. I run a 95% pace and pass maybe 5 10 cars or so and finish 7th overall and 1st in class 5. (Disclaimer) Mrs. Bean was driver of record on Saturday.

Sunday, Line up for staging and expecting to be 3rd row back in the 10 car field and to my disappointment they started me at the back of class 10 and again on the outside next to a 10 car. We'll need to discuss this with RJ the race director at SNORE before we race RAGE this year. Stupid is all I can say. Now I feel like I might have my work cut out for me keeping Bean in my mirror because now he's in the row right behind me and only 30 sec back (on corrected time from Saturday actually 6 minutes). So the 10 car hold his line into the first corner and I can't get passed him. He leads me through the CORE track and out down the long North pit straight. He's set up on the inside and I was running wide left to stay out of the mud and water coming at us. He blows wide on the first right hand sweeper so we dive under and take the spot. We had good battles with Tom Coons again and the People's 10 car all day. Had my hot pit give me the spread on Bean each lap and held a 30 second lead on him just about every lap. I think he broke on the last lap or may have run out of gas my crew said. Anyhow got 7th overall again and the win in class 5.

It was a much needed weekend for the team and the family. Things just could not have gone better. The only issue we had was a rear caliper that was hanging up from all the mud so it ate up the pads both days. 4 races and 4 cleanings and mini preps is a lot!!! the car was destroyed after every race so that's something we will have to adjust to unless I get out of the driver's seat and we only run two races a weekend. (that's not happening anytime soon Zac) See you guys at RAGE!!!

Sorry for the typos, it's the best my sausage fingers can do.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Don't think I can call it that Zac but it's good to have a solid program back after that 2.4/2.5 engine swap Sheesh!

So we've been doing lots of testing and my son Soren has been doing most of the driving and really focusing on race speeds over pre-run speeds. I've never been in the right seat this much in my life. It would scare me if it was anybody else but him, so far, he's a good listener and very trainable. At 19 years old he's not set in his ways which is nice. Anyhow, we decide he's going to race unlimited sportsman class 1500 and I'll do 5U. Day one I rode with him as we started from the back of the pack. Lined up with a 10 car and a 3000 car we take the line and he pulls a nice hole shot. Good thing too because it was muddy and over-watered all morning. We start on a pace that I think he can handle as we slowly pick off cars and trucks getting faster every lap, by a lot. His fastest lap was Saturday at a 13:58 his last lap and my fastest lap was a 13:41 which was my first lap. What really surprised me is that I held him back a little on some of the straights so I know he had more in the tank to give. He gets a 3rd place finish from the back of the pack with me telling him to slow down, haha.

Sunday I put my other son in the car to navigate for him, their first time in the car together I think, He starts row one outside of 3 cars wide, flag drops and he's gone! runs the high line all the way around for a hole shot into the whoop section with the 3000 car behind. The goal of the day was to bring dad back a car that wasn't used up and could put up a good fight against Justin Bean Smith later that day. Looked like he forgot the plan but I was happy he was pulling the field so let him go. He ran very consistent laps around 14::06 to 14:15 so he did dial it back a little. Came across the finish line for the win on Sunday. He was 8 seconds off for the overall win in class 1500 and ended up 2nd in class.

So in class 5U Saturday I was first 5 car in the draw but they started me on the line next to the last two ten cars on the outside lane next Blaine Conrad and I think Tom Coons both in single seat cars. Basically had to leave when the flagman's elbow flinched to get a good start, and we did. Lead them into the first corner and out of the CORE track hitting every puddle I can see in front of me. Blaine passes me on the sweeper off the lake bed and Tom is somewhere behind me still. I run a 95% pace and pass maybe 5 10 cars or so and finish 7th overall and 1st in class 5. (Disclaimer) Mrs. Bean was driver of record on Saturday.

Sunday, Line up for staging and expecting to be 3rd row back in the 10 car field and to my disappointment they started me at the back of class 10 and again on the outside next to a 10 car. We'll need to discuss this with RJ the race director at SNORE before we race RAGE this year. Stupid is all I can say. Now I feel like I might have my work cut out for me keeping Bean in my mirror because now he's in the row right behind me and only 30 sec back (on corrected time from Saturday actually 6 minutes). So the 10 car hold his line into the first corner and I can't get passed him. He leads me through the CORE track and out down the long North pit straight. He's set up on the inside and I was running wide left to stay out of the mud and water coming at us. He blows wide on the first right hand sweeper so we dive under and take the spot. We had good battles with Tom Coons again and the People's 10 car all day. Had my hot pit give me the spread on Bean each lap and held a 30 second lead on him just about every lap. I think he broke on the last lap or may have run out of gas my crew said. Anyhow got 7th overall again and the win in class 5.

It was a much needed weekend for the team and the family. Things just could not have gone better. The only issue we had was a rear caliper that was hanging up from all the mud so it ate up the pads both days. 4 races and 4 cleanings and mini preps is a lot!!! the car was destroyed after every race so that's something we will have to adjust to unless I get out of the driver's seat and we only run two races a weekend. (that's not happening anytime soon Zac) See you guys at RAGE!!!

Sorry for the typos, it's the best my sausage fingers can do.
So rad John. I think the other option is get another car haha

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Getting close. Testing Saturday. She hasn’t been this heavy in a while so we will see how it handles. Hopefully good enough to for Zac and Mike.

Mike Belk is now driving the start leg in Erik’s place. Let’s call it a business decision but I am very lucky to have Mike on board. 2 weeks until we head south *gulp*

Attachments

• 654A86E2-3A90-43F0-919B-10ABFF5D5050.jpeg
    654A86E2-3A90-43F0-919B-10ABFF5D5050.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Getting close. Testing Saturday. She hasn’t been this heavy in a while so we will see how it handles. Hopefully good enough to for Zac and Mike.

Mike Belk is now driving the start leg in Erik’s place. Let’s call it a business decision but I am very lucky to have Mike on board. 2 weeks until we head south *gulp*

How much did AZEK kick down for that little bit of graphic space you gave them ?? Interested because we are in the building materials industry ( lumber, siding, decking, fencing, etc.. ) and want to get some of my current suppliers on board to help us out.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
How much did AZEK kick down for that little bit of graphic space you gave them ?? Interested because we are in the building materials industry ( lumber, siding, decking, fencing, etc.. ) and want to get some of my current suppliers on board to help us out.
10k, We are their #2 contractor nationwide in terms of footage purchased so I used that to bargain with them.

Regarding the start order, it’s based off last race or last years 1000 average speed. So you can thank @Big Whitey and/or me for that...

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Right on! you must build a lot of decks.
Docks believe it or not. At first it was the trex boom and now azek. On a good week we can go through a unit each day, We have a great relationship with them.

Big Whitey

RDC Crypto
10k, We are their #2 contractor nationwide in terms of footage purchased so I used that to bargain with them.

Regarding the start order, it’s based off last race or last years 1000 average speed. So you can thank @Big Whitey and/or me for that...
Yes. If based on last race. We used the old car for the 400. Much slower than the newer car. If based on this year then add the 500 since we got held up in the log jam and cost us a lot of time plus a few other driver errors and we were the first car to finish after the time ran out..if based on last year, then Ben certainly helped slow the average mph. He can tell that 4/5 hour story

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Yes. If based on last race. We used the old car for the 400. Much slower than the newer car. If based on this year then add the 500 since we got held up in the log jam and cost us a lot of time plus a few other driver errors and we were the first car to finish after the time ran out..if based on last year, then Ben certainly helped slow the average mph. He can tell that 4/5 hour story.
Sounds like excuses Greg.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
I like this game!

I do know Bill H contacted score to see if we could be moved up more appropriately.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
535F87DA-58D5-484D-8769-CF277A6AFF7E.jpeg
FA6E610C-0BD4-451C-8D71-8523FB61737C.jpeg
9984B6EE-CEDC-404C-BA64-46EF5736D419.jpeg
230B4BCA-4436-4038-81B8-E8DB19DA8E3C.jpeg
Also, shakedown and shock testing went well. It was awesome having all the drivers/codogs out there. Everyone got seat time. Car is getting closer on setup. Front still needs some attention, going to make one tweak for the race and get it on!

desertspeed

RDC Crypto
Wait.........who am I starting behind?

Well, 1/2-1600, all of the Jeepspeeds, the Hammer classes, pro UTV unlimited , although honestly I have no idea what any of the UTV classes are anymore. We are the only Jeepspeed registered and we are a 4700, but 5-open usually starts right in front of us at races like Parker.

I was just looking at the staging order and was surprised they have you guys so far back.

Baja Belk

RDC Crypto
Well, 1/2-1600, all of the Jeepspeeds, the Hammer classes, pro UTV unlimited , although honestly I have no idea what any of the UTV classes are anymore. We are the only Jeepspeed registered and we are a 4700, but 5-open usually starts right in front of us at races like Parker.

I was just looking at the staging order and was surprised they have you guys so far back.

🤦‍♂️

You have to be kidding me.......

UTV I kind of get (kind of)......but Jeepspeed and 1600?????