Class 5 only

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Mike... watch yourself...

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
This race will be different as we have 4 fast teams. I do think we will pick off a lot of cars based off the route. Don’t see a big advantage for the UTVs until mile 400ish. 1600s just have a crazy pace usually because it’s so competitive and tight.

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Finally got the old grinch together after being in pieces since February and put together some go pro footage thanks to Cory anderson always handling go pros. Fun weekend getting the juices flowing for Baja. Can’t wait to be pre running, eating tacos, and enjoying a few Mexican beers. Minute 3 is where we pick up the pace.

Cade Garcia

RDC Crypto
Anybody going to come out and play at RATR? Roll call🙋‍♂️

Attachments

• 95D8E99D-F994-403A-8EA8-11DA0D1778D7.jpeg
    95D8E99D-F994-403A-8EA8-11DA0D1778D7.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 0

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
If any of you 5er's racing the 1000 end up needing random help near MM205 I will be down there watching with 2 other able bodied pitters/troubleshooters. Sounds like a great time with all of you guys racing

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
I’ll have something special for all you Fxxxers. Guaranteed!!!

Travis are you in Class 5 or 5T? Or is 5T for full time Texas residents?

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Thats only for full time residents. Not part timers. I'm in CA 90%. The family is there full time.
I was wondering about that Travis. Why did they make that move?

CHASETHISTOO

RDC Crypto
I was wondering about that Travis. Why did they make that move?
Honestly the schooling. Things were getting a little ridiculous where we live with all the mandates. My sister lives in Texas and always talks it up so we decided to try it. Our intention was to have them move back when things calmed down out here but now my fear is they wont come back. haha. They love it out there and the boys are thriving.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
25EEB3FB-7032-4D51-A5D1-5D9ECBD3FDFB.jpeg
Hard to believe it but car is prepped and at Belks shop as they will be taking care of it from here on out. Quick visit to danzio yesterday for some calibrating and they found the timing pulley/damper was on its way out... thanks to those guys for taking me in last minute. Heading down Saturday to start the prerun. Can’t wait to see the boys bring my car down the peninsula.

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
View attachment 234403Hard to believe it but car is prepped and at Belks shop as they will be taking care of it from here on out. Quick visit to danzio yesterday for some calibrating and they found the timing pulley/damper was on its way out... thanks to those guys for taking me in last minute. Heading down Saturday to start the prerun. Can’t wait to see the boys bring my car down the peninsula.
Looking forward to my ears ringing and the rev chip bangin all the way down to you Ben! You’ll hear me coming I promise.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
5E47E010-594A-4701-BB5F-DF454012B463.jpeg
A5BF4614-30D8-48CE-9407-4CA61DF73657.jpeg

Congrats to the Chase/Schweers team on a textbook race, consistent all the way down and finished in daylight in La Paz.

Belk’s are awesome, honestly was such a relief having them on board. Handled all the pre race BS and Mike did an epic job getting Zac a clean car right on pace. Zac was on a mission on his leg, last I checked he was 30 mins up, then One Baja incident cost us about 3 hours of repairs but we kept moving. Such a long race, everything happens. Taylor and I hit about 75 miles of sunrise beach fog but had a really fun leg around San Juanico. Dad hopped in with me after we swapped a trailing arm in Loreto and we brought it home.

We were literally 15 mins from the finish in third and saw Bill @bhernquist pulled over needing a CV, heartbreaking but to see them get a finish after their last week was cool.

I’m tired...

CHASETHISTOO

RDC Crypto
We knew it would be a battle down the peninsula.

Here is a recap from my perspective. I don't think I'll have everything 100% accurate since I was up for 38 hours straight but here are the highlights...

Woke up around 7am Thursday morning. Decided to head to the start around 9 to shake out the nerves. I'm glad we did because it was a poop show and they sent everyone off before the allotted time and some in random order. Once we got up on the highway it was a waiting game. My goal was to get in front of the pack by Ojos and slow the pace down. I passed Mike before Ojos and Hernquist shortly after we crossed highway 3. I put a little time on Trey then backed it way down. Apparently he didn't like that I slowed the pace and pushed up on me. So I picked the pace back up then slowed it down again. Once again he was pushing through the dust. We came around a corner and there was a 1600 car blocking the road with his co-driver hanging out of the roof. Luckily I was able to stop in time. Unfortunately Trey was unable to and smacked the back of me good. (He later called to apologize.) Of course thinking this was intentional I got fired up and set out to put some space between us. By time we got to Valley T I had about a 3 minute gap over second who I think was the Swift car at this point. I set my sights on the cross over road and was worried about possible bottle necks. Nothing big except for the never ending line of RZR's, 1600's, 12 cars, and the random 10 cars to pass. After we got through the cross over we were told we put another 2 minutes on 2nd. We ran our coastal section clean avoiding any possible boobie traps or over zealous spectators. Took fuel at 200 and the car looked and felt great. I felt that we were running a decent pace and by this time the sun was going down and I wanted that insurance heading into the night and silt beds. We tip toed through all the silt and low fog. It was like a war zone out there with cars scattered all over the silt beds. The last thing we needed to to be was another statistic. We ripped through 350 were I knew Mike was getting out and Zac was getting in. Everything was going according to plan...that was until it wasn't. The car went into limp mode and said VVT Failure. We tried to continue on to the end of our section at 370. Around RM352 we couldn't make it up a hill and I had to watch 10+ cars and trucks (Zac being one of them) drive by before we got it fired again. Our 15 or so minute lead gone just like that. It went into limp a couple more times and every time that happened it was a 10 minute ordeal to reset it. I passed the baton and jumped in a Chase truck and drove the rest of the peninsula Chasing Errol, Chris, and Pops to our first Baja 1000 Peninsula win!!!

I'm glad we have a good group of 5 car guys to run against and we can literally say we raced the best at the 3rd longest Baja 1000 to date.

Attachments

• 20211118_103202.jpg
    20211118_103202.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211119_172406.jpg
    20211119_172406.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2901.jpg
    IMG-2901.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20211119-180711_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211119-180711_Instagram.jpg